Sara Sidle and Conrad Ecklie

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by squirt, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I think maybe this could work but he would have to change some things about himself, but with her he may be very nice.

2. Sidle_my_Idol

Sidle_my_Idol CSI Level Two

OH Christ !!!!...
    ok an honest question..WOULD YOU DO IT ?

You are bashing Sara's character, which will not be tolerated. jeeezz..how can you even think of stuffs like that for any character in CSI?
    HAVE SOME RESPECT !!!!

If you hate Sara...fine...but you can't say such bad and out of character things about her and get away with it.

Apology to forensicsgirl...for bringing this up.
    But I just need to know what are these guys upto.
    jeeeez

3. coolcatz

coolcatz Head of the Swing Shift

maybe she just sees sara and her motivations differently than you.

4. KiraGrissom

KiraGrissom Judge

Different people see things in different ways you guys do the same thing.

5. Sidle_my_Idol

Ok great different people have different opinions, so Tazzar thinks Sara can go totally out of character like that huh. So, I can say anything I want about the character I dislike as my opinion?
    Cause seriously, by saying this
    she attempted to falsify the very essence of Sara's character.

You know what, next time any writer of CSI volunteers to answer some questions here, include that 'leap-frogging' question/opinion of yours about Sara...and see what kinda of therapy you'll be recommended.
    cause honestly, it was nothing but an insult.

Sure do. I can have completely different opinions than you guys about the same thing, but I don't go as far as bashing a character claiming it as my opinion.

Now, I don't support this ship, and you can ask me to stay out of it, but I see you guys attacking Sara's character and by no means you can stop me from defending.

Pls, out of respect to every body who loves Sara, stop doing this.
    You like Ecklie and Sara together...fine, but don't degrade Sara's character to level with Ecklie.

6. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

Okay Sidle leave it alone, okay? I understand that you're annoyed, and I have to say I agree with you regarding the post in question being an inaccurate depiction of Sara's character - however nothing is to be gained by entering into an argument on the matter, and that's what will inevitably will happen should this particular discussion continue.

I have already made myself clear in this thread that using a ship merely to bash a character will not be accepted, and I can only hope that posters will respect this. I fully expect posters in the Shippers forum to give sufficent respect to the characters of the show, whether they like that particular character or not. Just as fans of Sofia, for example, do not appreciate that character being disparaged by other posters, fans of Sara take issue with her character being treated disrespectfully.

I am here to tell you all now that I do not care what has gone on in the past between the various ships in terms of animosity. I am, right here and now, drawing a line and now fully expect us to move on - preferably in harmony.

7. Sidle_my_Idol

I'm sorry.
    I know I'm not being helpful by reacting to that disrespectful post, but I just couldn't ignore.

Anyway, It won't happen again.

8. KiraGrissom

KiraGrissom Judge

You really don't know what Ecklie may be like he could be an ass just because hes jelous of Grissom and maybe he likes Sara, maybe he goes about it the wrong way.
    And I'm not bashing Sara but look what she did when she found out Nick got the promotion, the police had to call Grissom to come and get her.
    Maybe if she smiled at him she'd find that Ecklie isnt so bad at least in GD he showed he had a human side.

9. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

Her drinking was a sign of being upset, of depression perhaps, but i cannot see how it could be interpreted as the act of a power-hungry or overtly-ambitious woman. It was self-destructive act rather than self-promoting one.

As for Ecklie, while I still see some merit in a scenario where he finds Sara intriguing/attractive, I see no evidence for Sara feeling the same way. Any interaction with him has only shown her loathing for him.

Has anyone spotted any evidence in the show where Ecklie has shown an interest in Sara?

10. KiraGrissom

KiraGrissom Judge

Just watching her and I don't think its just to see her get into trouble. There was once He had a strange look on his face when he was watching her I've been trying to find it but I cant remember where it was. So it could be one sided.

11. Sidle_my_Idol

Now, this might be just my opinion, but I think Ecklie likes Sara lesser than the others because she, like Grissom, doesn't kiss ass, and I'm guessing that he knows Sara is Grissom's soft spot and he is hurting Grissom by trying to hurt(like trying to fire) Sara.
    I actually don't think Sara hates anyone more than Ecklie, and same goes to Ecklie. Well I think he doesn't really like any of Grissom's supporter, but Sara is on the top of his list..next to Grissom, ofcourse.
    Now if it turns out that Ecklie has feelings for Sara..then it will be biggest twist in the history of television :lol:..but well it not impossible.....but I think it is impossible for Sara to have feelings for Ecklie... it is as impossible as for Catherine to become nun...:lol:...

12. KiraGrissom

KiraGrissom Judge

I don't know all I remember is that look and it wasnt hate not sure what anymore. I think Sofia is on the top of the list with Grissom now.

13. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

I fail to see where pointing out a character’s ambition of a promotion is bashing or posing a hypothetical scenario, but whatever.

There seems to be a double standard here – no bashing BUT we can have a 'Why do You Hate Hank' thread and that’s fine to go visit and give your opinion again whatever.

I’m moving my part of this discussion up in the general folder for those who would like to talk about Ecklie. He is too fun of a character not to dissect his motives and explore what kind of trouble he can cause in the lab. Office polities and how Ecklie could throw his power around is far to interesting not to discuss with or without Sara involved.

14. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

I agree with you that the character of Ecklie is an interesting one to discuss, and the best forum for that discussion is the general CSI Vegas thread.

As for the pointing out of ambition - that's fine. The implication that the character will sleep her way to the top with another character she despises, when such action is completely out of character for her, is boarderline bashing.

Threads such as 'Why do you hate Hank' are a different kettle of fish altogher - certain characters are designed by TPTB to be disliked - Ecklie and Hank are good examples of such. But to take a main character that is beloved by so many fans and make derogative comments about them is another matter entirely.

Tazzer, you yourself objected quite vehemently about anyone making derogative comments about Sofia. I am simply asking for the same level of respect to be extended to Sara.

15. KiraGrissom

KiraGrissom Judge

I think Tazzer objected to Sofia being called names.