The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #18

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by twins1729, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

I'm here *jumps up and down*..

Sorry guy I read all the post I just been lurking around lol but never really got the time to post in here lol...

Okay so fav Nick/Greg moments:
    I love this one from "Goodbye and Good Luck":
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the "wink of love":
    [​IMG]

Seabird - love you new avatar!!! So Hot!! :D :D

Anyway was just watching "Cockroaches" -(weird how an episode titled like that isn't about grissom lol)...

But I totally loved this episode dispite the lack of N/G moments...Totally wanted to hug Warrick poor guy....

Well I'm off pop by sooner..

2. only_true_love

only_true_love Lab Technician

Hello everyone! :D

As a GSR shipper, I can definately say I DO NOT want TPTB to have the boys become canon to all viewers in the same way as GSR. I'd love a locker room scene. Start out with some flirtyness between them and just as they are about to leave Greggo looks around to make sure they are alone and reeaches into his pocket and hands back Nicky his ring. And of course say something like, "You left this at at my place last night...." Nicky of course smiles and says, thanks babe." And as they leave the locker room together Nicky turns to Greggo and says, "you never told me where you got this for me." or something else that is better. But any scene in the locker room would be cool! ;) :D :devil:

I agree that if Nicky became supervisor than are boys becoming canon will never happen or if they even hide it like GSR did to the rest of the team, it will end as GSR did and I dont think anyone wants that. Besides Wendy becoming a CSI, I'd love for Sofia to return. Although I'm divided if I liked her better as a cop or CSI?

As for TPTB being scared outing our boys for good or even making them canon, I completely agree. Though, its not all out of fear that fans will stop watching because they made the characters gay or as a couple. Its the really higher up 'powers that be'. What I mean by that its not just the writer, producers, etc. Its the companies that sponser the show. And correct me if I'm wrong Procter & Gamble is a company that deals with CBS shows. Its sad whether its them or whomever. Its why if CSI wasnt on one of the major networks like abc, cbs, or nbc, I truely feel writers would take more chances, like having Nicky or Greggo openly gay or bi or have them as a couple. I dont know numbers or sources but I heard when GSR became canon (the bedroom scene) a lot of fans were ticked and not b/c they wanted Sara with Greg or Nick, b/c of the age difference (I have even heard some thought it was sick). Discrimination isnt just sexual preference. :(

3. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

OTL- I agree with you completely! Especially with the age difference thing. That's what I was thinking in the beginning. I'm over that now, I just don't see the chemistry, but whatever. That's not the point. Discrimination does come in all different shapes and sizes. I'm sure if it had been Warrick and Cath there'd be a lot said against that, besides the fact of their races being different. They are coworkers after all. No matter what, there will always be people, whether they're fans of the show, or PTB, who will not like a ship for whatever reason. But you're right, I don't want The Love to go the way of GSR. Too much repetitiveness for one thing, and look how GSR ended up for another. Though, not every relationship is perfect and will work out. We have to respect that too. Just because we want our boys to fall in love(unless they already are) and live happily ever after doesn't mean they will. And doesn't mean we should be wishing other ships to die. lol, not that I'm accusing anyone of that, but you get the idea.

Anyway, on another thought... OTL ... you need to write that locker room scene! I LOVE it! Write it, post it on the wiki! I think it could easily be short enough for it!

BTW, guys, remember we've got the Defining Moments of The Love wiki that's still in a very much lacking of support right now! We need as many members and as much art, stories, videos, and whatever else you've got, as possible! Check it out! definingmomentsofthelove(dot)wetpaint(dot)com.

Ok, long post over, back to work! ttyl!

4. twins1729

twins1729 Pathologist

What's up!!!!

Okay, CSI: Wiki news!

You guys hear it first!

CBS has dropped it's partnership with the CSI: Wiki, but it will still continue as a site. I hate CBS. They do that ALL the time. Create something and don't finish what they started ugh.

