The Fort for Nick?greg slash fans #19

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Wojo, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Well Eric mentioned in his most recent fan letters that he responded to that he was coming back for another season of CSI. So he is definitely returning this season, beyond that who knows but I am assuming he probably did another 2 years too if most of the others did.

I did not like Greg's hair in the beginning of Season 2...the faux mohawk did not bother me much.

I was just watching After the Show, S4, and liked this part...what Nick said:
    SARA: I would take you and me over Catherine and Greg anytime.

(This news startles NICK.)

NICK: She's got Greg helping her?

SARA: Yeah.

NICK: (rationalizing) Well, the only way to learn is by getting out in the
    field, and if Greg helps find her, I'm okay with that.

He is sticking up for his man. Just like when he got turned down for the supervisor position and they gave the new CSI position instead for Greg...shows how unselfish he is when it comes to Greg.

2. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

I like the idea, QOTU! And I hope TPTB got the right idea for once. >.<
    So I was watching After the Show on Spike this afternoon and it came to this part . . .
    Sara: I don't believe this.
    Nick: What does it matter? We're all on the same team.
    Sara: Nick, it was our case. You said it. You wait a career for a case like this. Puts us on the front line for promotion.
    Nick: Let's just find her, okay?
    Sara: You know what the worst part about this whole thing is? Catherine knows I can do this case.
    Nick: So can I.
    Sara: I would take you and me over Catherine and Greg anytime. (Nick looks startled)
    Nick: She's got Greg helping her?
    Sara: Yeah.
    Nick (after a moment): Well, the only way to learn is by getting out in the field, and if Greg helps find her, I'm okay with that.
    --
    Hmm. Interesting reaction from Nicky. When I saw it, my subtexty-raydar went off. He was defending Greg in his own way. He probably wanted to say more, but obviously he wouldn't. It's still a secret, even if Sara knows (if Greg told her). I can't really explain about the scene. It's not hugely subtexty, but there's also this undercurrent of emotion from Nick, but it kind of gets overriden because Sara is pretty pissed off.

3. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ I'm watching that episode right now. I noticed it too. Like my_last_chance said theres this underlying emotion in his voice. Almost hes nervous that Greggo is gonna be out in the field and not safe in the lab. Even though the lab has not been very safe in the past. bubbles I think Sara knows about their relationship, her and Greggo have a very close friendship, more so when he starts working in the field. I like Greggo with dark hair. But I would have to say my favorite is season six when they both have longer shaggy hair. :drool:

4. Fuzzy_Wolf

Fuzzy_Wolf Victim

i'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!:evil: Hello everyone who at this moment is no one :p to that to anyone who cares ( which once again is no one ) I HAVE DROPED HARRY POTTER ON HIS SCARE HAEDED FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now back to bisness: i really do not know nor do i care what you people have been talking about sooooooo...

i Really can't wait for the next season is ( i can't spell his name ) Mr.Brown really dead and what dose it holled in store for Nick and Greg? i gess will just have to wait and find out for now i'm Fuzzy proud to say i have not curssed once!

-Fuzzy Th- th- th- thats all foucks!-Porcky Pig

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  5. my_last_chance

^-^ Haha it seems as if we all watch Spike nowadays. I'm only watching when I can because I should be studying . . . but I don't. Ah well.
    And it's so true, Nick is totally sticking up for his boy, and I'm sure Greg would definitely appreciate it if he was there to hear it. I doubt whether Sara would have said it if Greg was right there, though. They are friends after all, and she was in a pretty snarky mood so hopefully she wouldn't have hurt Greggo's feelings.
    I honestly loved that scene though because there's so much that isn't being said right.

6. twins1729

twins1729 Pathologist

*comes out of the shadows*

Hi! How are all my lovers and lovettes?

