The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #22

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by love_fan, Jul 12, 2009.

1. brom

brom Victim

I haven't been here in a long time, sorry. I have been loving this season so far, but tonight's episode, which I won't talk about until tomorrow, made me really angry. Anyway... About the Hojem thing... Grissom brought it up in an episode in season 1 I think it was, saying that it was his mother's maiden name. This was when we found out that he is Norwegian and calls his grandpa 'Papa Olaf.' Then I think someone forgot because later he talked about his Nana Olaf, and I was confused.

Also: Did anyone catch what Greg's high school was called? It said on his bowling ball bag, but I didn't quite catch it.

2. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Here you go: http://twitpic.com/q5bha

Last night's ep didn't have Greg and Nick together, but there was a phone call at the end. It wasn't specific as to who Nick was talking to, so you can imagine who you want...

3. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Hojem is Greg's mother's maiden name and Greg's middle name. I've always viewed his grandparents as "Nana and Papa Olaf Hojem", with Greg referring to his Nana by her "married name" which, for some I've noticed, can include the first name of the husband. Might be the case with Greg.

Anyone can correct me, by the way. This is just a theory of mine.

4. BrokenSmile93

BrokenSmile93 Dead on Arrival

Its been awhile o_O

Did anyone see that George Eads was on the cover of Men's Fitness? He looks soooooo good! I would post the pictures but I dont know if I'm allowed to.:confused:
    Could someone tell me if I am? Because I would gladly post them for you to see :)

5. lil_janie

lil_janie Hit and Run

That phonecall at the end reminded me - you all remember that interview with George, when he said how he would like to have a romance in this season? A woman, he said, if I'm not mistaken. Now, that's not good for this ship, now is it. Still, as someone who likes this ship, and enjoys Nick/Greg interaction, I would be sad if that's the case. I'll think it was Greg on the other line. For now. Everyone's inoscent until proven guilty, right?
    Anyway, I god DVDs with first two seasons. Oh my, haven't seen those in a long while. I enjoyed it so, so much. And laughed my head off. Crazy Greg, and all the moves that made this ship. All the best lines are from those seasons, I think. I'll get seasons three and four in ten days or so, and I can't wait.
    And while speaking about our two favourite characters, has anyone else noticed that Greg is not so often in the field lately? I mean, he seems to be stuck in the AV lab, looking at some tapes, or what ever. He was doing Archie's job in the last ep, and not for the first time. I'm not saying that he doesn't go out, because he does, but still - too much time indoors, take it from me.

6. csi_miami_babe

csi_miami_babe Rookie

He seems to be going out in the field quite a bit more than last season, so at least that's an improvement. The past few weeks I've been noticing the shirts that Greg's been wearing because they look like something Nick would wear instead. I think the past two episodes he's been wearing the flannel button up shirts like we've seen Nick in. Maybe Greg's been an overnight guest for awhile...

7. lil_janie

lil_janie Hit and Run

Hehe, there might have been pajama party :lol: I haven't noticed, just enjoyed the show.
    I have to correct myself. Greg does go more out in this season. I am so sorry, I have been watching seasons 9 and 10 at the same time, and it's in 9th that there's so little of him, and he's mostly stuck in the lab. Guys, I am so sorry, don't be mad at me. Season 9 I watch on our national TV, every day; season 10 online.

8. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

So last night we got some good Greg and Nick interaction on the show. First they are working the scene together and walking side by side again, all in black. :D Then my personal favorite scene was in the garage and Greg telling Nick (a story I guess he had not heard before ;) ) about going out for a joy ride in his Papa Olaf's car when he was young. I loved how amused Nick was and called him a little car thief. :lol: That whole scene I can totally see somehow being related to in a fanfic. Nick still has so much to learn about Greg's "rebellious" childhood adeventures. :lol: Just too bad they did not have Greg and Nick wanting to race at the end. That would have been perfect. :D

9. PraetorCorvinus

I picked up on two particular scenes that seem to have a little subtext. The first when Nick and Greg are working the highway and how in-sync they were. Each moved almost symmetrical to the other.

The other scene being at the end of Greg's story of car thievery. The smile Nick gives is big. I mean BIG. Almost as a more than friends type of thing.

I'm sure someone *cough Dizzney cough* would be able to get a screen cap of that...

10. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Screencaps you say. :) I'm not Dizzney but...

the "little car thief" -
    [​IMG]

showing Nick why this wasn't the right yellow car.
    [​IMG]

standing next to eachother in the layout room

My favorite scene of the night! :thumbsup:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Susan

11. PraetorCorvinus

Ah, blackflag, you're the best! :)

A very subtle, yet not subtle, episode. Very enjoyable.

12. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Great caps, blackflag. Yeah last night was great. Those caps show just how alike they have become after so many years of being together. I loved how they both wore black jeans and black jackets. Greg hardly ever wears sunglasses though and he really should. He's always squinting. :lol:

One thing I have noticed is that you can tell Eric is from a cold weather state (Wisconsin). He always wears a lighter weight jacket than George, the Texan.

I have not had time to cap yet. Working too many hours today and tomorrow to really do it.

13. Greggo_Obsessed

Greggo_Obsessed Hit and Run

So Thursday's episode wasn't bad. Loved the whole highway scene. So in sync. Awesome. Loved Greg's story even more. I can totally imagine him doing that too. It was nice to hear more about Papa Olaf too. And Nicky's smile. Oh my gosh. He was so amused. You could tell he thought Greg was being adorable. Also in the final scene with Nick and Cath, and maybe this is just me but Nick's smile and the way he faced the road with his body posture and everything, had to be one of the gayest things I've seen in a while. I just burst out laughing after the shock wore off.

14. Nick3167

Nick3167 Rookie

I still loved that Nick tried to "trip Wendy in the garage if she was for or against the suspect Nick " Are you hindering or Helping" LOVED IT a little flirty I might say. But The Greg/Nick on the race strip was SOOOOOOOOO COOL and Greg looked a little concerned for Nick being out there I Eric worried about George having a BAD reaction to the cooler weather?

I have had a Double knee replacement and can tell when the weather is changing and it hurts BIG TIME!!!!!!

15. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

I just watched the latest episode and I am swooning! Soooo much Love and subtext!

My favourite part was when they worked the highway together, they moved so instinctively with each other without having to say a word.

But...oh wow...when Sara compliments Nick about getting the tire tread photo...Greg gives Nick this look...it's sheer Love and pride and..and..it made me swoon! I'm still swooning!!

[​IMG]
    (thank you Stokes4Me for the cap!)

I think this episode has topped the others for my favourite Love episode. :adore:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010