Nick Fic Song Challenge Thread #2- Ch #20- "Save Me From Myself"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Smokey, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Jacqui

Jacqui Police Officer

Re: Nick Fic Song Challenge Thread #2

I'm writing mine!

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I wrote mine on Sunday. Now I just have to get it typed and sent... but that probably won't be until after Christmas. :)

3. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Excellent! :) I haven't started mine, but I'm determined to come up with something! :lol:

4. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

This is just so unfair :scream: I sat down to write my story today and just as I thought I would get to finish it... BOOM... I got a new idea :lol:

Now I'll try to get this one done to send it in, since it is much more interesting :D

Why couldn't I get this idea sooner??? Now I have to hurry, so I get it done in time :shifty:

5. Smokey

Hey folks! Remember, tomorrow is the deadline! :) If you've got a story or are thinking about doing one, now's the time!

ETA: Oops! Deadline is Saturday, not Friday. I have no idea what day it is anymore with all these holidays! LOL!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  6. GregNickRyanFan

:lol: My dad had the same problem. He called me yesterday and the first thing he asked was, "today is Saturday, right?" :lol:

I'm gonna try to type my story today and get it sent to you. :) I have a few things I need to do around the house and I have to go pick up my new glasses today, but hopefully I'll be able to get it to you sometime today. :)

7. Smokey

Excellent! Thanks! :)

Yeah, today at work I put all these dates on my stamp before I finally got it right! :lol:

Jan 10, 2009
    Jan 10, 2010
    Jan 01, 2010
    Jan 02, 2010
    Jan 04, 2010 (the correct one since we're on Monday's business ;) )

8. GregNickRyanFan

Okay, my fic is sent. :) Should be in your email box by now.

9. Smokey

Got it! Thanks! :)

Okay, I know of a couple of others I'm expecting. Anyone else? :D

10. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Yay!!! I'm so happy I finished mine, finally :)

I thought I would miss the deadline but I made it just in time :thumbsup:

Can't wait to read all the other stories :D

11. Smokey

Nick Fic Song Challenge
    Christmas Challenge

[​IMG]

Ladies and gentlemen, presenting the Christmas round of the Nick Fic Song Challenge! Thanks to everyone who participated! :)

Here are a few guidelines for reading and reviewing:

1. Remember, for now the stories are anonymous. Please do not reveal which story you wrote. We will unveil the authors next Sunday, January 10.

2. Story authors/participants - Please leave feedback for each story. That's why we're doing this...so we can learn from each other and improve as we go along. And because this is anonymous for now, please remember to leave some feedback for your own story too. :)

3. Lurkers - You are most welcome to read and review the stories too! We just ask that you follow and respect the guidelines here as well. The exception is that you may leave reviews for as few or as many stories as you like. (Authors - Please do not take offense if a lurker reviews only one or two stories or does not review yours.)

4. Please make your feedback as positive and constructive as possible. Constructive means that it's meant to be helpful and it's said in a nice way. There will be zero tolerance for meanness here from anyone.

5. Please try to make your feedback a little more than just "Good job" or "Nice story". We all look forward to hearing some thoughtful input on our work. :) And for now let's focus on the content of the story more so than the format, grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc. For some people this is their first fic and/or English may not be their first language, and those are all things that a good beta could fix if this weren't a challenge. :)

6. Feedback should be posted here in this thread and can be done all in one post or in several posts.

7. Remember, we aren't voting for favorites on this or anything. We're just reading, reviewing, and enjoying! :)

8. Attention readers! Feedback posts will probably contain spoilers. If you do not want to be spoiled, do not read the feedback until after you read the stories.

And now, what you've all been waiting for...the Christmas round of the Nick Fic Song Challenge! This is a new site...not as pretty or fancy as the old one, but it will do. :) Click on the Christmas challenge link on the right to read the stories.
    [​IMG]

Note: If you see an error in your story or any problems on the page, please PM Smokey ASAP.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  12. americanstalker

americanstalker Witness

Sorry I didn't submit one, I just wasn't feeling it with Rudolph.

