Last Season of CSI

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by jimmyolsenblues, Jan 26, 2015.

1. jimmyolsenblues

jimmyolsenblues Hit and Run

I have heard some talk on http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/tag/csi-ratings/

This is the last season.

I would love a Grissom appearance.

He still is one of my all time favorite tv characters, and I never got over him leaving.

I think a lot of what I loved about Gregory House was the antisocial behavior based on Grissom.

I would love a finale scene with the whole original team as their first beer together.

2. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

It's too late for any of that. CSI is over for the year. It'll probably get a final 13 episodes next year. Especially since it hit season highs on that Tuesday night. I could see them shoeing it in for Fridays.

3. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

As long as it kicks Hannibal out of that Friday slot, I'm fine with it.

I hope there's no appearances by past cast members. The show is too far gone, it's not even remotely the same show. It's gone on for way too long - I honestly don't think I've watched regularly since season 10.

4. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

The writers just confirmed on Twitter the final is not a series final... I guess it means they'll get a season 16

5. AleSir19

AleSir19 Hit and Run

I think that means the obvious thing, they will try to pitch a 16 season like they will try with a 17 season, later with a 18 season and even a 19 season who knows?

Another thing is if they will find the way to make CBS pick the show after they kill two regular/main characters in one finale after Brass goes out last finale.

6. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

Wow. A rather ignominious end to a great series. They're hanging on like Joe Willie Namath trying to play for the L.A. Rams. It's really sad. I guess the only rational thought is, Well, new viewers don't remember the backstory, so we'll just keep on going with our poor scripts.

And let's not forget: they laid out the same platitudes about CSIM, only to cancel it with basically everything unresolved. I think Nina T. gets home at night, blindfolds herself, and plays "pin the tail on the returning CBS program."

It's odd to think that almost 1/4th of my life has been spent with CSILV on the air. But Fonzie has jumped this shark seven ways to Sunday, and I'm out of cliches. :rolleyes:

7. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

I have loved all the CSI's. Watched all of them since 2004, and when you consider how much I hate TV today, that says something.
    Having said that, the CSI franchise is getting long in the tooth, and I think they know it. Sunday night is usually the green mile for any show. The original actors have outlived their types, especially Nick.
    Call me cynical, but I expect CSI Cyber to last one season; two at most.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  8. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Wow! Really?!

Can't believe it...
    Been passionate fan since day one; followed it dilligently like a doggie for food. Wow!
    I'm now left speechless..

It still airs in my country. Though on channels I'm not awarded to see without investment. However I am moved to see comms about it whenever I am near a tv with satellite channels.. or whith more than 4 channels.

Anyway, saw this "all new, come visit" message in my email and now gotta try and pick up some spoilers especially since I'm like bunch of seasons away from being aware of what's going on at all.

Although I have now alienated to the show I still try to follow from afar..

So if anyone feels up to somehow quick-update me about what the heck happened since season 12 (I think it was the last season I at least partially saw)... I would be grateful. ;)

9. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

I sent a PM to you with a short summary ^^