Suburgatory

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by GregNickRyanFan, Oct 13, 2011.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

This show is hilarious! It's on its third episode and I'm really enjoying it. When I first saw previews for it, I thought it was one of those hour long soapy drama things... but gave it a watch anyway because I adore Jeremy Sisto. I was pleasantly surprised to find that its a charming, thirty minute comedy. This show is filled with so many quirky characters. I love it!

2. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

It's one of my favorites. It is so funny. I love the Dallas chick. She is so funny.

3. GregNickRyanFan

Dallas is great. The head of the PTA (Sally or something like that?) kind of annoys me a little though.

4. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I totally agree with you on that one.

5. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

A bit more content would be great guys, remember this is a discussion thread. :)

Not seen this show yet, wonder if it'll air in the uk cause it seems pretty good from what you said GNRFan.

6. GregNickRyanFan

The thing with the pole in the PTA meeting... I was kind of hoping to get to see George try that just for the laughs LOL.

Lisa sucking her thumb - I actually knew a girl when I was in junior high who still sucked her thumb. I'm glad the newspaper guy came around in the end and decided not to print the story about Lisa though.

Dallas' daughter (can't remember her name) is almost void of personality LOL.

7. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I started watching this too, (last week) and I'm all caught up. And it's pretty hilarious. I love seeing Alan Tudyk too- he's so awesome just in general. :lol:

I'm really pleased with how Jeremy Sisto is pulling off sitcom timing though- nails it every time. He's amazing. Loved the mom jeans! :D

8. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

George in the mom jeans was awesome. He worked it. I loved how he was turning into a total chick. Glad he came back to reality. I do wish he had gotten on that stripper pole and showed his stuff. The would have been so funny.

9. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

10. GregNickRyanFan

Glad it got a full season. I really love this show. This week's ep was funny. Sheila freaking out about her missing dolls LOL. And I knew from the beginning that it was her daughter Lisa who had done something with the dolls LOL. Dalia (sp?) needs to visit the Wizard of Oz for a personality. :lol:

11. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

The woman with the dolls almost killed me. Talk about talent. I have no idea how she played those scenes and not laughed. She was so into those dolls. I love this show. After a few years of no sitcoms that I did not get into I have loved his one and "Up All Night". It is good to have some laughs.

12. GregNickRyanFan

:wtf: Guns on the wall of the nursery and a crib made of sharp looking bones? Are they nuts?

That is the weirdest baby shower ever.

I knew Eden would go nuts when she saw the nursery.

I thought when the previews showed Tessa hearing someone saying her name that it would be her mom, but it was her grandma instead. I kind of forgot about her lol.

13. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

GEORGE WANTS TO TAKE HIS RELATIONSHIP TO THE NEXT LEVEL AND TESSA HELPS RYAN PICK A COLLEGE, ON ABC'S "SUBURGATORY"

"Go, Gamblers!" - When it comes time for Ryan to choose a college, Tessa endeavors to remain neutral even though Ryan begs her to decide for him. Tessa ultimately rigs his decision-making process, and Dalia uses this to her advantage. Meanwhile, George asks Dallas to move in with him in the most unromantic way, and as a newly licensed realtor, Sheila sells George's house before it hits the market, on "Suburgatory," WEDNESDAY, APRIL 10 (8:30-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Suburgatory" stars Jeremy Sisto as George Altman, Jane Levy as Tessa Altman, Carly Chaikin as Dalia Royce, Rex Lee as Mr. Wolfe, Allie Grant as Lisa Shay, Alan Tudyk as Noah Werner, Chris Parnell as Fred Shay, Ana Gasteyer as Sheila Shay and Cheryl Hines as Dallas Royce.

Guest cast TBA.

"Go, Gamblers!" was written by Andrew Guest and directed by Linda Mendoza.

14. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Suburgatory
    "ABOUT A BOY-YOI-YOING"
    03/05/14, 8:30pm ET/7:30pm CT on ABC

George and Fred take a trip to Manhattan after Tessa scolds her dad for his love of a juice bar in Chatswin. Meanwhile, Tessa gets talked into attending Evan's birthday party, where she announces what she really thinks of him.

15. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Suburgatory
    "CATCH AND RELEASE"
    03/26/14, 8:30pm ET/7:30pm CT on ABC

Lisa decides to propose to Malik, but the news sends Tessa to her dad for advice when she isn't sure how to respond, especially when the proposal doesn't go as planned. Meanwhile, George worries about his girlfriend's rudeness to her employees.