NCIS thread #3 - Shutting up now, Boss

Discussion in 'NCIS & NCIS: LA' started by nattybatty55, Mar 10, 2008.

?

What should we call it?!?

1. Never mess with a Marine's coffee if you want to live

16 vote(s)
    13.6%
  2. I need a coffee

5 vote(s)
    4.2%
  3. On it Boss

28 vote(s)
    23.7%
  4. Ya Think?!

21 vote(s)
    17.8%
  5. Shutting up now Boss

40 vote(s)
    33.9%
  6. CSI! No the term's NCIS

12 vote(s)
    10.2%
  7. 'We just shoot men who are un true'

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  8. 'Gibbs, Caf-pow please!'

10 vote(s)
    8.5%
  9. 'Don't drop the boss' coffee!'

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  10. Gibb's Gang

3 vote(s)
    2.5%
  11. Talking Jethro, and not the one from Beverly Hillbillies

5 vote(s)
    4.2%
  12. There's more to CBS besides CSI

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  13. Never Be Unreachable

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  14. Never take anything for granted

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  15. Never date a coworker

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  16. Always work as a team

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  17. Never, ever bother Gibbs in interrogation

7 vote(s)
    5.9%
  18. 'How'd you get your boat out Gibbs?'

15 vote(s)
    12.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Source: Tvguide Online

I've seen enough of Tony and Ziva on NCIS. I want more Gibbs!

ADAM: Done. "The [season finale] is going to revolve around Gibbs," Cote de Pablo tells us. "It's going to have to do with something that he's going to be struggling with at the beginning of the next season." My money is on problems with the ladies, since both Allison Hart (Rena Sofer) and Holly Snow (Dina Meyer) will be in the mix. "Gibbs will use her in an investigation," Mark Harmon says of Snow. "[She's] an interesting ally, an uncomfortable ally and an odd ally in some ways."

2. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

^^^ I can't wait for that one, but then again, it's gonna make me squirm all summer long. I'm sure we'll be getting a cliffhanger again. :(

3. Destiny

Source: EW

Question: Do you know of any plans to resolve some of the issues/unanswered questions surrounding Tony and Ziva on NCIS this season?

Ausiello:
    If you’re referring to what transpired between them in Paris earlier this season, Michael Weatherly (Tony) thinks he has the answer. “The truth of what happened is probably something that can be discovered inside the episode itself,” he says. “If you really listen to what they say, I think it is pretty clear what happened: Nothing.” Way to kill the mood, buddy. For her part, Cote de Pablo (Ziva) hopes that particular question never gets answered. “If you solve something completely, especially on a TV show like this, it is no longer that fun,” she says. “It is a really complex relationship, and there is so much more to explore.” Adds Weatherly: “I am very happy with where it is now, but you never know what will develop. The writers may think they’ve cracked the chemistry riddle. They may come to think they can make us a full-on couple without killing the chemistry and tension that make people watch. But making the audience get their cake and eat it too is not outside of [exec producer] Shane Brennan’s wheelhouse.”

Question: Every day I come home from school, drop my bags, and search “Ask Ausiello and NCIS” on my computer hoping you’ve answered my question about Tony and Ziva.

Ausiello: You’re going to be mortified when you get home tonight and realize your question doesn’t actually include, you know, a question.

Question: Any news on what brings Holly (Dina Meyer) back to NCIS?

Ausiello:
    “Gibbs will use her in an investigation,” explains Mark Harmon. “She is an interesting ally, an odd ally, an uncomfortable ally in some ways. But I think the writers and producers like what Dina did before. A madam character is pretty fascinating.”

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

:guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: That's awesome! :lol:

5. MarineGirl#1

Hillarious. :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

Here's a few links to the Paley Fest. Shame Pauley was in France. :( But Michael made up for it. :lol::lol::lol:

Paley Fest 1
    Paley Fest 2

6. Destiny

Source: EW

Question: I think you’re really cool and occasionally awesome. I also think you have the coolest job ever. So anyway, I have a question about NCIS. Any dish on May sweeps?

Ausiello:
    Occasionally awesome? This next scoop begs to differ: “Abby will face the biggest dilemma of her professional life,” reveals exec producer/showrunner Shane Brennan, “when she must decide whether to withhold or reveal a secret that could destroy the NCIS team.” Occasionally awesome my arse.

Question: Tiva this, Tiva that. Got any NCIS scoop not connected to those two?

Ausiello:
    There may be trouble in paradise for NCIS‘ hopeless bromantics, McGee and Tony. “We are going to explore McGee and Tony’s relationship a little more in an upcoming episode,” reveals Sean Murray. “They have a very older brother-younger brother type [of] relationship. They protect and tease each other and show off in front of each other. But there is a pecking order, and Tony is on top of it. But he may be challenged by something McGee says or does.”

7. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

I second that!!! :thumbsup::guffaw: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, what's up with Michael Weatherly saying 'Nothing'... give me a break! They slept in the same bed and acted totally different afterwards... something DID happen! BUT as much as I would like to see them together, the tension/wonder is much, MUCH more fun on this show... so keep us Tiva fans guessing.. is what I'm saying.

8. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

1. We don't know whether they slept in the same bed or not, all we know is that they lied about sleeping on the couch - of course the question is, did they lie about actually sleeping on the couch or merely the reason behind why they slept on the couch.

