Ryan/Jon #17: Ryan, where have you gone?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by CSI_Kat, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AliGtr

AliGtr CSI Level One

It's lovely! Really good! *applauds* And this is your first animation? Well done!

I warn you - making Ryan icons is addictive. :p

2. Distraction

Distraction Prime Suspect

Haha, Twiztid, that was really neat! I'm probably a bit late, but Happy birthday to you, Kat! <3

WolfeWhistle, I really like the avatar. :) great job with the selective colouring!

3. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

awwww thanks guys! So sweet of you all!! Thanks Twiz - those pics are all great!!
    WolfeWhistle - great job!

4. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

Happy Birthday Kat! I'll try to get some goodies up later ;)

How about another question to get us going again: Do you think Jon is best during the "banter-y" scenes or during his serious interrogration(again, I know I spelled that wrong)/investigation scenes?

5. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Sue those pics are awesome! Happy b-day again Kat! :D ;) Presents still on the way!

6. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

I think Jon is better at the banter-y scenes. I think the interrogation scenes are a little too intense, and his voice is the same in practically every scene, and it's very monotone. In the banter-y scenes he seems to play with it a lot more, and he has more fun with it, so it comes out better that way.

7. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Banter is always easier to play around with, so I agree that Jon is better at that.

The interrogations seems always seem the same, he does the same actions, facial expressions, and tone of voice.

8. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

I agree with you guys. His voice in interrogations is nice, dont get me wrong. But its almost funny how it changes depending on where he is and what he is doing. I enjoy his normal "banter-y" voice...too bad he cant talk like he did in SU2, that would be hilarious!

But in interrogations, he does sometime show emotions and thats nice too. Still, I dont really care where he is at, as long as he is getting sufficient screen time!

9. Distraction

Haha, I mostly agree with ILuvJonathanTogo on this one. As long as he gets screentime it's all good. (; Yeah, I prefer the banter to the interrogations, and that could be because I love his laugh and smile.

10. AliGtr

AliGtr CSI Level One

I love the banter. He can be so witty like that, but when he's interrogating he gets a little cocky for my taste. But I suppose he has to act tough to give himself an advantage over the person he's interrogating.

Kat! Happy Birthday! I made you a present! I'll leave it in a comment on your lj. *is mysterious* :D

11. WolfeWhistle

WolfeWhistle Rookie

Thanks for the compliments on the avatar! I'm glad to know that other people think it looks good.

Oh, I've already got ideas!
    It's not a bad addiction to have, though, if you ask me.
    :lol:

Well, that's definitely true. The first few episodes of S6 were hard to get through with the lack of Ryan screentime...

I agree with everyone else, though. The more intense scenes are good, but I like to see him more in the banter-y scenes (especially the ones with people like Tripp), too. The show is intense enough on its own simply for the subject matter, so it's fun to watch the more lighthearted scenes that balance it out.

12. inge

inge CSI Level Two

Happy Birthday Kat! :D

I also like the banter-y scenes more.
    I agree that the interrogation scenes are always the same, but I also think that it's difficult for an actor to play it different.

13. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

I kind of really injoy Ryan's interrogations. He can interrogate me any day!!!
    I like cocky Ryan when it's against a criminal. LIke OMG last week he was showing so much emotion about that woman being pregnant. When he told that man she was pregnant his voice gave me chills... I like new young Ryan doing interrogations too. "He's got an alibi." He was being all serious but still cracked me up.

14. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Thanks so much again for all the bday wishes, pics, gifts, etc. Ali made me a new avvie! I love it so much! Even though my bday is past - I still need to use it!!! Thanks Ali!

15. Distraction

That's a great avatar! Very nice moments of Hardy Boys. I especially like the one where Eric seems to be leaning forward to whisper something in Ryan's ear, or possibly steal a kiss. ;D

It just struck me how close your birthday is to christmas. But yeah, I'm slow like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.