The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #17

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by twins1729, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. only_true_love

only_true_love Lab Technician

Must re-watch 'Redrum' episode.

I forgot to metion this earlier but I watched 'Overlaod'on Spike. And something Greggo said when Cath and Nick were talking to Greg about some results. "When it's important to Nick I push further." It made me think he was trying to impress Nicky. And even though supposingly Cath is the only one to know about the aweful thing that happened to sweet Nicky *hugs Nicky* I wonder if it was more of "crush" stage at the point bewtween the 2 of them that Greg knew as well. Weather or not Greggo figured it out(general idea not specifically what was told to Cath) or Nick told him.

2. suckerforasmile

suckerforasmile Rookie

-hugs Zodiac- Gah! You're back, yay! :D

I've never ever ever seen Redrum. Guh. Fail. I HAVE seen the Wink of Love, but never on a TV screen or in original context. (it was always in videos. Ugh. Not that I don't like videos, but the scene with sound would be awesome...)

:lol: Nick's face when he's holding the bra gets me every single time. xD I absolutely love it.

I'm also excited because I'm three days away (or 7K away) from getting back into fanfic. -sighs- It's been a long month for not writing it, but it's been a really short month for writing NaNo. >_>

I'm thinkin' that I'm going to start something new. >_> I'm not quite sure, though. I've lost the page with all my beautiful ideas -whimpers-

I'm off to finish!

3. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Oh man. Look at that quote and don't think about the context. I have such a filthy mind at times. :devil:

Roughly than a week before S6 comes out on DVD here in Australia. I can't wait to see 'Rashomama' in DVD quality, and 'Gum Drops'. I still hold to the fact Nick stays in contact with little Cassie - to the point of adopting her. He was just so connected to her. That, and when Greg is processing the car, he whacks his head. I'm pretty sure it's that episode that he does that.

4. jay

jay Witness

I was wondering where that Double Dealer quote came from. I'll have to pick up that book one of these days.

I have read the posts on the old WMTDB forum and older versions of The Fort about Nicky-poo, but I had long snce forgotten them. Thanks!.

I actually was on this board earlier, but school interrupeted and, I, um... forgot my password. So I return with a queer vengence!

As for Nick's reactions. To be honest, i'm sure I radiate feminine energy and I am an ass man myself... oh wait... :D Although, to b fair, my first reaction to seeing a bra in the middle of a scene is confusion. And depending who I was with I'd probably see if it would fit me.

Oh and Clarissani, you should read MsMaggs's fics: Where You are and The Day Before You. Nick plays a huge part in Cassie's life, going to her school, being a surrogate dad and even becoming related to her through a somewhat knotted family tree.

It's much cuter in person.

5. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

Thanks Love_Fan!

OTL- I knew you would love the reminder about my next fic... though it won't be easy to write. We'll see how it goes. I'm thinking of putting some Queen in it. You know, the band, not myself... though I certainly wouldn't mind, lol...

Seabird- you wouldn't happen to remember what page that quote was on from "Double Dealer", would you? Of course my book's in another state right now, but I'll see it again over xmas, so I can give that section a reread.

Jay- Welcome, if I didn't say so earlier! And yes, Maggs work is most wonderful, and that knotted family tree is just ...well, there's no way to describe it, but I love it so much! Jan is just annoyingly wonderful! lol.

And, one more thing before I go... don't forget to post something to the Defining Moments wiki! We're still really low on work, which won't look good to TPTB when we send it. We especially need art and videos. Poetry is low too. And though we have more fanfic than anything else, you know we can always use more! So if you know people who would like to submit anything, or you've got some work yourself, let them and Candy and I know! Thanks!

6. twins1729

twins1729 Pathologist

Hey there Zodiac!

Gosh, we have 50 more posts until Fort #18! I'm so excited.

Thanks so much for doing season 6 Anita, I was going to, but I had already done season 3. It's not that I didn't want to, it's just that I was hoping for more of a variety.

Don't worry about helping on the Wiki Jay. It's been the same for months with minor additions. I can't really think of anything else to add. lol

Is everyone still happy that Sara's gone. I am. *throws hat in air*

Oh, and don't forget to watch "A La Cart" on Thursdy (Along with Nuke fellow ATWT followers).

I think that's it!

Oh, and I'm gonna try really, really hard to get some writing done tomorrow. Why can't I ever get a few hours to myself. Why?

One last thing, as always, I love your guys' views on the slashyness. I should re-watch some episodes to see if I can come up with something!

