Horatio & Yelina #5 ~ How Can I Not Love You?~

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Nov 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

^ hey Luce, u remember my e-mail and know for what favour i ask now, right ?! ;) thanks in advace *hugs*

Kit4na did this famous person playing the vic in S3 is Ian Somerhalder (Lost) or Ben Browder (Farscape) ?! :rolleyes:

2. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

I'm just popping in to post a pic. I'll catch you all later on. This is an easy one, but I love it! :D

Countdown pic #20

[​IMG]

3. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

^ hehe this is easy one - 'Grand Prix'. :D i always have feeling that little before this screencap H and Y was walking hand in hand or maybe they just come from H place :lol:

4. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Correct it's Game Over. And the famous guy it's Tony Hawk :)

Ooh picture from Grand Prix. Great great epi. Loved it when Yelina noticed the other woman was flirting with HER man!

5. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

No!!!!!!! Please no!!!! There's no way especially when the Y ep is so near. Anyway I think it's just a promo thing tptb are trying to tease us.

I'm always late in coming to this thread, now I remember the episode Kit, it's 'Game Over' cos I love Tony Hawk! It was way awesome for me to see my skateboard hero on my fave show.

Pusher you're right the pic does look like they're/were holding hands.

6. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Hehe I just rewatched that scene. Sometimes they bumb against each other with there hands. Next time don't hold back guys we know u wanne hold hands it's okay :p

7. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Updated my fic. Here's the link:
    http://talk.csifiles.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1145627&Main=1083198#Post1145627

I think we're gonna hit the 1000 posts mark soon. Did we decide on a name for the next thread like Pusher said? I'm excited. A new thread would hopefully herald better things for H/Y especially for the upcoming one it's called 'Burned' if I didn't read the spoilers wrong. Am I correct?

This just came to mind, the titles do have double meanings most of the time, I hope it doesn't spell trouble for the H/Y relationship.

8. Lucy

Wow, the next thread has crept up on us fast! I think we were considering:
    That just fits in. ;) I don't mind at all - are there any others that people like? We could always do a poll if we have other ideas?

Grand Prix is of course correct. :D

Countdown pic #21

[​IMG]

9. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

Hrockz thanks for this fic update as always ;)

i`m not a lot worry coz this Y`s epi 22 have title 'Burned' - as i know the vic house is going to burn to the ground ;) in double meanings of this title - would love to see/know in this epi that this old Aerosol H feelings or his self imaginary wall stoping his feelings toward Yelina are Burned forever :devil:

awwww new thread name :rolleyes: ... i don`t know - like all this suggestions in the previous page.... *think*...well i know that the end will be 'So Say We All!' :lol:

EDIT Countdown pic #21 = Extreme ?! :rolleyes:

10. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

I thnink your right Pusher. As I remember the guy from Prison Break (the actor who plays Bellick), who was working for that bureau that kidnaps ppl for the kick off it, he was sitting in that room as Yelina was waiting on H outside :p
    (I really shouldn't watch those episodes that much lol)

11. Lucy

Extreme is correct! I'm not too sure about the new thread name either. We can always edit it in later. :)

After reading the interview in TV Guide, it seems H is still hung up about Marisol. Or maybe that was written from DC's perspective as that relationship was his idea! David, please stick to acting. This particular idea of yours was woeful. :rolleyes:

12. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Horatio/Yelina #6:Get them together already - So Say We All!

Yup I'm liking that thread name. No other ideas at the moment.

I guess it's kinda understandable to still be hung up about Marisol cos if he wasn't it'll be too out of character. But it's time to move on, once Y gets back into the picture. Like soon.

I wonder why Y never actually forced H to face up to his feelings for her. I mean she seems like the kind of gal who wouldn't be afraid to make the first move. I understand that she wanted to give H time to get over his feelings of guilt about Ray but after some time of waiting and knowing the attraction for each other was mutal, she could have done something about it. Sounds like a good idea for the writers. And the writers should let DC do only the acting.

Maybe one of us should email him and tell him to forget the Marisol thing already! And to stick to acting! :p

13. lieueitak

lieueitak Hit and Run

According to Ray Sr.'s original tombstone, he "died" towards the end of 2001, I think. Before that time, she was married/dating Ray, and for a good deal of time after that (to the end of season 1), she was probably recovering from that.