Things have been...alright. I'm been TRYING to look for a job, failing at the moment. :( Nicole's been working extra hours at the store because of it. Our Nuke Wiki was subjected to MAJOR trolling that had to be taken care of. *sigh*

I was watching some Nick/Greg clips on YouTube and I realized what a horrible person I was.

My slash love! I've forgotten thee!!! I'm actually working on a video right now. *is in the mood to make videos*

All I do is talk on Wikis (I'm still Admining the CSI: Wiki!) and in ONE forum. I think I need to branch out more!

So how are all of you?! Any more newbies?!

If so, hi! We're the twins! Natalie and Nicole!

Wow! I didn't even get the chance to tell you about NYC and meeting Van and Jake!? PM me if you want pictures!

I've been working midnights with my dad a few days out of the week. So in the morning I get on for a while. I'll try to remember to pop in a say hi!

I'll let you know when my video is done, and now I'm going to sit back and wait for the boys to graciously grace our screens in a few months. :)

7. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

jumps up and down because twins are back!

Hey, welcome back! We missed you!

I really liked After the Show and how much Nick cared for Greg. He was really happy for him to get the opportunity to work this big case. He so selfless when it comes to Greg ...

I couldn't imagine Greg being on the show without Nick. It would be extremely awkward. Of course, if Nicky visits him once in a while. But still, I hope both stay til the end or they leave together. Hey, wait, maybe they leave together because they don't want to live a lie anymore? Or because one of them has to change shifts and they can't stand being apart? Wouldn't that be the ultimate proof of their love?

8. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Hey twins. I don't think I was here when you were, but hey :D

I loved After the Show on the whole anyway, but I guess I'd never thought about how Nick is quite protective about Greg working the case when Sara is just totally pissed. I guess it's quite sweet, Nick is willing to take a backburner and not fight to work harder to be more in the case so Greg can learn. Like he said, 'we're all on the same team.'

And I can't even imagine to think of the show without one of them. I personally can see it without Grissom, as we know he has a short life anyway, but without Cath,Nick and Greg, it would'n't be the same for me. I don't think that one would go if the other was still there personally, but if Eric doesn't get more screen time, he might decide to try something else (I hope not though).

I try not to think that CSI will end any time soon, I like living in my little cocoon ;)

9. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Hi Twins! Nice to meet you:D

Agree with you bubbles. Show without Nick and Greg wouldn't be the same. Without Catherine I can't imagine too(I still can't believe that Sara will be back in next season, no matter in how many epis she'll be, I just want to see her). I hope that Eric will have more screen time. Greg is so amazing and of course Nick needs him so much!

Love_fan, nice proof of Love, but... they just can't go away, no! Oh, now I see how they're happy... Their happiness is more important than my selfish whims (I guess our;)). After that everyone should see The Love.

Oh, I have cocoon too, bubbles;)

10. my_last_chance

Eeep! I can't even imagine CSI without Greg or Nick. I think I'd honestly stop watching. It'd be so horrible to see Greg go on without Nick, he'd be miserable! But if Nick stopped in every once in a while . . . I'd be a little happier. I'd probably only watch those episodes, but oh well.
    Hey twins! Nice to see ya again!
    I don't know how long CSI is going to be going anymore. As George Eads said in that interview: "Grissom has a short shelf life." Can CSI carry on without its leading man? I don't have a clue. I think a lot of people would stop watching the show due to the fact Gris isn't there anymore, but then again some people just watch for the cases and don't care much about the characters or they prefer other characters more than Grissom.
    If Cath takes over for Grissom and Nick becomes a supervisor as well, I'd still watch. Grissom isn't my favorite so I don't really mind if he leaves or not. Sure things'll be different, but change is good sometimes, right? I wonder who they'd get to replace Grissom, if they got anyone at all. CSI is definitely starting to become bloated due to the large recurring cast.

11. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

I really believe that show will go on without Grissom. I even think that it'll be a big chance for other characters like Greg or even Nick. And I don't mean Love here. True that Grissom is a charismatic person so he's attracting attention. I read many posts (other forums) where people are saying that they'll stop watching CSI when Grissom will go. I just can't believe in that because of a very simple reason - I'm curious. If really Grissom is the biggest part of the show I just want to see how his lack is bad for it. And of course not from the subjective side but objective. It's probably easy to say for me 'cause Grissom is not my favourite character and I don't watch CSI because of him. After his leaving attention will change extremly. Characters like Greg who didn't have much screen time in last seasons would have a chance to show more. I'm pretty sure that should be the change after Grissom's leaving. For me optimistic 'cause Greg and Nick are my favourites and they are my the biggest reason for watching CSI.

Catherine always was a strong character and in the centre of attention. I found many voices that she won't be a good boss but I believe in her. And Nick as a supervisor? Great! Personally I think that changes are indispensable, even in so popular show. I think optimistic about them... Of course only when Nick and Greg stay... but that's obvious.

12. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Oh yeh, I totally think that CSI could and will go on without Grissom. I think that it would lose a few viewers, but would still hold it's own in the ratings. Grissom isn't my favourite character by far, he'd come after Cath, Greg, Sara, Nick, Brass. I mean yeh it'd be totally different without him, but change might not be that bad. And WP does want to do other things.

In relation to Nick/Greg, I still think Cath would be supervisor, so if Nick was promoted to what Cath is now, so say co-supervisors, I wonder how it would affect their relationship? With Nick having to give orders (kind of). I still am not sure of their togetherness at the moment (I'm on 8x02 still a little behind), but I guess if they are together, it'd be a little different but Greg would totally support Nick and Nick would understand Greg may feel a little strange having him as boss. If they aren't together, I think that Greg may think that he's got further out of his grasp and needs to do something soon. I don't know though :confused:

13. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ I agree about the whole Griss thing. Even though its gonna be hard for me to watch the show without Warrick, I'll still watch though. But it would be just weird without Cath, Nicky, Greggo or Brass. They are so the meat an potatoes of the show. I like the idea of Nicky and Cath being co-supervisors. Then the boys would run into the trouble of supervisor and underling like Sara and Griss did with stupid Eckle. Like bubbles said it would make things harder for the boys to get together cause of those issues. Like Nicky would worry about what everyone would say about him being a Greggos boss and Greggo would feel he was further out of his spectrum. Also they would work together less and that would make me sad.

Twins its so great to see you we have missed you here at the FORT.

14. twins1729

twins1729 Pathologist

Thanks guys. :) I missed you all.

I was always under the impression that after Grissom/Billy left, after Catherine/Marg left, the show wanted Nick to be the lead. To take over the lab.

I know I haven't been keeping up on articles and stuff. :p However, that's something that's been discussed for a while.

It's definitely going to be weird without Warrick. I wonder who Nick's going to cling to now that his best buddy is gone. ;)

15. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

Argh...this, *this* is what happens when I try to write instead of posting here. There is so much to reply to that I spontaneously combust :wtf:

Welcome back Twins :)

I'm amused that the great hairstyle debate rages on. I'm with Wojo, S6 long hair for all. But failing that, just no shaved heads and absolutely no moustaches, whatsoever. Ok?

I would definitely keep watching if Grissom left. I like him, and all, but he isn't the be all and end all for me. It would be interesting to see the dynamics if it was Nick that stepped into a supervisory position. I think he and Greg would be ok, but it might be a little weird for a while. As I always maintain, Greg is no pushover and I think would continue to make his authority felt at home even if he has to play Nick's subordinate at work ;)

This is an interesting thought. Though I believe they are together by this point, it still made me think. If neither had made a move by that point, it could definitely be a push in that direction - do it before you lose him completely kind of thing. I would hate it if they worked less cases together though. I want more cases. I want the Nick and Greg show :lol:

PS Bubbles I love Catherine's S2 hair as well :thumbsup:

Nat x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.