Grissom & Sara #30: Pin Me Down...But Not With a Mustang

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by chocolate_bunnys, Sep 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Re: Grissom & Sara #30: Pin Me Down...But Not With a Mustan

Oy vey! I leave for a bit and things go wonky!!

With just an hour and 20 minutes to go, I find myself getting incredibly giddy about this one. It's not just the GSR. I'm stoked about the cases as well, but I'm really excited to finally get a timeline. I know a lot of us have been wondering for a while when they got together and all that jazz, so this is the right way to go about revealing it, I think. Can't wait.

2. seattlegsrfan

seattlegsrfan Police Officer

Hey I can't remember if I saw the picture with the guitar case here or somewhere else. If it was here can whoever has it let me know.
    I can't believe its already been a week. Time has flown this week, so much work to do in the name of GSR & so little time. I watched Dead Dolls again while stuffing envelopes today & I swear to god I think the GSR is better every time. And Sara, man what a great job Jorja did. I can't imagine many actresses doing that for a character.
    I was thinking about what someone said about the shoe prints. If she rested for awhile after she escaped & the rain stopped her foot prints as she walked away would stay in the mud & then dry. And as the desert dryed out she wouldn't leave any more footprints.

3. butterflied08

butterflied08 Rookie

EEEEE!!! It was so cute when Ecklie was like "you were in a relationship..." and she was like "are". Hee hee hee. And when grissom was talking to Ecklie about it and he was like "where do you get your information about women conrad?" And Ecklie asked why Grissom hadn't told him and he was like, "we didn't want you to know" :lol: I LOVE IT

4. GSR_Sara_Gil

GSR_Sara_Gil Witness

thank you thank you

and episode is good so far
    but again i never feel they use Sara enough
    granted she is still recovering
    but i have thought througout the whole show they do not use her enough

here's hoping
    GSR rules

That was actually more sad than anything else. So who is on swing shift??? So no more Sara I think it would have made more sense for Gilbert to go to swing because they will always need him to consult abou tbugs but what no Sar aworking with Warrick or Catherine that sucks!!! Of course they had to do something but i wish Catherine could just do her evaluations that would have been beter!!! Or the writers are being really smart about GSR so that they can keep it going hte whole season.... wink

5. butterflied08

butterflied08 Rookie

SQUEEING!!! Aww that scene in the car was so cute! But the ending did NOT bode well at ALL...first of all, when she said she was moving to swing, I totally thought she was going to say she was moving to San Fran and I totally freaked out. And then when they were all driving and she was on the side...even my dad said it didn't have the right vibes for the future. AAAHH I DON'T WANT SAD LONELY SARA! I WANT LAUGHING HAPPY SARA!! God, life sucks, you know? Oh and at the very beginning when she said 2 years and they switched to the road footage, did anyone else think we were about to get a flashback? Cause I totally did and got all excited but...no

6. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Poll Time.

7. GSRfanatic25

GSRfanatic25 CSI Level One

bittersweet
    sad sara
    good gsr, could have been more/better
    sad sara
    cuteness but they're separating sara from the team and grissom
    sad sara
    i laughed, i squeed i cried...a lot
    sad sara...

8. onlyvegas

onlyvegas Victim

good episode. enjoyed all the casefile. anyone else see Hell's Kitchen where they went to a dine in the dark restaurant? thought that was a funny coincidence. anyway...not too happy about sara changing shifts. that could really suck. interactions with ecklie were good. i too fell for the flashback fakeout at the beginning. that head rolling was hysterical. great music choice. car scene was wonderfully sweet. definitely ready to cry by the end though. :(

9. Turtlebaby

Turtlebaby Police Officer

Re: Grissom & Sara #30: Pin Me Down..But Not With a Mustang

M'kay. Not 1am yet.

