Grade 'Identity Crisis'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, Apr 1, 2011.

?

How would you grade Identity Crisis?

1. A+

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  2. A

8 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. A-

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  4. B+

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  5. B

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  6. B-

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  9. C-

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

First episode of the month! Give it a watch and let us know what you thought. :cool:

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Dangit, writers! Way to miss a great chance to have Mac talk about Reed. It would have been cool, even though it's different, to have him go "Well, I do have a stepson...he's a college kid and I only met him about two years ago, but he's already given me my share of trouble." I hope he talks about it a little while they eat.

I fear some may complain about the software hijinks but it made me laugh.

I still wanna know why they used Elliie as a name a second time...I know, not the same show, but still...(although Jo chatting with Brass would be cool. "Hey...you dont' have anything to worry about. I don't think yours is in danger of turnin' out like mine, anyway.")

3. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

I don't know but I didn't feel tonight's episode. I had been waiting for a new CSI NY but I was pretty bored. However, I am not feeling too good so that didn't help things.

The victim was a pretty loathsome woman but I also didn't feel for the killer. They keep going down this "kill the villain" theme and it gets old.

Also the scene with Adam, Lindsey and Danny was annoying. How many times will they play the "Scared of Mac" ploy? Be professional, I'm all about being happy and goofy at work, but don't act scared of the boss man.

Mac/Jo stuff is also a bad road. The teasing to me isn't flirty more awkward. But as my twitter bud Major_Hutch rightly observed. I just want Mac for myself lol.

Overall I feel like I would've been better off watching a season 4 episode.

Final thoughts: The murder weapon was seriously freaky and I hate masks.
    And I think next week's show will be better.

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

The episode wasn't bad, but it was a bit too slow-paced. The case should have been more exciting in order to balance out all of the exposition in the personal storyline. But I did enjoy Jo's storyline - Jo's my boo, I love her. DJE and the actor that played Tyler were a bit wasted, but I'd like to see them both come back down the road if the show gets an eighth season.

I don't want to see Jo get back with Russ, but I do like their relationship. Even if the marriage wasn't the right thing for them, they can still be close. I was a bit surprised that they got divorced so long ago - if she adopted Ellie after the divorce, they've been apart for at least a decade. That does explain some of their closeness, though, if they kept things civil between them for Tyler's sake.

The scene with Mac at the end was nice, but it felt a bit tacked on and forced. I like the relationship that's developing between them, and I don't necessarily mean in a romantic sense. I wouldn't be opposed to that, personally, but seeing them develop a strong platonic bond is just as interesting to me (if not more so).

The scene in the lab with the age progression software and whatnot started out funny, but it went on a bit too long.

As for the case itself, they didn't really flesh out the victim at all, and I probably only felt a connection to the killer because he was on Trauma (and I was one of 5 people who watched that show :lol:). I did feel bad for him because of what the victim did, but he killed someone, so...

The murder weapon was interesting - it sounds pretty hardcore. :wtf:

5. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Too much drama for me. LOL at Adam! :guffaw: That's one of the funniest scene this season!

A-

Next week's episode looks funny and uhm explosive!!!

6. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I thought it was pretty good. I enjoyed watching it. I thought the scene with the age progression software was pretty funny.

I didn't mind the Jo/Ellie/family storyline all that much actually. I thought it was actually pretty well done, although I think Jo should lay off Mac about having kids.

I gave it a B+ this week.

7. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

8. Country233

yeah because most times they realize they threw their lives away in the first place. The lecture gets old. On Miami this season they have also been killing off loathsome types but catching some of them too I guess.

All in all the episode last night just left me wanting more.

9. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

t was not my fav Episode. Jo's stepdaughter was beautiful. Jo's try to catch Mac was inappropriate. I hope them do not do again a soap opera of the nice serial.

10. Rebel12

Rebel12 Victim

I liked it. It kept me interested, even if I knew from the very first scene that the 'old man' was not an old man. 'He' walked wrong (which I'm sure the cane was meant to mask) and was the wrong build -- I figured it was a woman dressed up right away. Still, I was intrigued by who the 'killer' was and what the weapon was, so I stayed interested. I like Jo, so it was a good episode for me on that storyline as well. Not a lot of levity to this one, for obvious reasons, but I thought the 'age progression software scene' was nicely timed to break up the episode -- though I think it would have been better without the showing each other up in front of Mac angle (Adam it's in-character for, but Lindsay and Danny? They both seem pretty comfortable with Mac so it was a bit odd, imo).

Really tiny thing that I loved (for some reason) -- the wink Danny gave Jo after questioning Ellie about what she saw. That, and in the scene with Adam and Lindsay, when he said 'I wouldn't look' there was this expression on his face that was somehow perfect. Like I said, tiny things, but I loved them. Bigger thing I loved -- Harvin Garrity, or rather, the actor who played him. I don't know who he is, but I thought he did very well in his scenes.

Overall, I give it an A- because I agree that the 'victim is a bad guy too' stuff is getting a bit too regular.

11. CSINYADDICT99

CSINYADDICT99 Hit and Run

I for one absolutly loved this ep. Definatly my fav of the season. I laughed at the scene with Adam, danny, lindsey and mac and rewatched it three times and still fell off my chiar. AJ and carmine are so funny together. I liked the storyline and the plot was good. I was also very impressed by ellie performance and i loved the end scene. A great ep and i hope for more of them.
    x

12. tobinhr

tobinhr Hit and Run

B-

Two distractions: Sabrina and Ellie.....

I didn'r figure out the whole plot, but I knew the old man was a woman. At first, I thought it might be Ellie...

And Ellie is 12? At first I thought the actress was too old to be playing a 15-year old. And then she was 12... Also, the timeline seemed off to me. I thought Jo moved to NYC soon after her divorce, but it seems she's been divorced for at least a decade.

They should have made Ellie alot younger. The plot would have been even more believable if Ellie were 8 or 9--and looked it.

And please....Flack....you used to be so hot. Now you just look slicked back and greasy. :shifty:

Tobin

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

According to IMDB Sydney Park, who plays Ellie, is 13. She won't be 14 until October.

14. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

I like the storyline they are doing with Jo. Although I didn't like her at first and I wish Stella actually had a formal "goodbye" episode, I am warming up to her. Future relationship between her and Mac...maybe?! :lol:

15. Country233

Hmm, I figured she was older than that. Some African American kids look older for their ages.