"In a Dark, Dark House" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 4, 2011.

1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I soooo agree! Those are the kinds of cliffs I dread.

2. Poirot

Poirot Victim

Oh Joy! Raskell lives on :vulcan:

or not

3. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

Haskell's dead, Ray killed him.

For the rest of it, the team's split on if they should help protect Ray or not. Gloria was raped and tortured (when!? How the hell did Haskell have enough time to do that!?).

4. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Well he had Gloria for a couple days at least before Ray found him again in Vegas.

5. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

Was it really days? I thought it was less.

Gloria's a mess, nearly catatonic. It was pretty Nick light. Brass was great, covering for Ray to the point of hiding evidence. Catherine let on to Brass that she knows, but since she and Sara couldn't prove anything, evidence is Ray gets off scott free.

The episode ended with Ray being asked By IA if the kill was self-defense or murder and .... we wait till September.

Mind you, if Ray goes to jail, Brass would too! LIE, Ray! LIE!

6. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

And Catherine and they rest could lose their jobs. Could be how Catherine leaves. :rolleyes:

Loved that Ecklie helped Nick out. :lol: He should be out in the field more. :lol:

:lol:

I have to give props to Sara for trying to find the truth. Ray has put all their careers on the line. Of course, they made that decision.

7. Dizzney

I was not sure why Ray was still able to work on the case after he was involved in killing Haskell, before they proved it to be self defense. He should not have been allowed to take any part in the investigation after that. But of course, he should not have been working it ages ago.

8. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

All I have to say is that if this is what they'll use for Cath's exit I'm going to be really pi**ed off!!!:shifty::shifty:

9. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

That was the most ridiculous load of crap. The team should NOT have been the ones investigating! It should have been an impartial team. And Brass...good lord...why?? A cop should be a good cop...ALL of the time, regardless. I'm really, really disappointed in him.

Sara was just about the only one doing her job right tonight. Unfortunately, she was outnumbered and they're going to cover for Ray, a murderer. And for what??

And oh gee....I'm going to be "haunted all summer" about what Ray will do. :rolleyes: Ummm...no...just like I wasn't worried last summer about whether or not he'd live.

So it looks like Season 12 will start off with more Haskell and Ray crap. Four seasons. Four f'n seasons tainted by that mess of a storyline.

10. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

I liked it and then I didn't like it, if that makes any sense, though I liked it better than All In and Meat Jekyll

Brass you couldn't cover for Warrick and yet you cover for Ray :scream: really it's out of character for Brass

I kinda like the team tension and how they're divided

Haskell is DEAD!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!!! :):):)

Let's put this story to bed, so for that reason I want Ray to say self defense and then again I don't cause I'm sorry but RAY MUST GO!!!

I wish they had done this ep like For Gedda when Warrick was accused of killing Gedda and other people worked the case and team follows closely behind cause the team shouldn't be working the case in the first place, and Ray SHOULD NOT HAVE ESPECIALLY

I also wished they mentioned and talked about what went on with Warrick

Lots of scenes with Greg always please me :):)

I enjoyed Sara's scenes, and her looking into Ray

Not a lot of Nick :( or Cath either

Wish someone had talked with Ecklie about his daughter

Wasn't as much Ray as I thought there would be :)

I think Ray will say self defense but who knows, least no ones in serious danger

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  11. Dizzney

Tell us how you really feel, Smokey! :lol:

But I am with you on that. I was hoping it would be over but nooo, it will carry out next season.

I was disappointed so many backed Ray too. Brass shocked me too. Maybe it is just him sick of seeing criminals get away with so much after so many years, he was happy to see someone take a stand to them.

12. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

What a crappy finale! Sorry, it stank! I hated it.

13. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

Who knows what Ray will say. If he finally does the right thing, then he puts everyone else in jeopardy. If he says it was self defense, how can any of the team ever have confidence in him again. I really think that the writers have written his character's exit story (or everyone elses and we have the new 'dark Ray hour' with a new cast of avenging CSIs).

14. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

If it wasn't for all of the Ray/Haskell undertones, I'd consider this a classic CSI episode - arrive at the scene, gather evidence, process evidence (which we didn't really see much of), and put the pieces of the puzzle together.

I actually adored the Sara/Greg scenes - especially the one in the locker room. That was such a great scene where Greg asks her "what if it was me instead of Ray?".

Speaking of Greg - it was extremely creepy when they morphed Greg's face into Haskell's as Greg was holding up that torture hook. Ewww.

Cath with Mrs Parkes & Gloria in the hospital was another sweet scene. I liked how Catherine didn't answer when Mrs Parkes asked if Ray scared her.

It was about 3/4 through the episode when I realized what make the episode enjoyable was that Ray was basically silent up to that point. He's less annoying and even a bit charming when he shows his emotions rather than spews his usual babble. The scene with Ray & Cath in her office was a case in point.

I wasn't happy to see the Cath/Brass tension, but I liked the fact that Catherine knew what he did without anything needing to be actually said.

And oh my god! I said it on twitter, and I'll say it here too:
    Dirty Ecklie is adorable! I loved that they had him out at a scene processing evidence and getting dirty. Bring me more Conrad, please. (maybe we'll get it with the addition of his daughter)

And the IA guy (Jay Karnes), he always seems to play a creepy, sleezy guy everywhere I see him. Guess that's why he's perfect for an IA guy.

Did they seriously end it with "was it self defense, or was it murder?" Good grief. Like anyone cares anymore!

15. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

I gotta say that this was a great episode in character study. Everyone was well represented on their thoughts about what happened to Ray and Gloria. For so many years we've known nothing really about the inner workings of the characters we've come to love. This season we got a lot of glimpses into them.

I'm haunted right now(like the promo said)because I need to really process everyone's actions and reactions. This may not have been classic CSI but I think it's been brought to a different level.

Those are just some of my preliminary thoughts..