Eric & Calleigh #38 - Because "IT" Keeps Happening

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Jessica237, Mar 7, 2010.

?

Thread Titles?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2010.
  1. Because "It" Keeps Happening

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Looking Forward to Cute Little E/C Babies

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. It's Meant to Be

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Because They Just Can't Stay Away From Each Other

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. True love never dies

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Your Place or Mine?

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Now and Forever

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vignes[smallgir

vignes[smallgir Hit and Run

[​IMG] why this thread quit only !!! any e/c news guy's

2. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

^ I know right? EVEN the dislike thread is buzzing almost everyday of the week and what's there to talk about that you hate something? Lol, I guess everyone's one vaccation, or busy or just because the spoilers haven't popped up yet. I think filming starts this month, if not already, so probably soon.

3. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Well, it's always easier and more fun to moan or rant about something ;) that's why the dislike thread pops up frequently.
    Besides, we still have no official spoilers about our couple, even though the ones we have give us some hope. We'll see.

4. vignes[smallgir

[​IMG] couldn't agreed more to you kala &chear [​IMG] i was wonder why this thread so so so quieted , i guess when we get our couple spoiler then[​IMG] this thread got heat up
    [​IMG]

5. vignes[smallgir

[​IMG]i hope all our wish for our couple come true[​IMG] on season 9[​IMG]come on it going be season 9[​IMG]their still make us wait and wait [​IMG]

6. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

I'm no mod, but I'm going to go ahead and suggest that maybe it's a good idea if we'd not discuss what happens in the EC dislike thread, whether it be activity level or content, just out of respect for those guys. It always seems to come across slightly venomous and since there are EC shippers who read the dislike thread, I'm going to wager a guess that there may be a couple of non-fans who might look in on this thread for the same reasons - plus it tends to fire some of us up too and our thread shouldn't be angry, lol :D. Plus it's a bit off-topic anyway, and even though it's slow in here, we don't really want the mods to have to police the thread again. ;)

As for the quietness, it's natural, it always happens in the summer hiatus. Give it time. ;)

(lol, this is season nine coming up, right??) For me, it's just enough to know that Calleigh will be back. That's all the spoiler I need right now. :D

Ooh, very good point, electra. I didn't think of that one. The fact that Calleigh was able to forgive him was definitely huge, considering that this is the second time he's kept something huge from her (the first being all the backstory of his birth - the living at the motel, seeing his father, playing around with the Russians after she told him it was a bad idea). Considering Calleigh's trust issues, I think she'd have to be completely committed to Eric to be able to forgive him as easily as she did the second time. Especially considering that both times nearly got him killed. Not really sure that's something Calleigh would want to stick around for if she wasn't entirely committed to Eric (I'm not going to say love until we hear it), considering the worrying and wondering she said she couldn't do anymore with Jake (and the lies and secrets he kept from Calleigh too). Different, considering the circumstances, but you know when she found out Eric was playing undercover (and not with her :lol: lol sorry I had to ;) ) that there had to be flashes of Jake in her head, a bit of fear that she was getting into the same thing again. I think it definitely says a lot that Cal was able to let all that go and forgive Eric like she did, clearly wanting to move forward with him and let her regain her trust in him. :D Hopefully TPTB stop trying to kill them for a little while and Calleigh does get to trust him completely again. :D

7. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

The defining moment for me would be "Backfire". Here you could see that Eric's being in that ep was solely for Calleigh, flying/driving all the way from Tampa just to be by her side. *
    *That scene in Cal's hospital room was so sweet especially the look in Eric's eyes *- a deep concern for his girlfriend.

I have to agree with you Jessica about Bad Seed being a significant moment in this relationship because it showed us Calleigh's vulnerability - putting herself out there & wanting reassurance that there is still an "us" . This is a huge step for Calleigh considering how she succeedingly hides or controls her emotions in the past.

