How do you think the planets were created?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Imperfect, Feb 1, 2007.

1. heartagram69

heartagram69 Head of the Swing Shift

i wasnt aware of that being posted in the i cant believe forum.

anyway i wasnt meaning to troll, i was stating my opinion of one of the many scientific reasons i believe inthe big bang.

and i didnt mean to offend people, its simply my opinions, like there's is to believe in god. but i feel offended that people do believe in god because they are being cheated of the real world and the choice to make up their own mind on very serious topics.

2. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I voted for big bang. :)

heartagram that is a truly bizarre statement above. Apologising, then immediately saying you are offended by people believing in something is strange, I believe in God so your statement is really quite offensive to me too. Also, believing in God certainly doesn't mean that you don't have freedom to choose or make up your own mind, so I think you are talking about a subject you don't know much about. :confused:

3. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

I also voted for the big bang theory, for me it seems like the obvious explanation. :)

In regards to the religious side of the theory, I don't dismiss the whole idea at all, I just can't explain it, which is why I leaned towards the science side. If I was more of a religious person and my religious knowledge was more up to scratch, I could probably give a better explanation to my answer. :lol:

Anyway, it would be interesting to see how many posters do lean toward the religious side, it would make for an interesting discussion, in fact, I find the subject really fascinating! :)

4. heartagram69

heartagram69 Head of the Swing Shift

im talking about the straight bible nuts, not people that only believe in god, that i can deal with, i cant deal with people that go around saying homo's are sinners and are going to hell.

im not trying to offen othes, im stating my view, and even if u may not think it i feel just as offended by people beliving in god as you may feel about people not believing in it. i believe in science not god, thats my opinion, you believ ein god, thats your opinion.

each to their own, i was simply stating my opinion

5. wibble

wibble Corpse

Erm, how on earth was your comment about Billy/Grissom NOT trolling? Even if it was meant as a joke, it wasn't exactly obvious, and if you had any consideration for your fellow posters, you wouldn't make jokes about that sort of thing in the first place. People can still be offended. And I don't see how your comments about the religious theory of the origin of the planets aren't trolling either - you've already annoyed and upset several people in this thread.

There's a good and a bad way of stating your opinion. Calling people "religious freaks" because they believe in God, and then not even backing up your own opinion with credible reasons is not the way to go about it.

I'm taking this matter to PMs before this goes any further off-topic.

Please nobody post on this incident any more - I will deal with it, so let's please continue civil discussion on the original topic of this thread.

Thank you.

6. allmaple

allmaple Judge

ok, ive seen 'just a theory' twice now and i think people are confusing what a scientific theory actually is. its not a guess, it explains facts and is well supported by evidence. so yes, there is lots of evidence that the universe expanded in a massive explosion but like i said, the astrophysics makes my head hurt :lol:

but, the scientists have no way of knowing what the universe looked like before the big bang, why it happened etc. the models only go to the tiniest fraction of a second after the bang, so what was there before then is and always will be a mystery ;)

7. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

I voted other. I'm not sure we have an answer or a really good idea on how they were created. We have ideas but nothing that's been proved either way to lead me to answer one way or the other.

8. Muzzy_Olorea

Muzzy_Olorea Lab Technician

God started the Big Bang which created the planets.

I've had words with him and he said he was playing with his chemistry set and it all got a little out of hand. ;)

I believe that science had to have a guiding hand to create the complex universe we live in so I'm sitting on the fence. :)

9. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

My bad! :eek: As I mentioned theory a few times in my post, I'll assume you mean little ol' me. :lol:

10. Roosey

Roosey Captain

Big Bang. Because I have had to do a lot of research lately on the creation of the planets. This one just seems the most credible one. Of course, every theory has it's 'That's possibles' and 'So-not-possibles', but I still think this one is the best one.

11. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

I'm going to side with the Big Bang theory. It seems that there is a great amount of scientific evidence to back it up and I'm too much of a skeptic to accept the omnipotent being playing with his chemistry set (thank you, Muzzy; that was brilliant :lol: )

It's interesting that no one chose option 3: they've always been there... and for those of you who chose 4: other, what is your theory on the formation of the planets?

12. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Big Bang works for me but what what created the star that exploded? This to me is the ultimate question because it keeps going.

13. allmaple

allmaple Judge

no youre fine :p saying 'theory' is ok because it is, saying 'just a theory' gives out the misconception that it could be wrong, hasnt been proven etc. no one says gravity is just a theory now do they? ;) i go into convulsions whenever i hear 'evolution is just a theory' :lol:

14. CSIannalysse

CSIannalysse CSI Level Two

I picked "other" because (in my opinion) none of the theories have substantial proven, absolutely beyond reasonable doubt evidence.

You never know, the actual cause may even be an amalgamation of ALL theories! :D

15. Fool4love

Fool4love Police Officer

I picked the Big Bang. I have always believed in science and for me this is the explanation that makes the most sense.