I cried. CSI made me cry. I just... just... dammit. I loved it, don't get me wrong. Two years? "We've always had a relationship." "Are" Damn I love them. But the ending - I CRIED! I am NOT a crier. I've never BEEN a crier. Cryer? Eh. TV isn't supposed to make me cry. Right now, in this moment, I HATE the fact that I'm so vested in this ship. Hate it with every ounce of my being. But at the same time I love it so much I could just smash it. xD Sarah Silverman makes me giggle. But Sara Sidle and her choked back happy/sad/angsty tears make me want claw someone's eyeballs out. *sigh*

And now I am going to go finish my Mojito and pass out before I choke on my tears. :( See? I need to stop watching this show. It's turning me into a lush. Wonderful.

That is all.

I just wanted to get it out there right now that if Sara leaves I won't be coming back here. Nor for a long long while anyways. Fucking TPTB. Yes, I'm a little drunk and a lot pissed off right now. And sad. I think I'm a depressed drunk with a temper. CSI ain't good for me no more. Please ignore the obsenities in this paragraph.

10. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

I watched the last 15, I'm confused.. when they were in the car talking about when they got together, were they confirming they'd been dating since school or what? I must have missed something else earlier on.. did they better explain things?

11. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Yes, that they had indeed been 'dating' since he was her teacher or professor, at a seminar, and he goes "you wore a pony tail" AHHH, how sweet that he remembered that! so he's been smitten with her, forever, and of course her as well, I loved the scene in the car, their so in tune, and the smiles and then together at the track, and she encouraged him "go on" and he did, and she smiled the whole time.. so beyond sweet, her man having his little boy fun ;) his comment to Ickly Ecklie. "Where do you get your info. about women Conrad" :lol: so 9 years, or 2 years HMMM. and if she's correct when did they consumate their relationship what ep was this? any ideas fans? on the poll, CUTE ;)

[​IMG]

12. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Copied from A La Cart thread:

As for the Gil/Sara stuff, I rather liked most of it, and found myself chuckling out loud at times. When Sara came in, there was a nice moment of everyone regarding her, happy to have her back, but almost completely aware of what it meant to have her back. She's got a new label to them, and it's one that they're going to have to get used to.

Ecklie seems to have gotten over all his past issues with Sara. I'm glad. They have a good onscreen chemistry either way, but it made it a lot more relaxed and casual.

I adore that Sara stated simply that they've always had a relationship. This is true. There was always something there, regardless of what you want to define it as or label it as. Grissom, himself, couldn't put a name to it in season 3, but he couldn't help but admit that he felt it. He knew it was there. In "Butterflied," it still bore no name, but "it" drove him crazy throughout the episode as he fought the battle the reality of the dead girl versus the scenario in his head inwhich he had lost, not a stranger, but the one woman he believed he could love.

I also like that she stated "are" instead of "were." Some people think she was being snide or rude, but I think that she was simply trying to keep things real. To say that they "were" in a romantic relationship would imply that it was over. And while disciplinary action would still be taken either way, Sara wants it on the record that they are still together, and that this is an active thing. They are not each other's pasts. They are each other's nows.

She remembers when they first got "intimate," which rather gave me a giggle coming from Ecklie! I love, though, that it was two years ago, though, as so many of us have speculated. Those of us in the GSR fandom have spent a lot of time trying to settle on a timeline that made sense for all the things were knew were cut out of scripts, or changed at the last minute because of unforseen circumstances, etc. To actually know that it happened two years ago makes it even more fun for us to go back through old episodes and see how certain scenes were played, and to see if we can make it work, or if the writers are just stretching to satisfy their imaginary timeline that never made it onscreen...

Anyway, on a Sunday. My husband always remembers those little details. It's nice that she remembers.

And Gil asserting that the relationship started nine years ago was just hilarious. I have to step back a second, though, and agree with Ecklie that Gil did not handle this situation well. Hold off! Don't bite my head off, yet! Yes, Sara's to blame as well, but please let me make my point!

See, there were ways around all this mess and having it come out the way it did. It's awful that it's happening, but it was preventable. I do wonder, sometimes, why Gil and Sara chose to keep it hush-hush, and knowing that there were alternatives makes the decision even more questionable. Yes, I know that the writers are trying to make it more dramatic, but I do question how that interlaces with what they've established for these two characters. I always assumed that them being together would be a violation and they would be subject to consequences no matter what. I never would have considered that Ecklie would make arrangements otherwise. However, in this scene, he's the controlled one, and Gil seems a bit... snippy.

I mean, while I admit I snickered at the comment when Gil asked Ecklie where he got his information on women since I believe we know his character is divorced, but Gil and Sara did have a choice, and could have avoided her moving to another shift if only they had sucked it up.

I'm still very conflicted on this part of the episode, and will probably have to meditate on it, further, before I come to a conclusion that makes sense within my own head, let alone one I can express to anyone else.

As for the scene in the car: I adored it. It was probably the most "couply" I've ever felt these character have been together. As they sat there in the car, he had to know what she said to Ecklie about their timeline, and while we don't get to see his face when he reacts to her reply, we see hers, and it cracks me up. I love that she finds his answer amusing and that she just laughs at him. See, it reminds me of me and my husband. We do things like that to each other all the time, and it just cracks both of us up.

I just loves how easy and relaxed they seemed with one another, and how he remembered that she had her hair in a ponytail that day. It just seems so sweet and romantic and relaxed. Yes, I said it, again. This scene felt very real and honest and just... human.

I love how she sobers first, asserting that she's going to swing. "We talked about this." He doesn't like it. He does not like the idea of her being the one to switch. He thinks he should be the one to go down, but she argues her case, and he decides to step back and let it be her decision. It hurts him, and you can tell he's not happy with it, but he loves her and he's going to let her make her own mind up. They talked it out and probably weighed the pros and cons, but she now sees things differently. She's being self-sacrificial in a way that she really shouldn't, but it ties into her personality. And Gil, trying to be a part of this couple thing, lets her make up her own mind.

In the go-kart place, Gil's watching, and he's willing to stay by Sara's side, but she wants him to have fun. She knows that, in a minute, she'd be out there if not for the cast. She'd be going round that track and having a blast, and she doesn't want to take that from her roller coaster loving sweetheart.

And so, she stands there, and as she does, the loneliness hits her. She wasn't prepared for it, but here she is, watching the entire team go round and round the track, enjoying their lives, smiling and laughing, and she's set apart. She's watching the show, and she's smiling when they look over, but she's not actually a part of it. It's a terribly beautiful metaphor for what she's going through in her life, right now.

These are her friends, her family, and now she's going to be on a shift without any of them. When the team split the first time she still had Gil and Greg and all the night lab people, but now she's going to be in a whole new world, and it's killing her inside. If the first episode of the season was about the team finding Sara and acting as a group to reach her, this is the episode where she starts to worry she's going to have to let them go, in a way.

Bear with me. I'm not saying she's never going to talk to them anymore, but there's this emotion that washes over you when you realize the people you've seen every day for the last seven years aren't going to be a part of your daily life anymore. Just a few weeks ago, a guy at my workplace left. He's a great guy with a wife and two kids, and he wanted to be with them more, and nobody blamed him. And while we all still stay in contact with him, it's not the same. And as he said his goodbye speech, he teared up, admitting that we'd all still be in touch, but that it wouldn't be the same thing as coming to work everyday, because the people there were his best friends, and he was used to having them in his life daily.

I've only known the man seven months, but I teared up.

Sara's on the outside now, to an extent. She's on a different shift. She's with different people. She just came through one of the most harrowing experiences of her life, and now she's stepping back and taking the brunt of the punishment for her and Gil's involvement. She loves him, and you can see her smiling at him when he looks her way, because she really loves him. You see her smiling at her friends when they wave. This is her family, and she doesn't want them to see her cry, but it's breaking her to feel like an outsider.

Someone else pointed out that she's on the outside "again." It's true, and I believe that's part of her reasoning for wanting ot be the one to switch... This team was together before she came along. She became a part of the team, she integrated, but now she's pulling herself out. And, it breaks your heart. When things like this happen, you start wondering if you were ever part of the team to start with. It's irrational and out of place, but pain will do a lot to the memory, sometimes. You start confusing what's real and what's perceived, and it's heart breaking.