Trust has been the bone of contention in this relationship that is why I am so glad that at they talked about it in that closing scene in Time Bomb. This scene showed us how deep they are into this relationship and that they are indeed in it for the long haul.*

The Season 9 premiere is still a long 2 months wait but I am looking forward to the next chapter of this great love story.*

8. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

Great observations, ec4evr and Jessica237. "Bad Seed" is still a difficult episode for me to watch b/c of the ambiguous locker-room scene. :( But I totally agree that it was a pivotal episode for Calleigh as a character, b/c it was the first time we really got to see her being vulnerable in a romantic relationship. I think it's very significant that Eric's the only man that we've seen her open her heart to, to that extent. Clearly, Calleigh wouldn't have reacted so strongly if she wasn't in love with him:luvlove:, so it was an indication of just how deep their mutual feelings had become.

And I also loved the ending scene in "Time Bomb" b/c as ec4evr said, it turned an important page on a major issue in Eric & Calleigh's relationship: Trust. Trust isn't something that Calleigh has tended to give away easily, especially to men she's romantically involved with. (Understandable, given her not-so-great romantic track-record before Eric). So I was glad to see Eric stepping up and addressing the issue directly, and demonstrating that he's willing to do what it takes to regain Calleigh's trust.:thumbsup: I think it's a major step forward for their relationship, and bodes very well for their future as a couple in Season 9 and beyond.:adore:

9. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

My answer to the questions about the defining moment of Eric and Calleigh are a bit different. But um, there have been so many. I have two, though.

All In because I feel where that's sort of where it really began, toward the end of that episode. I know we didn't have much follow up after that. But things sort of seemed established then. Like, Calleigh then knew just how much Eric cared for her.

Then the second moment would have to be in Head Case because Calleigh, finally, basically tells him that he needs to man up and say how he feels.

So those may not be, like, their defining moments as an official couple. But those are moments that stand out the most to me. There have seriously been tons of moments and things that have happened though, since season five, that I think have played a part in them becoming a couple.

10. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Defining moment.... it's not such a simple question... let's see...

I would have to go with Smoke gets in your CSI's because I think that was the first time Eric's feelings were exposed and she knew, and he knew that she knew, and she knew that he knew that she knew (just had a Friends flashback :lol:). Anyway, I think that was pretty important in how and when their relationship began. I'd also would have to say say Time Bomb because of the trust issue and that it was addressed and because of how they were able to deal with such a tough situation and not let it break them. I really liked how the situation was discussed and how Calleigh was able to forgive him and he was able to acknowledge that he had some damage control to work on.

I also have to say that I'm so excited that it's official that Calleigh survives the season finale :D. At least we know she'll be in 901 and 902 working the cases and that makes me really :D.

11. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

I just thought I'd come in here to say how much I'm looking forward to the new season. I'm excited to see where Eric and Calleigh's relationship goes, hopefully with way less drama. I hope TPTB really focus on the whole core cast.

My defining moment for E/C I guess has been all the little things over the last few seasons, All In, SGIYC, Head Case, How Does That Make You Kill, Sink or Swim, Seeing Red, Out of Time, Bolt Action, Bad Seed, Delko for the Defense, In the Wind, Backfire, Mommy Deadest and I'm sure I've missed some, but we actually get to see how far the relationship has come in Time Bomb. After everything they have been through, you see that they are willing to work to keep their relationship strong. Eric admitting that he needs to work at regaining Calleighs trust and Calleigh giving him the opportunity to regain her trust given her issues when it comes to trusting people ( MEN ). They really have come a long way baby.

12. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

HA! HA! Like me? Hi there the mods shut you guys down too huh?:lol:
    Well I'm a SMACKIE and I have a question...Didnt Eric leave the show and come back? I'm sure you heard about our Stella...sigh:(

13. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

Yes he did, but not by choice, CBS didn't renew his contract, the fans united and we got him back. Lucky us. I'm sorry to hear about Stella, I really liked her.

14. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

My mod comment was not appropriate...Sorry Mods. ;)

I thought I read he left on his own accord?

15. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

No, he didn't get in negotiations what he wanted so they left without negotiating - just like that. Not even trying to make a deal. They wanted to kill him off, but Ann Donahue supported him and they made him star in 10 episodes of the season, giving him a slow exit. However, fans organised a petition on a Twitter and Facebook and CBS agreed to negotiate with him again. They made a deal and he is back!
    Maybe that will happen to Melina too? I really hope so. I'm angry about her and about Liz from CSI. Why is that that only women are dropped from these CBS shows? :scream:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.