2. I didn't really see them acting different afterwards. Ziva was just as rude and unpleasant after that night as she was before.

3. Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm pretty certain that if I shagged a bloke in Paris, I certainly wouldn't let him go off sightseeing without me afterwards.

4. The 'tension/wonder' is annoying as hell to the rest of the viewers who want to actually watch NCIS, not the 'OMG TIVA 4evuh' hour.

5. Michael Weatherly reads the scripts and knows what directions the Director of that episode gave him. If the Director had said "Now act like you're a couple who've just had sex the night before", then MW would have said of course they'd done it. Why on earth should MW's remarks be ignored/disparaged just because they don't agree with your interpretation of an episode?

The old axiom applies, if it wasn't shown or specifically mentioned on screen then it didn't happen. Tony and Ziva haven't 'done it', and thanks goodness for that, because if it turned out that they had done it and were indeed doing it all along, and completely ignoring rule 12 and lying to the rest of the team, well that would be a clear sign that NCIS had jumped the shark once and for all.
    (seriously, does anybody really believe that if Tony and Ziva were in a relationship that Gibbs would be happy about it? Does anybody believe that Vance would not immediately transfer one of them to another team? Gibbs may have rule 12, but NCIS and most other Law Enforcement agencies would have a similar rule against teammates being involved)

9. Destiny

Alot of times actors/actresses will elude or avoid what will happen or has happened if it affects future eps, therefore Michael saying..
    “The truth of what happened is probably something that can be discovered inside the episode itself,” he says. “If you really listen to what they say, I think it is pretty clear what happened: Nothing.”

Lets remember when they played the Married couple they had to share a bed in the ep 3x8 "Undercovers" People got the notion that something might be going on between them, but nothing came about, it was like "Jet Lag" eluded to. Doesn't mean it did or didn't happen, but like with "Undercovers" they seem to have gone back to normal, so unless it's brought up again, no one will know for sure.

As to Michael saying "Nothing" and how it was "Discovered in the ep itself" lead to the eluding that they could have shared a bed but it could be that one of them didn't take the couch they could have slept on the floor, or they could have gotten a room with separate beds.

10. Blinded By Smoke

Ceindreadh... It was just my opinion. It didn't have to spiral into all of that. I didn't mean it harsh, or anything of the sorts. Sorry to be misleading... but that's just my opinion. I am positive I am not alone in FEELING that way, even though I'm SURE it didn't happen. I wasn't disputing his word, so to speak, I was saying it in disbelief as to the fact.. I wanted it to happen, even if it were never mentioned again. You can't argue with my opinions. You may not like 'Tiva', but I'm sure I'm not alone in my doing so..(You made it sound that way). Every episode is NOT revolved around THEM, as it shouldn't be. And even if I were the only SHIPPER, I would still hold true to my view/opinions. I wouldn't go on a message board and jump all over someone just because their views were different than mine...

As for teammates 'involved'... what's Danny and Lindsay's relationship? Last I checked, they were married. And on the same 'team'.... I agree with you about Gibbs rule. He wouldn't be happy, but that same term doesn't relate to all shows/all departments. It's been made obvious that McGee and Abby have 'done things'.. to what extent, I don't know, but still--- again. My opinion.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  11. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

In my opinion, rule number 12 disappeared with Palmer and Lee. :lol: It's still there, but I've just got a feeling that no one really cares anymore. :]

BTW: Blinded By Smoke, big Tony/Ziva fan here : D You're not alone :lol:

12. MarineGirl#1

I'd have to disagree here, I think the rule was chopped to pieces when Gibbs got involved with Hollis... I'm still not over that one. :scream:

13. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Yes, well i've voiced my disapproval of having Danny and Lindsay working the same cases on more than one occasion, but at least they're not likely to be in life or death situation where either might have to choose between the life of their partner and that of other teammates.
    (apologies if I came off a bit strong, the whole 'of course Tony and Ziva shagged in Paris' sets my teeth on edge a bit)

As for Palmer and Lee, they weren't on the same team. Lee was working in the legal department and Palmer in the Medical Examiners department. Ditto for Abby and McGee. When they hooked up, McGee was still stationed in Norfolk. And even when he transferred to Washington, he was on Gibbs's team, and Abby was in the Forensics department. Gibbs and Hollis, well unpleasant as that was for me to watch, there was no issue of fraternization because Hollis was army not NCIS. However, it still would have been somewhat improper IMO for the two of them to have been co-investigators on any case while they were in a relationship.

AFAIK, the real NCIS agency, while it does allow agents to get involved, it certainly wouldn't let them serve on the same team. So if Tony and Ziva did do anything, they'd have to either lie to their colleagues/superiors or one of them would be transferred to somebody elses team. IMO, even if Gibbs was out of character enough to let it slide, Vance certainly wouldn't.

14. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

I don't know if it's because I liked Diane Neal in her L&O series, but I felt a lot of chemistry between her NCIS character tonight and Gibbs. In fact, I haven't found any other female to have that much chemistry with Gibbs since Jenny's death. I know this is not supposed to be the latest flame, just a one-episode thing, but I liked their interplay much better than Gibbs' supposed attraction to that recurring lawyer. Sad to say, I can't even remember that character's name. :)

15. Blinded By Smoke

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.