Ryan/Jon # 18: Why can't we cap our dreams?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by starzsgirl, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miamifan08

miamifan08 Police Officer

So very true...:drool:

2. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

My 1st reaction to that scene was Hell no - they did not just make Ryan bad. Then I thought to myself - how often do they mess with our minds with editing. That text message could have come from literally ANYONE for ANY reason. It could be that Calleigh paged him to let him know the interview was over. Is that a work cell phone? You would think he would be smart enough to not use his work phone for "bad" stuff. I am still not convinced that shooting was not staged..... It is likely that if it was staged - Ryan was involved in the staging.

Yes - he did look very hott and sexy last night. Thanks for the cap Sue!

3. miamifan08

That's exactly my thinking CSI_Kat!

I seriously doubt Ryan would do anything to take out Horatio, and if that is a work phone, he wouldn't be stupid enough to do anything criminal, it could imediately be traced back to him.

I think he's tormented, I just started watching the last scene four times to make sense of that look and that's what I'm coming to. I go back to "Sunblock" and with Ryan saying "You went to bat for me, I will not forget that." I think Horatio cashed in on that favor.

Ryan can't go bad! I love him good! He's so much more sexier that way. :drool:

4. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Now thinking back I think that was a very big clue. Ryan's in on it with H. And he's the only one who knows the shooting is staged. H wants him to be the one to discover his "dead body". The text message was from H telling him things are in motion. H did send a text message right before the shooting.

The play of words "It's done" was tptb's way of getting us to think Ryan was the bad guy.

The look on Ryan's face, remember when he was asked to help H sniff out the mole in s4 by giving out false information? We knew he hated lying to his co-workers then, being in on this staging H's death thing requires him to do the same and he doesn't like it but he'll do it for H.

I always thought H had a soft spot for Ryan, and he's something like H's protege. THat's why H was always looking out for him. And this is Ryan's way of repaying H for all the kindness he done for him while he was out of a job. And for helping him get his job back.

Edit: I wanted to say Ryan looked so hot in the epy. ANyone know if Jon renewed his contract for next season?

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  5. miamifan08

I'm wondering that myself...As far as I know Jon's coming back. I haven't heard anything to the contrary. CSI Files would have been all over that either way.

6. i_heart_togo

i_heart_togo Dead on Arrival

cat csi this is what i thought to My 1st reaction to that scene was Hell no - they did not just make Ryan bad. I loved Jon/Ryan in purple he looked so damn hot :drool::drool::drool::drool: last nite and loved his hair. What was up with Ryan being all Mystery like with Calleigh? If they do make Ryan out to be the bad guy I will be so ticked off and Ryan doesn't need any more trouble he got his job back and he should be happy but I think that he still upset about being kicked off the team.

7. Zelda49

Zelda49 Rookie

All I could think of when I read that was "uh-oh, we might have an Aniken Skywalker situation here". I'm a dork, I know :guffaw:

Exactly. That is the exact same thought I had last night watching the ep (aside from "wow! I think purple is my new favorite color!"). I decided not to get all worked up about it because I'm pretty convinced that it's a weird editting job specifically done produce an omg reaction.

Now, did I omg? Absolutely. I had to go dig out my season 3 DVDs and watch Legal to calm myself down enough to sleep. :lol: But I'm better now.

8. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Don't worry I'm a big Star Wars fan myself so the phrase just popped up in my head. :lol:

Thanks now I'm having trouble calming myself to sleep.... to much info to digest and think about after the finale. I hate cliffhangers.... especially when it concerns H and Ryan my 2 fave guys on Miami.

9. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

I was totally freaking out last night, but now I've come to my senses. Hell no is Ryan going bad! TPTB love to mess w/ our heads and make things look like someting they aren't. I'm sure if H's death was staged, that's what it was for, he's in on it somehow, I mean on H's side. My only worry is that maybe he's gambling again. If TPTB go down that road again I will be pissed!!:eek:

But I really don't think Ryan is bad ad I'm sticking with that thought until Sept. and I see for my own eyes. Either way I'll still love Ryan. I'd visit him in jail!! OH and someone said if he was up to know good he would know better than to use his own cell phone, for sure! But they have made him do really stupid things in the past...NO..he's smarter than that!! Right?????:alienblush:

10. miamifan08

I did the exact same thing Zelda, it was just season four and 'Nailed'. :)

11. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

You won't be the only one really pissed.

Right, right but tptb aren't! I'll visit him in jail too! And might I say Twiztid4Togo I just love your banner, had me rofl :guffaw:

12. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

This is insanity! If Ryan actually did what they are trying to get us to believe he did, I will be so angry. Give him a break already! He was starting to get everyones respect back then TPTB decided to pull this stunt. My dad loves to tease me and acts like he hates Ryan. When Ryan was at the crime scene in the building from where the guy jumped out of the window, he was standing by the window and my dad was like "jump! jump!" :mad: And I told him that he has got to stop hating Ryan because Ryan is a good guy now. Well didnt he get a kick out of that ending. :rolleyes: It better be some mean editing trick!

Oh and yes, Ryan looked awesome ;)

13. hahaguy

hahaguy Rookie

RYAN IS IN ON H'S PLAN. lol

14. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Yea, I wouldn't worry too much, guys. Like I said in an earlier post, I don't think there's any reason for Ryan to "turn" on H, who helped him get his job back. If anything, he OWES H. I'm kind of excited that Ryan will have a real storyline and maybe even come out looking like ... dare I say it? ... a hero! :eek:

That look at the end definitely reminded me of Season 4 w/the whole mole thing - which I think was the beginning of the end of of "sweet innocent" Ryan. The mole thing took a toll on him, and this will, too, but I think b/c he's doing it for H, and everything will likely work out in the end, he'll be a hero instead of the screw-up TPTB have been painting him to be over the last two years.

I really do love Togo and think he's very talented, and was underused this year. I hope they let him come back strong in Season 7 b/c I've been a fan of this guy since "Under the Influence." Let's bring back sweet, heroic Ryan :)

As an aside, I was just curious — where did the idea for this thread name come from? ("Why can't we cap our dreams?) Was it from an interview of Jon's or something? Just wondering ;)

15. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

Thanks Hrockz. I made some caps this morning and got the idea for it. :thumbsup:

The title came from ....I think because some of us have great dreams and if we could cap them, they would make awesome icons/banners!! :drool:

Ok, so I've been thinking about this and I have a Q's for everyone to think about and answer, please. *Offers smoothies to anyone that answers*:beer:

As I was watching the finale of CSI LV, it seemed as though Warrick had killed that man. I knew he was leaving the show and I was thinking what a great idea of taking a character off a show, have them go out as a good csi gone bad. I liked the idea, a lot. I don't think it's ever been done, at least any show I watch. I was liking the idea, but as we know it didn't happen that way. As I'm watching CSIM finale and the "TEXT MOMENT" happened I said out loud. :eek: "Holy shit, I didn't mean that would be cool for it to happen to my fav character."
    Say Ryan/Togo was leaving the show, how would you want him To Go (love his name) OUT? Would you be so terribly upset if Ryan left the show as a bad guy? Or would you rather seem him shot down in the line of duty and leave as a hero?
    If he left as a bad guy that does leave the door open for him to come back to try to help out with a case, redeem himself somewhat, or even do something else bad. If he dies all he can do is come back as a ghost or illusion as it's been tried. Now some of you went through the loss of a fav character shot down dead in the line and know what it's like. I haven't. The only character that I have liked that died on a show was the dude from NYPD Blue (Jimmy Smits) but he died of a bad heart. I did like the idea of Warrick being a bad cop and going out that way, so could I really be totally pissed if Ryan went out bad? Um Yeah!!!

As for the "Text Moment" I believe Ryan is helping H out and he's not going to be the one take H down, though the thought of that might be kewl!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.