Grade 'Hung Out to Dry'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Oct 11, 2006.

1. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

HEY, I'm new to watching CSI NY
    but this was a GREAT ONE! I loved the t-shirts
    the creepiness of the secret messages
    and that everyone worked together
    That was Edward Furlong, right? He did a great job being that... 'creepy'
    I LOVED IT!!! Grade : A
    **HI MACSGIRLMEL** :D

2. Tishme3

Tishme3 Witness

I love Greek Mythology and to have it incorporated into CSI:NY episode, 'Hung Out to Dry'...was sorta mind boggling! ...everyone looked nice or very comfortable in their roles...and Gary Sinise reminds me of Garrett ('Hawaii Five-O')...oh my,...Hill Harper...he looked incredibly handsome...my heroe! ...and Shane better watch his back...better not lay a finger on Hill, er, Dr. Hawkes...'cause we FANgirls, etc. got Dr. Hawkes covered, uh..., protected that is! :) Grade: A

3. allieluv_csi

allieluv_csi Lab Technician

A+...FIRST OF THE SEASON!!!

I really loved this eps. even though there was no d/l, this eps. really kept me tuned in. i was very impressed, Hammerbacks line.."off with her head." LOVED IT.

Ok the second dead guy w/the RR spikes in his head.WOW!!!! No WORDS.. the thing i really loved were pretty much all of Flacks lines. and everytime they found a victim it felt like the way they were murdered was totally crossing the line. i didnt think they would show that. Which made it so much better! have to say the wisper..REALLY CREEPY!!!!!!!this entire case just scared the hell outta me.

Flack'n' danny chase scene FREAKIN HOTT!!! lots of hammerback and Stella. this case totally kept me guessing till the end! and all that spining around macs head made me really dizzy.and btw MAC IS A FREAKIN GENIUS!!! when i found out bout hawkes i screamed. "OH MY GOD!!HAWKES OH JESUS!!OH MY JESUS!!!"

Wow CBS. Great puzzle really made me appreciate CSI NY agian..

P.S thanks for letting us know Danny can jump across nyc like none other

Allie

4. catwarfan

catwarfan Police Officer

A+++

Asolultely loved this episode :D :D :D. I was fascinated from the start to finish. But how could I not be very Da Vinci Code and CSI ? My two favorites melded together perfectly. I was in heaven watching this episode and putting the puzzle together. I figured that kodecon was an anagram and I got that part about dock no. I didn't have a clue what QN was about but figured it was about a case of some sort that went the wrong way. Even figuring it out was fun along with the show with each shirt adding a piece of the puzzle. I love mythology and symbols so the shirts were very cool. My favorite moment was Mac processing all the information and the codes swirling around him. That was such a cool scene. I hope this character comes back. Bravo to the writers. If CSI NY is more like this I will be hooked for good.

Take Care,
    Dayna

5. kasmith101

kasmith101 Rookie

I was watching with my husband last night, and for once he was interested in the show. :eek: He was laughing hysterically at the "don't call me bro" bit from Flack.... and the t-shirts, right up his little geek alley.

When they uncovered the silkscreen press, hubby who's a printmaker/artist/all-round geek was like "Dude, that's a bad-ass clamshell press. It looks like an authentic... (blah blah blah)" I had to tell him to shut it cuz I was watching. ;)

But the most entertaining part of watching with the Mr. was when the railroad spike scene happened. Here's how it went:

Mr. kasmith101: Sweet. If I was going to be a serial killer, that's how I'd do it. Ya know, how bad ass is that? Railroad spikes thru the eye sockets and then put his eyeballs in his little pants pocket. Man, I'd just like to f*** with people's world like that.

Me : Umm, honey. Since we're tight and all.... mind letting me know before you start the serial killing? Creepy

Awkward silence ensues.

CSI:ny, bringing couples closer. :D

6. Dantana

Dantana Victim

All the great one-liners last night, Give the writers an A. Especially Flack, he can be so funny in the height of gore. Speaking of gore, I wish would use the theory of "Less is More". The close-ups were just too much!
    As for the storyline, good idea. I like the fact of a returning bad guy. Just who this bad guy is going to go after is another story. My money is on Danny. As soon as he gave that guy his card, I thought trouble would be coming his way. The acting in the car between Danny, Flack and our new bad guy was outstanding. Who knew Eddie could act so well with out saying a word. I loved the ending music and images on the internet. You knew what was coming and yet the viewer was still interested.
    I still think that Lindsay's character is the closest protrayal of a real CSI on television. I love to watch all forensic shows on TLC, A&E, Court tv, etc. and not one of them ( no offense ) comes close to looking, acting, or dressing like Stella, Sara, or Calleigh. CSI is going a little different with the Lindsay character and I like it. She is cute in a different way and uses her brain more than anything else.

7. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

I, too, watch many Forensic shows on all channels, but don't think any of those CSIs have the personality of cardboard.

None of the CSI's on the show are an accurate portrayal of what they're really like: CSIs don't investigate murders, interrogate suspects, etc ... they just look for the evidence. The CSI guys that we know and love are more PIs. I think the most accurate representation of anyone on the shows are the coroners.

Albiet, the shows are great for entertainment and as they invoke thought (unlike most programs now), I hope they stay around for as long as possible.

8. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

It's a TV show so there's no way the CSI's would be an accurate portrayal. That wouldn't make for a very exciting show. :rolleyes: I'm not really sure where TPTB are going regarding Lindsay's choice of clothes but IMO, she couldn't pull off Stella or Calleigh's way of dressing. :(

I gave this episode an A+. Huge improvement from last week. Danny was finally back to his old self and he and Flack were amazing. Chemistry just oozes from these two. They work so well together. I'm glad there was no DL interaction this week. Actually, there wasn't much of Lindsay at all.

The Danny/Flack scenes. :devil: I do believe Flack was checking out Danny's ass when they were in the Shane's apartment. :eek: He just can't help but stare. When they were going down the fire escape, I just about lost it when my shipper mind picked up on Danny's "Keep going down Flack". Then when Flack tackled Shane and Danny tackled Flack in an attempt to cuff the bad guy, I thought Flack would be in some kind of pain. :confused:

The scene in the squad car was really good. Flack never had to say a word but Danny knew he was there for him. I just love how Danny calms down when he's with Flack. Flack's like Danny's anchor to reality. He keeps him grounded. There's no doubt in my mind now that Danny was definately there for Flack's recovery. ;) If not, there would be tension between them.

Did anyone else notice that Danny and Flack kept disappearing throughout the episode? I can only speculate as to where they were. :p Here's hoping for more Danny/Flack scenes throughout the season.

I'm a little concerned about Hawkes now. Is he still in danger? Will he still be Shane's next target? :(

I must say they never seem to amaze me. The opening scene with the headless woman hanging on the ceiling fan...never saw that before. :eek: The guy staked through the eyes to the tree was bad enough but then finding his eyeballs in his pocket, didn't see that one coming.

Great episode. I love to see the whole team working one case every now and then. :D

9. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm surprised you didn't notice, or didn't mention, that after Danny and Flack turned Shane over to the uniforms that they were standing so close together that they were touching. Even I noticed that! I didn't notice anything that looked like Flack checking out Danny's ass though. I'm sure you'll be able to look forward to some new stories spun off from this ep, huh? I have a friend who has written some D/F fic. I wonder if she will write anything... right now she's working on a Don Flack and Angie Watson story.

10. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

hiding, that scene didn't need me to mention it. :p Everybody saw that and has commented on it. Besides, Flack can't help but get close to Danny. :rolleyes: I go for the "not so obvious".

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Oh, sorry about that, 1CSIMfan, I had just read thru the whole thread and didn't see anyone mention it. I just thought it was a cool moment between them, after having done the whole scene together. It's always fun to see them working together. They are my two favorite characters, Flack first and then Danny. So I do notice things like that. :)

12. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Who's Angie Watson? I forgot.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

She was in the episode "Live or Let Die" about the doctor who had the donor liver hijacked for his sick wife. Flack questioned her about the gun that was used in the hijacking.

14. Star4CatESPChick

Star4CatESPChick Police Officer

I had to give the episode an A. The coded messages in those T-Shirts were creepy and awesome at the same time. It was a strange episode overall.

15. CSI_Chic

CSI_Chic Police Officer

It was a really good eppy. When they found the dead girl in the beging was kinda gross. I don't have a high tolerance of grossness but CSI has help me out alot. every now and then i still get grossed out.

I like the visual effects. Like when Mac was looking at all the shirts and putting all the clues together. The circling was a little nausyating. :lol:
    It was nice that we found out something more about Mac. The fact that he partyed was kinda funny. He doesn't seem like the partying type anymore. :lol: