If you could bring one character back, who would it be?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Hardline Pro, Apr 2, 2011.

?

If you could bring one character back, who would it be?

1. Jesse Cardoza (Eddie Cibrian)

6 vote(s)
    9.0%
  2. Dr. Tara Price (Megalyn Echikunwoke)

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  3. Dr. Alexx Woods (Khandi Alexander)

24 vote(s)
    35.8%
  4. Det. Yelina Salas (Sofia Milos)

8 vote(s)
    11.9%
  5. Det. Timothy Speedle (Rory Cochrane)

23 vote(s)
    34.3%
  6. Lt. Megan Donner (Kim Delaney)

4 vote(s)
    6.0%
  1. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I definitely agree with that statement.

2. MelxxWhoLuvsYa

MelxxWhoLuvsYa Rookie

Since I only started watching Miami from mid season 3 onwards, I cannot comment on Speed or Megan. Of course, I know both characters left lasting impressions on the show but still, having only heard stories of them doesn't cut it for me.

I agree with many past posts in the Alexx case. I do miss her, and am glad Tara is gone, but Tom is doing an excellent job and is a unique character. Maybe if we saw more of Alexx in the hospital, that void would be completely filled for me :)

Now, out of all characters I miss, I would say Rick is the one I'd wish to return. He and Horatio had a great connection, the way they played off each other was funny yet exciting. I have to say, out of all of H's rivals/opposition - Rick Stetler thrumps them all :)

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Speedle, no question. I haven't been able to keep interested since his death...those were reruns when they aired on A and E, but I haven't been able to find the desire to watch many newer eps.

4. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

I like Tom, but it's definitely Alexx for me. She was amazing :)

5. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Alexx was one of the best characters on that show, imho. Back in the glory days, Alexx was a good "mom", while Horatio was a good "dad."

I also miss her interactions with Ryan. After Horatio/Rick, I think I like Alexx/Ryan the best.

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Everyone on the list except Tara and Megan. Tara would be the last one I'd ever want back. Megan just didn't IMO fit in with the rest of the cast. I wouldn't mind if she returned for a guest appearance, but not as a full time cast member, plus Kim is doing Army Wives now, so that wouldn't happen anyway.

I do love Loman though, but I'd like to see Alexx back as a guest star again.

7. Court

Court Prime Suspect

My hubby thinks they should bring back Rory Cochrane as Speedle's twin brother, Jim. I'm not even kidding. He has the whole plot mapped out and everything. ;)

8. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

This is a tough one.

I really liked Speedle, and like others said, one of the great things about his character was that he had a sense of purpose with his job, but not a preoccupation with justice or a hero complex. He could separate himself from the situation and look at things objectively. It's what made him an excellent CSI. Plus, he was a very enjoyable character overall, with an odd sense of humor and great chemistry with the entire cast.

However, I can't imagine bringing him back in any kind of non-supernatural scenario, which doesn't fit with the series. I'm sure they could go with the obvious "faked death to do undercover work" explanation, but it would seem a little out of place to bring him back to Miami after so many years. Not to mention that I can't see how they would play off the realistic-looking death scene, other than if they directly copied Horatio's plan from "Resurrection" that involved pre-drawn blood placed over a bulletproof vest...except didn't he end up with blood in his mouth? Would they explain that away with "ketchup!"?

I especially couldn't imagine Speedle returning to CSI with Ryan there. Not that I think Ryan is nothing more than just a replacement for Speed, because Ryan is without a doubt his own person with a different set of strengths, weaknesses, quirks, and style of investigation. It's just that I can't picture how he and Speedle would get along. My instinct tells me that Speedle could never get past finding Ryan "annoying", and that would screw up the chemistry of the characters as a whole, which wouldn't make the show very pleasant to watch.

I liked Yelina, but after the more-or-less "closure" of the Raymond Caine storyline, plus her move from government employment to private detective work, I feel like she wouldn't fit in as a full-time character. I wouldn't mind her as a recurring one who appeared in a few episodes every season, though. And how about Ray Jr.? How's he doing? They should do some sort of followup on him, even if it's just in one episode.