13. Smokey

This is a great little set of stories! :lol:

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Murder - I really love this! Very funny! It's a great balance between staying true to the CSI format and being sort of a parody at the same time.

A Visit from St. Nicholas
    - Another funny one! And so clever! Nick driving a sleigh pulled by Lab Rats! :lol: "Get out of the way, I yelled at my whore!" :lol: And I love the "y'all" at the end too! Excellent job!

Reindeer Games - Whoa! You killed April! :lol: Nice job! ;) I like how you've made this a real case that parallels the song, with the reindeer and all. And there at the end, I sort of thought maybe Mandy had something to do with it. ;) Nice job!

This Time of the Year - This one was so sweet it made me cry! :) I structure works very well...the statue speaking in first person as he observes everything is great! And you really have a gift for being able to get inside the characters and let us know what they're feeling. I like how we don't know who (or what!) is watching until the end. So, so sweet a story! And I want to spend Christmas at the Stokes'!! :)

14. KFK

KFK Witness

I just want to say how impressed I am with these stories...you all are amazing.:thumbsup: Even if time allowed me to write, I would never have come up with any ideas for this challenge. Great work!

It's Beginning To Look a Lot Like Murder Nick and Brass interrogating Santa was a hoot. Santa calling Jimmy Brass and Nicky Stokes out was a laugh riot. The polka-dot elephant coming in to report his missing friend Charlie-in-the-box, finding out his friend was murdered, and the Jack the Ripper in the box was the culpret was funny (though I'm sorry poor Charlie had to buy it, all he ever wanted was a good home...so sad.:() Jack's capture was the perfect demise, he deserved what he got. Brass telling him he had the right to remain silent, and then pushing Jack into the box and closing the lid had me lmao.:guffaw: The ending with Santa, Brass and Nick was too much. This story was fun, and had me laughing throughout.

A Visit From Saint Nicholas I'll never read “Twas the Night Before Christmas” the same way for the rest of my life. Oh how funny! “Get out of my way” I yelled at my whore...had me on the floor laughing.:guffaw:St. Nick and techies coming to the scene had me laughing once again. Finding out Cousin Belle and Grandpa were the killers and why was classic. How appropriate to end the story with St. Nick giving us one ya'll. This story was so clever and imaginative...wow I wish I thought of it. Excellent!:thumbsup:

Reindeer Games I loved that the case was, shall we say, a non-case, and that Mandy has a sadistic streak of jealousy, but vents it in a harmless way. There's nothing like a woman's wrath.:eek: If it had been an actual case it would have been extremely sad. Though Mr. Roven shouldn't have killed April, you could certainly understand his anger. For me, April doesn't have the most redeeming characteristic. Mandy naming the Sims game video Reindeer Games gave me a real chuckle.:guffaw: The ending had me laughing.

This Time of the Year I absolutely loved this story, it is so gentle and sweet.:) Throughout the story I kept wondering who was the narriator? Could it be a Christmas angel? In away I suppose it is. The Stokes' preparing to the holidays was perfect, and true to the season. Nick anticipating Christmas with his family was sweet. Nick's gift, from years ago, to his mother was priceless. His mother's love of the elf, Nick called an “Ugly gnome,” sent me back to years gone by. For years my mother placed with care the hideous ornaments we made in our youth. They were special to her, and after she died those hideous ornaments found a new home on our tree. Every year those silly ornaments put a smile on my face, and send me back to sweeter days. This story sent me back to sweeter days, and I thank you for that. Great story!:thumbsup:

Congratulations on writing such deverse and wonderful stories during such a hectic time of year. Thank you for writing your tales, I sure do appreciate it.:)

Happy New Year, may it be a healthy, happy and successful year for all of you!;)

Take Care,

Kelli

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I'll be reviewing soon..but I will say these stories are sooooo funny!