Should Flack Be Disciplined; Will He

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by ACW1129, May 15, 2009.

?

Should He; Will He

1. Should, Will

6 vote(s)
    8.6%
  2. Should, Won't

33 vote(s)
    47.1%
  3. Shouldn't, Will

5 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. Shouldn't, Won't

26 vote(s)
    37.1%
  1. ACW1129

ACW1129 Police Officer

I think he should, but probably won't:scream:

2. MizzyA

MizzyA Victim

He might not have killed the guy for all we know. He could have just shot next to his head or something like Nick did on Vegas with Warrick's killer. But then again he might have. We don't know, we'll just have to wait til next season

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  3. nver

nver Victim

I hadn't thought of that. I just saw the look on his face and when he told Danny he was fine, I thought it was because he'd finished him off. But it looked like Danny went down the stairs to the body . . . so if something were going to happen to Flack, it would have happened before their toast to Angell at the bar, right?

4. ACW1129

ACW1129 Police Officer

I hope you're right. Cop-killer or not, the guy posed no threat (shouldn't Mac've taken Danny off the case or something?).

5. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

I agree with the thought that we don't know for sure what happened. We assume Flack killed him. We assume. However, this season has been one full of shocks and OH NO! moments. Not just on NY, but on a lot of shows. At this point, I feel safest taking a neutral stand on anything. That being said...whether he killed the guy or not, he had protocol to follow. I get the feeling he didn't follow it. Breaking protocol is grounds for reprimand - whether it's a suspension or a desk assignment, or permanent dismissal from the job. I think he should be disciplined for what he did (whatever that is), but I don't think he will be. I'm sure there's a loophole somewhere.

6. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Based on the fact that they didn't show him miss and they wouldn't show him shooting a guy in the head or heart from close range on screen, I'm going under the asssumption that he executed the guy. Maybe next season I'll be proved wrong, but for now that's what I think happened.

I said he should be punished, but won't. Gerrard did the same thing with his daughter's rapist and he paid for it - a new deputy inspector showing up this season was our "proof" of that - and according to the law Flack should too.

On a personal level I hope he doesn't get punished. I think it would be way more interesting to see him struggle with the knowledge that he took a life out of revenge than it would to see an investigation and trial or whatever. I think once his grief isn't so raw he will regret what he did and struggle with it emotionally. At least I hope that's what happens.

7. M-n-Mfan7

M-n-Mfan7 Victim

ACW1129 why should Danny have been taken off the case.... Don should have been taken off the case... Danny was a good boy and did things right for a change whys everybody always picking on my bad boy???? LOL

8. M-n-Mfan7

M-n-Mfan7 Victim

You do things in times of despair that you wouldnt normally do... Don has always been "by the book" while at work, but when someoen you love is killed in cold blood all you can think of is revenge no common sense comes thru.....I agree that once he has had time to process waht he did he is going to be haivng serious regrets....I think that is the "Life hanging in the balance" that TPTB mention.....its Don Flack's life as an officer.. we didnt see anyone get shot in the final scene.

9. ACW1129

ACW1129 Police Officer

That's what I meant :brickwall:

10. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Then Flack would not have walked away and seen Danny until backup arrived, cuffed the perp, and taken him away. Even if Flack did not kill him, he discharged his gun without cause. He could say that the suspect was reaching for the gun, and it will be one word against the other. Evidence might prove otherwise.

11. weepingangel

weepingangel Victim

He killed an apparently helpless man. Should he be disciplined? Certainly. Will he be? Doubtful. Howevermuch I disagree with actions, though, I can definitely see why he did what he did. I think that his conscience should be punishing him in the future, though.

12. MizzyA

MizzyA Victim

I'm kind of in the middle of did he do it or did he not. I'd like to believe that he didn't but....Anywho, the dude was shot a couple more times before Flack discharged his weapon, maybe he died from one of those wounds, that's why Flack walked away. But we'll just have to see in the next season, let's just hope PTB even remember it. Like they do with other storylines. :rolleyes:

13. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

I have been think about this and for all we know the guy was helpless, evidence-wise I suppose that depends where the gun was when Don left/Danny arrived, and I am pretty sure Danny would have Dons back in this. I am sure when a cop killer gets killed the police don't do a overly detailed investigtion - Flack said the guy was pointing a gun at him, Danny confirms everything pointed to that when he got to the scene, case closed.

I think it would be very interesting to see if Flack has any personal issues with what he did but lets face it the show is not know for its continuity so I doubt it will ever be mentioned again.

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't think he should and I don't think he will. That guy was definitely eyeing his gun (which was pretty close to him). Whether or not Flack shot him for that reason (to keep him from picking up the gun and shooting him) remains to be seen. However, the guy was nearly dead anyway. It could have been a mercy killing (though the guy didn't deserve it, he deserves to suffer after killing Angell). And it's still possible that he didn't shoot him at all.

Why would Flack get in trouble just for shooting the gun if he didn't shoot the guy? Nick didn't get in trouble for discharging his gun at McKeen. So, why should Flack if he didn't actually kill the guy?

And I do agree that Flack could always say "he was reaching for his gun and I made a decision". With the gun lying right beside the crook, no one could dispute that claim. And why would they? The guy killed a cop.

Besides, if Horatio and Eric didn't get in trouble for the actions they took against Marisol's killers, why should Flack get in trouble for shooting Angell's killers? It's no different than what H/Eric (mostly H) did... only H/Eric were in Brazil rather than US.

15. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Miami is known for being completely ridiculous with their plots. If H and Eric did something it's pretty much a guarantee there should've been hell to pay even though there wasn't.