Horatio/DC #15: 'Back To Basics'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Aug 31, 2009.

1. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

I don't think he looks particularly tired, but he has lost a lot of weight, and it's beginning to show in his face. I know this is entirely his business - this is just an observation.

2. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Horatio Caine is God's Gift to the world! He is my favorite actor! I guess I like him also because he's from the "Hippie Era", and has mentioned about movies and songs from the late 60's on CSI Miami. When he and Eric went to L.A. to clear Jesse's name, on the show, he was standing on a stage where the Beatles had once preformed and confronted that guy that play the part of the head of the L.A.P.D. Holding evidence for years. I forgot what episode that was.

3. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

Well, David was born in 1956.

That episode was in the 8th season and titled "LA".

4. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

David's weight... I'm very conscious that it's his personal business, not ours, but I would say, it's not imagination. At risk of inviting an outbreak of jealousy, I was lucky enough to be face-to-face with him about 3 weeks ago, and he's thin. No indication that he's not fit and well, but then, they wouldn't tell me, would they?

5. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

WOW, you got to meet David Caruso! That's great! Knowing very little about the man's life, he now looks older on TV than he did when the show first came on. I think maybe stress is in his life and from what I understand, he tries to live a private life. I don't blame him. I also heard or read somewhere that he is try to raise two young children. That can take a toll on a man who is I think 57?

6. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Well, he is 10 years older than at the start, of course. His private life has tended to stay private for the last few years, after a lot of negative press. Can't blame him, and I think his real fans respect his privacy.

7. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

That is true. I know that one of the writers didn't want him to play Horatio Caine due to some things that happen on the set of NYPD Blue. I got to see him in "Kiss of Death" for the first time this year, and wow, he was younger then, and played the roll very well! If I was to get a chance to met him, I would treat him just like any other person in the world. Knowing me, I would tell him more about myself than ask him questions about CSI Miami or his past shows and movies he has been in! I would like to ask him about what music he like about the late 60's-early 70's of the Progressive Rock era. I know he likes the Beatles.

8. spencerreidfan

jimihendrix: He is 56, and a single father to a 6 year old son and 4 year old daughter.

daisymay: Congratulations on getting to meet him! Was it on the set of CSI?

9. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

spincer, thanks for the information on Mr. Caruso's Children. I'm not that much younger than him, but to me, it's like he raising kids all over again, and he should be a grandfather at age 56. I will be 48 soon, and I already am feeling like I am 50! I hope Mr. Caruso has plenty of help with the kids, teach them good morals and use good judgement!

10. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

I didn't even notice his weight loss so can't be too bad.

11. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Yes - they were filming Adam's episode. For the record, David's sweet, friendly and funny. And I was so stunned, I forgot to ask for a photo!

12. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

don't worry about the photo-the best thing is the memory and the 'real' impression of his personality and his smile...photos don't do the man justice! hmm, now I'm jealous!

13. spencerreidfan

You're so welcome! I never tire of talking about David, or Horatio :)

14. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Thanks for your account, daisymay. There's been so much negative press about David over the years, I'm sure he likes to keep his private life very close. It's nice to know he really does have fans out there that appreciate his work.

And to jimihendrix--did you ever see the movie Jade? He's pretty good in that, too. [​IMG]

15. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Hello,

I never got to see the move "Jade", but I'll go find it. Too me, getting to just shake David Caruso's hand would me more to me than a picture, a great milestone in life. We don't find too many good, honest, stars like Mr. Caruso, Mr. Rodriguez, Ms. Procter, nor Mr. Togo or Ms. LaRue anymore.

They all seem to be not stuck not themselves, live a life just like we do, and love each one of their fans.

This may sound a little harsh, but they are humans beings just like we are. They get up in the morning and get dressed everyday and go to work like many of us.

I know a man here in Nashville, who is a Country Artist in a group called "The Oak Ridge Boys". Many of you have seen William Lee Golden", the man with the long hair and beard. When I see him out in public, I say hello to him, and just treat him like he was my next door neighbor. He respects that! He dines sometimes at the mom and pop owned restaurants here, with the rest of us. He has a nice family and even though I am not much into Country Music, he has been a nice friend to me for 20 years.

I guess I wonder, why can't these silly people treat the starts as everyday people instead of acting like they are meeting Jesus.:confused:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012