7. Maggs

Maggs Hit and Run

Hey guys!! I just caught up on posts after the holiday. Really fun N/G speculation and I that 'Giddy up' photo is great! LOL I've never seen that photo before.

I was watching Big Middle on Spike and the scene at the end up Greg flipping through the big girl magazine is so telling. Greg labeling himself as 'open-minded' while being very curious about everyone's sexual predilictions. Hmm.

Chapter 23 of The Day Before You is up too.

8. CSIElizabeth

CSIElizabeth Witness

I was surprised to see King Baby on (and right after the scene had been mentioned) and that I could see the scene between Grissom and Greg. It was funny. I loved the 'WTF?!' look Nick gets when the lady at the baby store refers to Grissom as his 'daddy', if I remember the exchange correctly. I would love to know what Greg thought of that if Nick told him about it.

Getting back to Nick/Greg of course, I caught Fannysmackin' a few minutes ago and I don't remember if this has been thought of in fan fiction or anywhere else, but what Nick does during the arrest scene reminded me of something. Families of victims sometimes may want to see the face of the person who attacked their loved one. I don't know what feeling they get from the experience, but it lets them know the person responsible for their loved one's experience is caught and put away.

When Nick rushes in to see 'Pig', I think part of him wanted to see the animal who was stupid enough to attack the man he loved. Whether or not he heard the guy's voice and recognized him from the alley scene, I'm not too sure, but he might have. But inside, he also wanted to see the person responsible for the attack on Greg. He didn't have the look of 'He sounds familiar' on his face. He looked like he wanted to see the bastard who hurt Greg. He didn't go to see the others. He went to the main instigator.

It reminded me of scenes I've viewed where families want to see the face of the person so they can...I don't know...receive closure? I don't want to say for sure since I've never experienced this, but seeing Nick like that brought that to me.

I loved last week's episode. I swear the autopsy room made Greg look like a God and the looks he gave...whew! I loved how Wendy interpreted Nick as being very emotional. Twas cute. I think Greg was just having a bad day. I know I've had bad days at work where all I want to do is tell someone off. Actually, I did snap at a co-worker a week or two ago. We talked it out and we're fine now! Then the next day it's over and done with. So unless it's brought up again, Greg probably had a bad day. Hopefully when Nick got home, he made it better...and didn't talk about Grissom, and Sara leaving.

OTL that is an interesting interpretation of the Overload scene. I took it to mean that Greg knew when Nick was really involved with a case and because they were probably friends for a long while by the time the episode aired (and possibly more, who knows), Greg knew exactly what Nick needed and what cases pushed his buttons. So yes, he was trying to impress Nick, but he cares for Nick deeply and knowing how involved Nick was, he really wanted to be able to give Nick something...anything to move forward in the case. As for Nick telling Greg...I don't know. I think he would have told Greg later on when he felt he could really trust Greg. I'm sure he did before, but with that kind of information, you never know what someone's reaction would be. Again, not from personal experience, but from what I've heard, seen, and read, trust issues build for kids who are abused and it can manifest into adulthood. Nick probably wasn't sure how Greg would react to the fact he was molested as a kid. I think Nick needed to build a solid base with Greg before telling him. So here's a question. If you were to think of Nick and Greg's relationship throughout the seasons, 8 included, when would you think Nick would have told Greg about the abuse? I think maybe between seasons 3 and 4 after Play with Fire. If Greg needed support, Nick would be the perfect one because he's been through something traumatic, albeit probably more traumatic, and knows how Greg is probably feeling. Alone, hurt, scared, and scarred.

Wow this turned out longer than I planned. I'll stop typing for now lol.

9. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I agree with you CSIElizabeth that he would have told Greg after Play With Fire. S2 was mainly heavy flirting to a point (Felonious Monk) where I thought they're already together. But I think it would've taken Nicky till Play With Fire to be completely open about his abuse.

Doing the episode guide gives me just another reason more to watch S6 again so I'm pretty happy about it. Just one quick question: A scene consists of several cuts like e.g. they are at a scene for like 3 min but there are several cuts like 10 or so? Is that question understandable?

I noticed that Greg wore a leather jacket at the beginning of Who Shot Sherlock and I know there are some people here that believe that it was Nicky's leather jacket he wore in King Baby, so I thought maybe he was wearing his jacket in WSS too?

[​IMG]

There are some good fanfics about that episode too.

10. twins1729

twins1729 Pathologist

love_fan, sometimes those scenes are tricky. Like when Hodges, Nick, and Warrick are all working on something pertaining to a case and it keeps jumping back and forth to them. I say the Nick scene should only count as one. Like, I said, use your best judgment and if people question us, they can just try and do better.

