Grissom and Sara #36 A Love Story

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sharp52092, Jan 23, 2013.

1. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

How sad to have ended it this way, when it didn't have to end at all. I think the writers didn't know how to handle it, so they killed it. Easiest thing for them to do, yet hardest for the fans. Did Jorja really approve of this? That thought makes me sad, as well.

I'm disappointed beyond words, but I'll get over it, and move on from CSI. Any desire I had to follow the show died tonight.
    Just so, so sad, and pointless, and completely illogical.

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I think the best we can do is hope it isn't the real end, that they'll fix it. But I get why it's not fun to watch anymore.

3. kiwi_fruit

kiwi_fruit Dead on Arrival

I might be in denial but after initial shock I'm starting to think that maybe not all is said and done yet... You are right- the D-word was not mentioned and Sara was wearing the ring all through the episode. Whichever way, they couldn't have got divorced so quickly. Whether it's coming.. Sara's in a dark place again and that's truly sad. I found the kissing pictures really unnecessary, it was like rubbing salt into the wound.
    One thing I do know is that GSR we know and love would've never ended up this way and the geeks would've never given up on each other.
    jafox, FWIW, according to Jorja herself in yesterday's twitter chat she mentioned that she'll always be committed to GSR.

4. MacsGirlMel

THe only question I now have is, what about that line she said to DB, the "The truth is..." line? I didn't know it was there until it was on CSI's Facebook page this morning.

5. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

^^ "The truth is, he isn't my husband anymore."

So that does imply divorce, however I recall her saying they split. I definitely do not think that they, as of right now, have a full blown divorce.

Jorja said in an interview yesterday (before the episode aired) that "all roads lead back to Grissom". So this has me believing that this will be their final blow out before they realize that they want to make their relationship work, and be together, rather than be apart.

I think they're both on separate roads to happiness, and maybe it will take a little while before those roads fully cross, without forcing it. I think the age difference may have something to do with that, along with the distance. I think Sara truly tried to make this work, but I'm not fully convinced that Grissom did. And that really breaks my heart :(

6. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

Come on girls (and guys out there), they wouldn't end it this way! They can't end GSR without both of them being in the same episode (either dead or alive). I don't know if they got the ratings they aimed for, but they stirred the fans a lot with this episode.

Sara kissing another guy, as OOC as it may be, shows how vulnerable and depressed she is right now, not that she's trying to move on. It started with hugging Doug more than she meant to, then it escalated to kissing that guy.

They show us Grissom being distant in every possible meaning of the word and we deserve an answer, but it may take a very long time before we get it. One of the things I don't like at all with their approach is how they want to make us dislike Grissom. This isn't Grissom. What with talks of Lady Heather reappearing (I hope somebody kills her this time, I didn't mind her so far but now I do).

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  7. kiwi_fruit

I have a horrible feeling they're enjoying the reactions and feeling quite self-satisfied. And having way too much fun on facebook and twitter with the hashtags.
    And I hate myself for caring so much about this ship, but it's the one that I have so many fantastic memories about, GSR touched me like no other ship ever before and the idea of the writers being able to just..crush it like this..mercelessly..within a single episode..makes me mad. and then some:(
    At the moment I just feel like losing myself in a good fanfic and forgetting about the last episode/CSI altogether and maybe with a cautious glimmer of faith hope that the geeks WILL get through this before all is said and done. They were meant to be.

8. MacsGirlMel

I still don't think it's an "end it in a single ep" thing. It's too big a storyline for that, and plus we have the stuff Jorja said as well.

9. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I'd like to believe it's not the end. After reading that comment from Liz Devine, though, I think if it were up to the current writers it would be over. They can't seem to leave well enough alone with this pairing. Yes, GSR grew up on angst throughout the course of the show, but I think we all believed they were past that. The writers seem to want to regress their characters in order to make conflict and drama. Everyone is getting tired of it; GSR fans and non-GSR fans. And those who don't care one way or the other are probably just confused.

Another thing that bugs me is that the writers seem to think we have no imagination. GSR was built on subtlety; subtle looks and comments. We are good at imagining that Sara is with Grissom when she is not at work; that over the summer she and Grissom are off to parts unknown. Now they want to take it all away, rob us of even our imaginations and rewrite their story. It's sad and even cruel. Let Grissom and Sara live their lives in peace, please. It's all we GSR fans have ever wanted.

I know I'm getting a little weird, but this hurts.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  10. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

I don't see why on earth Devine would make such a comment. First she blames WP for not returning then says Sara deserves someone better (why does she have to be with someone anyway?). Then we have CSI Writers' twitter saying "what makes you think GSR is over?". Seems to me they're playing with the fans and enjoy the attention. Maybe they want to see how many people watch for Sara herself or for GSR only and this might have an impact on JF's future in the show. They know they can't end GSR so they're creating a temporary cloud of doubt for their own sake.

11. MacsGirlMel

Ill be happy as long as we get a better end. The tweet makes me hope a bit more

12. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

That tweet gave me some hope, but they're playing it. They're revelling in our misery. Yes, it's just a show but it's like they're mocking us for what we don't know. All CSI related tweets have hashtags to start debates and so forth.

That comment by Devine was incredibly crass and a tad unprofessional. She not only dismissed hope, she dismissed the entire story line. Realistically, we know WP isn't coming back. A cameo would be nice, but we hope for nothing more. That by no means that you crush every hope a fan base has because an ageing actor wants more time with his family. I feel like this creates an immense pressure for WP and she almost blames the entire story decline on his departure.

After WP departed, the writers could have gone anywhere; if they're in a hole right now, they dug it themselves.

I am extremely unimpressed with her comments.

13. MacsGirlMel

It still doesn't,mean the ship is over. I do think they enjoy this too much though.

14. kiwi_fruit

I so SO wish this was true. But I have to admit, some time ago I genuinely never would've imagined they'd kill off one of the main actors on the show and we know how that ended up.
    What does give me some hope though- along with the tweets from the writers- is the fact that maybe they've orchestrated this "break up"- but without mentioning the D-word, not getting rid of ring etc to gauge people's reaction and generate outrage(which they've certainly achieved). If that's the case they know by now that GSR DOES have a strong support, even on facebook(which surprised me) . If it makes them think twice that's already something.

15. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

Yes, the support on social media has surprised me too. Before this episode's announcement there were hardly any posts about them on the internet and suddenly there are new ones every day. And I agree, it's very likely they handled the episode in a way that they're neither divorced nor together to get responses. You can even tell by this forum's episode thread views how much people care. Ruining GSR equals ruining 9 years of CSI LV, the original cast, the main character who attracted millions of viewers around the world, it'd be such a creative suicide that I can't consider it as a possibility one bit. My brain can't accept it and I can usually accept any kind of creative stupidity. They'll be together even if it takes the last episode of the series 5 years later.