And that's what worries me most for our dear Sara. I don't think she'll fall apart, since it's clear she's still able to laugh and smile, but I do think she's going to be aching for a long time, and I can only hope that she doesn't have to be as alone as she believes herself to be at this moment.

And... I could write a novel on this, so I better stop, but my heart is still breaking.

13. Turtlebaby

Turtlebaby Police Officer

I think Grissom just meant to say that their relationship started 9 years ago. Not necessarily a 'relationship relationship' but that lecture 9 years ago meant something to him because she was there and he loved her then. Even if it took him 9 years to realize it.

Somehow I'm thinking if they'd been dating for 9 years then Sara's answer to the 'intimate' question would have been something closer to '8 years 9 months'. xD Because seriously, I can't imagine them dating for 7 years before they had sex. Yeah, you heard me. Sex.

And I love how they just... talk. Even Grissom's awkward silence wasn't... as awkward this time.

Yes, this is me attempting to enjoy these precious moments.

Even though I know that TPTB are just giving us GSR to give them a reason to be rid of Sara. If I can keep Sara, TPTB can keep their GSR.

*sobs*

Al, you rock my socks. I'm too tired to say anything else right now. Besides, you don't want me quoting that up and attempting to respond when I've been drinking. But it was beautiful.

Now I really am going.

That is all.

14. seattlegsrfan

seattlegsrfan Police Officer

Ah, Alyssa, after a few rough days around here you remind me of why I like this site. I was starting to wonder.
    Very well writen. It helps me to clarify things in my own mind. When Sara was standing on the sidelines looking on, it was so sad. I'm almost scared to see what will come next. I don't want our GSR castle to come tumbling down. But the part in the car was so good. Although I still haven't figured out all of that dialogue yet. But with these two actors you barely need dialogue. They can just look at the camera or each other & you can read it on their faces & in their eyes.

15. GSR_Sara_Gil

GSR_Sara_Gil Witness

I have to say this episode was very sad. It makes me so worried about Sara.
    But i want to give a little glimmer of hope.
    In a way it opens a lot of doors for GSR though. It keeps the tension and drama going which has to stay for CSI to keep the ratings.
    Remmber Jorja Fox said that she loved the twists and turns and wants to know where it is going.
    By having Sara be the one to now take the punishment, you can have her bad past come back to her mind this also fits in with the trauma that just happened to her. Maybe her nightmares come back so she can start to deal with her past.
    In addition I think Gilbert will continue to feel guilty about her taking the punishment he knows this team is the ONLY family she has ever had. I think this will eat him up.
    He is already feeling guilty for not handling it better, look how out of character he was with Ecklie. Sara was calm she KNEW she was going to take the punishment. GILBERT KNEW she was so that i think is part of the reason he wanted it secret.
    I think Gil will be there for Sara when they go in to her past but i also think by hte end of the season he will step down as supervisor and Warrick or Catherine will take over.

Now about the episode
    The car scene was the best
    i tis funny i think Sara has more power in the relationship than Gil but in a good way

I want more they could have done one flashback come on
    I love that sara said Sunday that was almost better than 9 years ago
    I think it was after Committed because all the little hints later in that season in Iced and Grave Danger.

Got to say i hope Sara is back on cases soon
    i still think no one does them better that Sara Sidle and Jorja Fox
    i cry no more cases with our geek mind meld that was one of the best aspects of the show

On an aside Sara and Grissom have been it for each other for 9 years and yet when they do cases they are in sync unaware of their chemistry which makes it all the MORE sexy they know they are the ones for each other
    this is untraditional in TV
    when you watch Warrick and Catherine it is all sex they want each other but dont know the other stuff which is traditional TV
    so again this is why GSR rules
    It was just sad ruined my weekend. I think the team will feel her loss to swing or i will be very mad.

In addition keep the faith
    Sarah Goldfinger wrote this episode and she LOVES Sara Sidle and writes the best episodes for her

Again Billy and Jorja love this couple have fought for them
    and they are amazing they do not need words

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.