I couldn't tell you how many times we've caught Nick and Greg wearing similar or the same clothing. We've even caught George wearing a Greg shirt! It's all so obvious, we're just following the evidence!

11. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Hello ladies and Gentlemen of the love!!!!

Welcome back to the writters - hope to read your enteries..

Its suprising that now we all are forming long posts that are relevant regarding the characters of Nicholas Stokes and Gregory Sanders, that its suprising that on other sections of this site that the content is a lot smaller.

I am glad that we are debating the interactions between Nick and Greg, and I for one are a happy lovette that their love is being finally noticed other by us the love hard fans...

Is there any new episodes this week???

I am going to write Eric a christmas card, soo hopefully he will get it but hey if he gets it in Easter then its going to be early... I have an international reply coupon this time and i will add a self addressed envelope....

Wish me luck!

Has anyone else receieved anything from George or Eric?

12. jay

jay Witness

I thought of something. I know this has been discussed earleir here, but I don't think I put in my version.

Here's how I see at least Greg being outed on the show. Actually, It's my own personaly opinion that he's already out at the lab, the only ones who don't know are the fans. That being said, I think all they'd have to do is something incidental, and then move right on. Here's my idea.

Greg and Catherine are investigating a scene (without Nick, just makes all this easier). They see a dead couple, an attractive male and an attractive female. As Catherine investigates artound the female Greg goes:

"She's hot." Greg then scans over to look at the guy. "He is too."
    Catherine replies, "Reall? You think so? I didn't know the stuffed shirt preppy was your type, Greg."
    Greg responds with a smirk, "What can I say, I'm versatile."
    Then they cut to the next scene.

Something quick, because it seems in most episodes of CSI what ever little revelations we get about the characters are done quick and then it's back to science-y stuff.

Just my 2 knuts.

13. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

That would be cool. I also think it just be mentioned on the side, so the people who pay attention get it and the rest can live on in their dreamland.

I also think that people know about Greg, not so much about Nicky. And a random comment by Greg would be perfect.

Watched Bite Me andI think one of the paramedics at the beginning checked out Greg, could be mistaken but ... And Nicky looked at Greg before he went to the house. And then we have that scene with Buffy, the dentist, and Nick asks her for her teeth impressions and she goes like "of course I don't mind" and Nicky has a very unhappy smile on his face.

Oh, almost forgot, Nicky and Archie watch that video with Buffy and this guy and Archie says "She's hot" and Nicky says nothing (of course). He just agrees with Archie that the biting isn't his thing, can't remember, my brain's getting slower and slower these days. Just proves out theory that Nick's not really that interested in women. ;)

14. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

Jay- I totally like your idea and it makes perfect sense. I can see that happening on the show, just a little outing, but nothing to take up words and time. And, I think I'd like it that way better than something huge, it just seems more appropriate, and almost more respectful I think. And it keeps curiosity up among fans at the same time. You know? Not that we'd stop watching if they made a big deal about it, but still, this way the show stays the way it should all about the science and we're happy too. Make sense?

15. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

This is being posted in all shipper threads and it may or may not apply to your thread:

Ok guys, here are some quotes from the Shipper Central rules which are located here . Everyone needs to read them and become familiar with them.

Please pay special attention to these:

Shipper Central is designed to be a FUN place for people to discuss their favorite FICTIONAL pairings. Shipping is NOT life or death - it's fun AND it's fiction. So, let's please not take things so seriously. If someone doesn't like your chosen pairing, SO WHAT? You do and that's all that should matter.

We expect EVERYONE to have RESPECT for the other posters in this forum and their ships. Treat other ships the way you want everyone to treat your ships.

To quote TBonz - "Insulting couples (characters) and/or real life actors. DON'T. If you don't like a ship and feel compelled to say why, do it dispassionately and with respect for those who might."

If you know that you'll be uncomfortable or annoyed about characters in your favorite ship being
    shipped with other characters you might not like, DON'T GO AND READ THEIR SHIP THREADS. You only have yourself to blame if you end up upset. There's a very good reason why each ship has their own thread.

AND EVERYONE NEEDS TO PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THIS RULE AND CUT BACK ON DISCUSSING OTHER SHIPS:

Discussion in each thread should be limited to the ship it pertains to. Brief, on topic mention of other ships is allowed (for example, if you are discussing a double date between two pairings),
    Otherwise, discussion of other ships is OFF TOPIC and should be avoided.

This means that there is too much discussion of other ships in this thread. It's time to knock it off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.