At the beginning of season 2, there was a huge attraction between the two, and Yelina pushed that as far as Horatio would allow. She wanted him to speak for himself, and he didn't. And what's she gonna do - force him to date her? :D So she let it go, and then Madison happened, which drove a huge wedge in the relationship. At that point, I doubt she would have even wanted to date him because she couldn't trust him.

And then there was Stetler and Rebecca, and then when the truth about Madison did come out, there were the rumors about Ray Sr. Knowing that your husband might be alive sort of squashes your romance life. ;) And then he was alive and she went with him. So I guess... there just really wasn't a time (except pre-show) for them to be together.

The thing about the Marisol storyline that really annoys me the most is not even the idea of it - that Horatio would get involved with a cancer patient/Delko's sister. I don't love the concept, of course, but it could be doable. What really irritates me is that from start to finish, the execution was terrible.

So DC suggests this storyline. The writers didn't have to speed through it. They could have kept a decent and appropriate pace through out the season and kept Marisol alive longer (only so that her death and the subsequent killing spree makes sense, naturally). Instead, the scenes were rushed and terribly written. It was so dry, clinical, and unfriendly. I mean what kind of proposal is, "Does that include marriage?"

And at the same time, I feel like even the worst writing in the world wouldn't have been so bad if DC and Alana had chemistry. That's not a critique of either actor, but rather one of the person who does the casting. There was just no warmth or passion in any of these scenes.

And this has been mentioned before but the "glamor cancer." It's little things like that that make the story completely unbelievable. I'm not saying it has to be done in the stereotypical way - i.e. no hair, etc. But she didn't look sick at all. :(

Hehehehe. Definitely!

14. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

I don't think Y really pushed him to the max. She made it obvious she liked him, but she didn't like come outright and tell him. What I meant was more like if she could tell him to his face that 'I'm in love with you, I know you're attracted to me, so if you're not gonna admit to it or do something about it then, let's forget about this us thing ever happening.'

What she did do was go out wuth Stetler in an attempt perhaps to try spur H into action but well we know how that went. I think all H's other relationships were like him trying to forget her. Even the deal about Rachel Turner who ended up dead as well. Then Marisol. I think perhaps the point has been made thet no other woman is right for H besides Y. I mean we knnow that but perhaps tptb wanted to make a point, don't get me wrong, there's no excuse for the whole Marisol fiasco.

I felt like the whole relationship was directed by Marisol, H just went along to make her happy. I mean I guess they had to rush it cos the premise was that this girl is dying I'd better fulfil her dying wishes ie get married, have kids, before she dies. And that was a very selfish reason to want to have kids. I mean you have the kid and die and leave them to grow up without you?!

Exactly! H and Rebecca had more chemistry. And of course the most with SM's Yelina. Even the looks exchanged between DC and SM had more chemistry then the hand holding during chemo scene. DC and SM don't even have to touch and the chemisrty's sizzling.

Ok I have to stop this rant. Sorry, I didn't mean to trash anybody. H really needs to get together with the only girl that's right for him, and we all know who that is. Tptb please spare the lives any more poor women who get together with H and end up dead, and get him with Y the one whom we know he's meant to be with. :p

I'm clinging onto the last shread of hope of H's statement of 'family' in 'Rio' in meaning that tptb are leaving the door wide open for H/Y. Though it looks like Y rushing to H's side at the end of s5 doesn't seem possible now since the spoiler about s5's ending proved wrong. So I'm really wondering now how they're gonna get Y back, or is she coming back?

15. lieueitak

lieueitak Hit and Run

Hehe, perhaps Yelina is afraid of being rejected? I mean it's obvious that he likes her, but maybe she didn't want to hear him say that they couldn't be together? *shrugs* Also, while she's a very upfront woman, Yelina seems to despise women who throw themselves at men - and not just Horatio. In "Dead Zone," she rolls her eyes when that girl flirts very openly with Eric. A fun scene it would be of course (to hear either H or Y be open about their feelings), but it just feels like neither of them want to get hurt. Again, I could be totally off my rocker. :)

Horatio and the Hummer have more chemistry than H and Marisol.

Hehehe. Finally someone else makes a long post. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.