I'm SO ready to start seeing my boys again. I'm getting all deprived. I wonder what they'll look like? Have we seen any resent pictures of George or Eric to know?

Anyways, speaking of Wetpaint...Us Nuke fans have been doing this Media Blitz. Which has reached the LA Times, NY Daily News, Boston Globe, the list goes on. There was also a debate about it on CNN Showbiz Tonight where they mention (not by name) my site! Not only that, after Wetpaint heard about this, they decided to hook me up with their PR lady. She said she could get us and interview on Letterman, Leno, Ellen or The View!!!!

I COULD BE ON TV!!!

Okay, I'm SO mentioning the CSI Wiki (especially since it's not a part of CBS anymore). I'm supposed to metion Wetpaints and how awesome they are. That way, I'll get everything paid for! So, I thought, if I'm mentioning the CSI: Wiki...shouldn't I mention my love for Nick and Greg.

"I think CBS has two gay couples."

LMAO!

What do you guys think!?

5. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

Twins!!! I missed you...*hugs* You on TV? OMG! I would LOVE to see you on TV.

So. TRUE. ;) I think you could mention Nick/Greg. IIRC, Wikipedia mentioned our ship on the page about slash. The Advertiser and afterelton.com have done it too.

I for one wouldn't complain if Nick/Greg became canon on the show like GSR. I mean, beggars can't be choosers and we've been waiting for it EIGHT YEARS ! :lol:

Thanks for the spoilers, Wojo . I hope the boys have more scenes together in the new episodes *crosses fingers*

Found on The Love WIKI page, this article where they mention Nick/Greg:

From The Advertiser (article about George's visit to Australia in 2006)

"Anyone ever thinking of swiping the Logies next weekend, may want to think twice. One of TV's best detectives will be there, TV Week yesterday announced. CSI star, George Eads will be a special guest presenter on the big night, which screens on Channel 9 on May 7. Eads plays technician Nick Stokes, who has a rough past. Guest director Quentin Tarantino even buried him alive! Eads has a huge following; he is the subject of one of the Internet's more passionate fandoms- a hardcore group that believes Nick (George Eads) is in a secret, gay relationship with fellow tech Greg Sanders, played by Eric Szmanda. Watch carefully. The subtext is there, knowing looks and all."

So we are a passionate fandom.....who knew? ;) And we are on the news!!!

"Watch carefully. The subtext is there, knowing looks and all"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Greg waving at Nick while he's saying his infamous "Leggo my Greggo". Why Greg was there? ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks to The Love WIKI page for the article and the lovely screencaps.

The Love WIKI

6. jay

jay Witness

I think what you need to remember is that you'd be interviewed because of NUKE and NOT CSI. You really don't wanna screw up your chance on TV by going completely out of left field and screwing everything up for any and all involved. Mention Nuke and STICK to NUKE. Think of the followups. "Oh what do you mean?" then you get everyone associated with CSI is deep water, you're not there for them.

On that note, i'll shut up. I'm sorry for the rant, I like Nuke too, but this is a Nick/Greg forum, not a Nuke one.

7. nickfangirl

nickfangirl Prime Suspect

Wait wait wait, I'm gone for a while, having my laptop fixed etc. and twins goes on tv, CBS drops the wiki, anything else I should know about? Oh and I heard about new CSI soon :3 and I am pleased.

8. twins1729

twins1729 Pathologist

Lol, Jay!

Yup! That was my evil plan all along! Pretend to like Nuke, do some things, get them attention, just so I can go on TV and talk about...Nick and Greg!

Now, IF there is a moment where I can slip something about Nick and Greg in there....lmao.

I missed you guys too! I don't come here enough! GAH!

*huggs Seabird*

I know! Eight YEARS!! Eight long, excruciating years. Well, it's not that bad, actually not bad at all. What Nick and Greg have is just awesome! They are THE best slash couple of all time. Hands down.

