Horatio/DC#14: Even heroes have the right to bleed

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:devil: :devil:
    There's a lot of truth in that, Lucy. But it's not exclusive to CSIM. Many of the long running shows seem to be similarly afflicted. I think TPTB either lose sight of their original storylines or think they'll replace them with a 'better yet' plot. That works ONLY if they return and tie up those loose ends.
    Goldfish, huh? Even that would be a promotion in their minds, it would seem.

2. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

Happy Birthday David!!!!!!!!

3. CSI_Andersen

CSI_Andersen Hit and Run

Happy B.day David!!!!! :D

4. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Happy Birthday David!!! Here's to many more! You're the best!!!! :cool:

5. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Happy Birthday, David!!!! Celebrate and Enjoy!!

6. horatiosangel

horatiosangel Lab Technician

Happy Birthday DC!!! :D

7. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Exactly. It takes less than a line to afford the audience a reference to past storylines and surely wouldn't interfere with current plots. I've been itching to know what happened to little Madison. It's a shame how storylines that have started from season one and on (ie: Madison/Suzie, Horatio/Yelina) are seldom resolved because of the writers' need to encorporate 'new' and 'fresh' ideas into the show.

I'm less interested in stories like Horatio's past with NY, but I'd be inclined to enjoy an episode where something tangible is brought up, for example, Suzie. It's a recognizable storyline in which we've invested time and interest. That's not to say I despise new ideas for Horatio, but like you said Luce, there's much need for a balance.

I tend to think the writers themselves are having the memory problem. :lol: And like inthewind stated, it seems to affect most shows--which is a damn shame. (Granted there are a few good shows left out there)

Also just a reminder to everyone: We have a Miami Stars Birthday Thread if y'all would like to post a quick birthday wish to Mr. Caruso. Not saying we can't do it here--quite the contrary but this doubles as a discussion thread as well. ;)

8. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

:lol: Agreed. We've often said that we have more idea of what has occured in Miami's past (it's 'canon', in the true sense of the word) than the writers do! Miami can, at times, successfully touch on the past (for example, 'Bang Bang Your Debt' with the appearance of Speed). Judging by the views of fans here, that episode was very appealing because it showed continuity and a healthy respect for Miami's canon. It made a very pleasant change.
    Exactly. Nicely put. :)

9. wibble

wibble Corpse

It's a shame to hear about all this lack of continuity. Being 2 seasons behind with Miami, I for one was hoping that we would see more of Suzie, Madison and Yelina later on. Unless there is some stuff with them involved still to come later on in seasons 4 and 5 that I don't know about.

I received my season 4 dvds on Saturday (finally! lol), though have only watched the opening episode "From The Grave" so far (I wanted to write in here about it before I continued with episode 2), and I have to say I really enjoyed it :D ........

*runs for the hills whilst ducking flying rotten tomatoes and other grim objects*

It still seemed like "old" S1-3 episodes with regard to H - we saw both his "action-hero" side with his gun, and his caring side with the woman who was attacked in the house. It was also nice to see H struggling emotionally, with his scenes at confession in the church. Shows us he's not just a robot who leads his team and can deal with everything he goes through each day.

One thing though, H looks more...erm, shall we say "old"? Maybe it's me but his wrinkles seem to show up more this episode. Or maybe it's just because I haven't watched the earlier seasons for a while and have forgotten how he looks close up, lol. Or it could be the naff lighting in their newly decorated laboratory, which incidentally, I don't really like. Looks like some sort of spaceship, and it has no character. And the ceilings are too high :p

I think one or two of the "effects" added to heighten suspense and tension were a little overdone, and perhaps not too necessary, but over all I really liked it :) *ducks again* and can't think of anything particularly negative to say about DC's performance, except his facial expressions in the scenes in the hospital after the woman was attacked were a teensy bit...below his usual standard? Or maybe I'm just nitpicking :eek:

10. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

We get to see Yelina again in Seasons 5 & 6, but we haven't seen Suzie and Madison since Season 3's 'Nothing To Lose'.

If memory serves me correctly, Season 4 started off fairly well. I still found it pretty unstimulating though. It's the latter half of the season that was really woeful - for me anyway. ;)

11. CSINEWYORK000

CSINEWYORK000 Lab Technician

Hey People! :D

Long time no see. Thought I'd drop by and wish "H" B-lated birthday!

c ya

12. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I didn't really care too much for the latter half of Season 4. It had some good moments I thought, but other than that I didn't think it was the best. Some episodes were ok. To me Horatio just wasn't as "human" as he should've been. I thought Season 5 was a little better than 4.

13. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

Hey wibbs nice to see u here. :D

So u got at last S4 DVDs. Yay for u. :) Hope u have good time with the epis. I didn`t remember most of them, but still can`t stop compare Miami lab with 'Star Wars' set. :lol:

14. mitzi

mitzi Prime Suspect

While we are on the topic of Suzie and Madison I thought I'd mention that the episode where Madison has cancer and Horatio tells Yelina was on tonight on Living in the UK.

I couldn't believe the difference in the quality of that episode and the ones we are getting now. There was such chemistry between Horatio and Yelina, even with Suzie. Everything about those relationships seemed so natural and not forced like they are (or were) with Marisol, Kyle etc.

Right now it seems like they are just conjouring up relationships for Horatio, no matter how unreal or fake they seem, just so he can have some kind of storyline.

Time to get back to basics me thinks.

15. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

^ I can`t agree more that back then in the time between Horatio and Yelina (even with Suzie) was such chemistry and the plot line make so much sense... also H look and act more human....the hope is still here coz Sofia Milos will come back in S6 for few more epis. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.