Gilbert <3 Cathy #26: PureJoy--Layout Room. Right Away!!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by mj0621, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csiemily

csiemily CSI Level One

Re: Gilbert <3 Cathy #26: PureJoy--Layout Room. Right Away!!

i dont know if that's possible. they've ruined GC. they've ruined their chemistry. i would LOVE it if they AT LEAST gave back Grissom and Cath's friendship. Like, their little jokes and everything. The TPTB have ruined that with some other ship's relationships too. i'm just hoping season 8 will be more like the other days. KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED!!

2. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

Yeah... I think they'd find that we'd get better ratings with GC than GSR. Plus, they look better together. But, then again, I'm totally biased. Haha.

3. GraveyardIntern

GraveyardIntern Pathologist

Yes, I'm asian, MJ. :)

Didn't someone actually have some evidence as to the ratings for the show when it was G/C and when it was GSR? I remember seeing some hard numbers to chew on. :lol:

Yeah, I remember a lot of TV Guide polls where they had Grissom/Catherine as the pairing for CSI (probably the valentine's one), and...it was quite obvious there were a lot of us. I just don't understand where TPTB are looking when say talk about fan reactions and things like that...I'm guessing they do come on TalkCSI, since they have had interviews with them and the actors as well....just don't get it. Just hope it's all part of a master plan to get G/C together in the end. :p

4. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

mj, I was referring to the Japanese music thread in the misc forum when I was talking about the J-pop thread. :)

I remember the Valentine's poll. Our pairing ended up at either the third or the fourth place in the poll which had like ten or twelve pairing listed. So I'd say the PureJoy fans did quite well. And I do believe that there was a reason why TV Guide chose this pairing to be the one for CSI when some viewers claimed that the current canon relationship was *insert whatever they said about it*. Hmm maybe they saw what we saw, too? And the title of the poll was The Big Tease. lol. I loved that. Actually we had it as the title of one of our old threads. :lol:

And Gravy, I'm so with you on that last one!

5. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

The Big Tease... :lol: That's so adorable! I really wish that CathJoy were canon instead of GSR and I wish that they were never split apart--because time apart literally makes me so upset! :( I mean--without G/C, CSI would be nothing and they're the best when they are together... I just--why can't they be together...?
    Sorry for the whining, but things are just amazing when they are together. :( I'm sad again...

6. mj0621

mj0621 Pathologist

nobody should be sad *hugs Kissme* i know what you feel *sniff* ive been feeling that since s5... -_-

purejoylove lmao! i totally agree...then again..we ARE biased :p

GraveyardIntern cool. :D can I know where? numbers are totally on our side :lol: lots of polls lots of proof. nuff said. ;)

Erica ooh! that one! :p lol i got it. sorry.

if it IS a tease, it's one BIG one i tell ya... -_-;

7. JangoBear

JangoBear Lab Technician

My god *rubs eyes* was that Gil and Cath actually walking together and discussing the case? :eek: :eek: :eek: *rubs eyes again* They had maybe two, three minutes togther? I thought that had been outlawed in the new CSI/GSR Constitution: It is unlawful for Gil Grissom and Catherine Willows to be seen together for more than three minutes otherwise the non-chemistry relationship of GSR would be exposed for the sham it is.

Must be my imagination. :rolleyes:

8. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Honestly I really don't want to see any relationship cannon on CSI. I like the back-and-forth flirting that Cath and Gris did in the earlier seasons. Somehow that got dropped... *sigh* :(

I said this in the Ship Debate Thread that working together as a close-knit group that they are, they get to know each other. They are there for each other, etc... so it's normal to turn to someone who knows exactly what you see everyday.

Anyway I'd rather see Grissom and Catherine's one-liners, flirty, fun interaction with Marg's and Billy's facial expressions doing the taking instead of what is going on now!

9. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

I got my S6 Part 1 dvd today, while couped in bed, ill (boo hiss) I watched the first two dvds (8 eps lol) and my god, they still had SO MUCH screen time together and jeez, that was only LAST SEASON! Makes me laugh in a way because it's so obvious that GSR is the reason they don't share screentime anymore.

ETA - Has anyone read any of the CSI novels? The guy who writes them seems to like Griss & Cath together too. Heres 2 quotes from the book I loved!

Cath:[To Gil, about a film he's just discussed with a police officer] Well, lets hope we survive so we can rent it sometime.

And just another quote from the text after Cath has just finished summerizing a case.
    "Grissom, tired of talking nodded to Catherine who filled Lopez in. When she'd finished -a consise and accurate account that Grissom admired."

Love this book lol!

10. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

I read those books... haven't read that one yet, apparently. Definitely need to.

Was pretty happy when I saw G and C together-- even if it was just for a minute or two. Sooo hot.

(Hey, I'm Asian too! :cool: Partayyy!)

11. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

The CSI books do usually have great GC interaction, just like the stuff we love from the first four seasons on screen - the little back-and-forth comments.

If I remember correctly, in the latest book, we got a bit of our lovable "Tough Cat" in helping the team to "get out of there alive". That was cool.

12. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

I'm just giving up hope on TPTB, just watched *those* promos, just thank the lord for Fanfic.

I read a teaser in Snake Eyes for a story starting off with Brass, Cath & Gil, my fave 3 people! It was about Brass' first proper case, something about a CASt killer or something. Sounded good. They should employ the author, he seems to have an idea of what the G/C friendship is all about!

13. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I read Binding Ties and Killing Game I think the writer does have more of Cath/Gris pairing than Gris/Sara.
    The books, to me, are like an episode and they are well written. :) You can see the 'spark' between Gris and Cath in the books that is sadly lacking in the show :(

14. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I just wanted to let you guys know that no matter what TPTB do to the show, or how they kill it, I'm NOT giving up on PureJoy.

I'll always be writing it, and even if TPTB can't get it right, I sure as hell can. I have a lot of ideas and they show no sign of slowing down.

Go PureJoy!

BTW, meet my Cath and Gil Sims. Currently G and C are slow dancing:

[​IMG]

15. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

^^ Haha, cute bed! :) Very cute! I love that they are dancing, honey! So glad that you showed us!
    Awww, *Hugs mj back!* It really does suck, I mean--we had like TWO minutes this episode of them together.

HOW CAN TPTB DO THIS TO US?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.