There a LOT of great couples as well. But Nick and Greg is now, at the height of Internet fandom. I just CAN'T wait for new episodes. It's like a second summer.

What's a fangirl to do?!

One month guys!!!

9. only_true_love

only_true_love Lab Technician

Awww thanks QOTU. I'll try and write it soon a possible. It will be realllly short.

I cant wait to see the boys too. I wonder if Greggo/Eric will have a new hair style. I reallllllly hope if he has that the spikeyness comes back. Even if its just a little bit. Doesnt have to be extreme. Has anyone thought about how the season finale will be? I know that thinking way too far ahead & that new episodes havent started back again. I bring it up for 2 reasons: for us to think about and since season fianles have been the episode that shocks, worries, & or surprises you. So if it were to be something involving our boys characters (one or both), what do you think the writers could do?? And it doesnt have to be something where our boys become canon. Just anything.

I agree with Jay that Twins be careful what you say. If your asked is there any other gay ship that you support or like to see then go ahead and bring up our boys. Either way, good luck!

10. NickyandGreggo

NickyandGreggo Witness

OMG Twins on TV that would be so cool. Let us know as you as you can who and when you will be interviewed buy!!

I would love to talk to Ellen but thats just me :)

11. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

So True OTL and QOTU - discrimation is not just about sexual perference, it can also be on race and age difference...I also heard people calling Grissom and Sara's relationship sick after that bedroom scene.. So discrimation is not just sexual preference :(

Twins - glad to see you back..missed you...erm i got an idea for a new banner so if your up for making it...I was wondering if it would be best to PM you or email...let me know okay (I do have your email addy just in case)...

With all this talk of eight years did I mention I have a tribute vid I made for the Wiki up....Nick/Greg - 8 Years Of The Love - Its up on Youtube my username for that is Shazza018...let me know what you guys think...

I'll pop by soon..

12. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I wonder if CBS dropped the wiki because of all the Slash relationship threads, maybe they are cutting themselves off from it because of their homophobic tendencies? Soap operas are one thing but big time prime time dramas are another. The Nick and Greg fandom is the largest of the slash fandoms and CBS does not want to deal with it. IMHO

13. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

Most likey. Makes me kinda sad cause in this day and age you think any type of relationship would be excepted almost anywhere else. Or maybe CBS suddenly wants to aim it CSI fan base somewhere else, and wants to avoid conflict. Thats hard to say though cause the CSI fans are such a wide area of viewers. But yet again doesn't that mean they would not have to worry about losing too many fans if they introduced Nick/Greg as a couple. And one last thing if the writers decide to make it a canon whats CBS gonna do just drop their most popular show. I think not.

14. twins1729

twins1729 Pathologist

CBS dropped the Wiki because they can't hold onto anything. They created their video Ning site, and dropped it a few months later. I'm surprised they held onto the the Wiki for over a year!

It was number 1 for the longest time, and now it's fallen gradually and is number 23. (My Nuke Wiki has been #1 for three weeks *dances*).

It started when the writer's strike appeared and when Sara left and GSR broke up.

I don't think it's about the slash. That really isn't a big part of the site. :)

Guys, I would be happy to make banners/avatars/anything!!

Go ahead and email @ twins1729@yahoo.com. :p

Be as descriptive as you want!!!

15. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Well hey ya'll...

Hmm, well to be honest who can say what its about... Sticking to the subject, personally I think it is as Wojo said has something to do with gay or bisexual relationships and the threads. Yes i do believe that the network especially on a hit international show prime time, is related to the characters relationships.

True also that some viewers have been put off by the age gap between Sara and Grissom etc.

I believe in Love.

I too can't wait for the newer episdoes to finally make its way towards England. There is only two to go till the end... I believe...

Off topic, Shazza I will have a look. Congratulations to the Twins but remember why you'r there, and like Jay said if they also asks about any other gay charactes then you can freely mention the love between Nick Stokes and Greg Sanders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.