I never particularly cared for Dr. Price or Lt. Megan Donner, so I would prefer them not to be brought back. I was neutral on Jesse, so I have no real opinion over whether or not I would want him back. But again, there is a logistics issue with that as there is with Speedle. And the only explanation I think they could give is that he faked his death either to do undercover work or to go into witness protection.

Ultimately, I voted for Alexx. I adored her. She was a wonderful character who combined knowledge with passion, but was able to remain objective at the same time. She was human, and had a great mother/children dynamic with the rest of the team. I would love to see her return. I also enjoy Dr. Loman, and I wouldn't want him to leave. I could actually very easily see both of them being M.E.'s on the show, and getting along quite well. I imagine they might balance each other out- while Tom definitely feels sympathy for victims, what he's most passionate about is the science of forensic pathology, while Alexx always seems to be very knowledgeable and interested in the science, but slightly more passionate about honoring the victims and doing her part to help the team achieve justice. I'm definitely able to see Alexx bringing out a more openly sympathetic Tom, and Tom helping to let us see Alexx's humorous side (which I already love) more often.

9. greatfan

greatfan Captain

The show itself,along with the characters that worked with Tim have changed so much,I could see more than Ryan annoying Tim.Unless Tim has also changed,the chemistry or team dynamics wouldn't be great even if Ryan wasn't there.I could see Tim distancing himself from the team,and ultimately riding off into the sunset.The Timmy of seasons one and two would find it hard to fit into today's team,he would find them all annoying.
    Of course,if the show had some of the earlier writers,there may not be a problem at all.
    I think Alexx would be a great character to return.She had great dynamics with the entire team,old and new.She would work extremely well with Dr.Loman and welcome Walter as well.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  10. luf100

luf100 Coroner

If we're talking crazy scenarios, my mom always says she thinks that Marisol is gone to Brazil and is taking care of her and Horatio's baby. :lol: She's not really serious about it, but every time we see a rerun with Marisol or see Alana De La Garza on one of those beauty product commercials she's on, my mom will say something like that.

Another person that I would really love to see back is Jake Berkeley. I loved him, so much. :lol: I wouldn't even care why or how he comes back, I just wanna see him again.

11. Anni Grey

Anni Grey Coroner

As much as I would love for Tim to come back, it simply will not happen. They tried and ultimately failed in season six (Bang, Bang Your Debt). Seriously, I want him to stay in season 1 &2 when Miami was in its prime. For all the reasons everyone has named, he would be choice, but because it's just bad form...

I voted forAlexx. Second only to Speed, Alexx was the backbone of this troupe. Yes, we'd all like to think that Horatio is the glue of the team, but did we see how quick he left the team in the dust after Speed died? Alexx has always been there, mothering, being a shoulder, and the moral center. I cried when she left...she was just that awesome.

PS... I would love to see her and Tom in the morgue together... That would be choice :D

12. Turbidblue

Turbidblue Witness

Crazy hard choice when you only could pick one, but it would be great if Alexx came back and sort of took turns with Tom as the M.E, like working every second episode or something, or why not together sometimes as someone over me suggested, that would be so awesome! Don't get me wrong, I adore Tom and wouldn't want to change, I just wish we could have them both. I'm sure they would have liked each other :).

I really miss Yelina, Speed and Jesse too, though.

13. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

I miss the lab rats.

Dan Cooper. He was a unique character, annoying in a fun way. Before the writers screwed him up and turned him bad ("Doing a Dan Cooper" now has its own meaning), he had a nice rapport with Calleigh and Eric. I know Ryan wanted to do a DiNozzo on him a few times, but it seemed like Dan Cooper had a big mouth around him.

Tyler Jensen. There wasn't much to his character that we saw, but he was likeable and did a good job as an AV tech.

Maxine Valera. She didn't have much outside the lab, but she shined in the few scenes she had (Internal Affairs).

14. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

ok it was hard to choose between two characters- alexx and jesse. but eventually i voted for jesse. why? def not that i wouldn't like to see her at lab. it was my choice b/c jesse didn't have enough time to show himself fully. i would love to see more of a "three best friend" friendship. and also b/c i believe there were more to say about character.

15. ComicCollect_NL

ComicCollect_NL Witness

I've chosen for Lt. Megan Donner. She's way too short in the series. I don't mind see her back in couple of episodes.