Eric & Calleigh #38 - Because "IT" Keeps Happening

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Jessica237, Mar 7, 2010.

?

Thread Titles?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2010.
  1. Because "It" Keeps Happening

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Looking Forward to Cute Little E/C Babies

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. It's Meant to Be

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Because They Just Can't Stay Away From Each Other

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. True love never dies

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Your Place or Mine?

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Now and Forever

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

Re: Eric & Calleigh #38

You're not the only one being a pessimist, I've been having some real thoughts of dread about this storyline. I can't see them breaking up after all they have been through, not to mention it would really piss me off, but if Emily really wants out, the fact that it's been said that they will define their relationship for the rest of the series makes me a little scared as to what might happen.

I know Emily has said that she was actively campaigning to get Adam back full time, why would she want to leave now that he is back. Maybe it was more that if he's not going to be there than she was ready to move on. But if she wants to have a baby who can blame her for wanting to be done with the show. Now I'm back to my fear that this may not end well for our favorite couple. I don't think the next month can go by fast enough. Holding my breath for a Happily ever after.

2. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

Congrats on the new thread Hiphuggerland!
    I am kinda worried on the possibility of Emily leaving but if ever she is --the EC relationship does not have to end. Like in CSI - Grissom & Sarah are still together.
    I don't know if they've started shooting Ep 8.20 already because all we got was the unofficial spoiler courtesy of delkolover but I did not see any casting call for this ep. CBS is awfully mum about this episode.
    I am also wondering if they made some changes to the EC storyline now that Delko is coming back. Something's brewing & not liking my vibe. :confused:

3. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

Finally new thread:beer::thumbsup:. Then just another one and we'll have forty, that'd be cool, I don't think any other couple could have it so soon;).

As for Emily leaving, I don't even want to think about such a sad possibility. It was enough to have Adam's departure last year I don't want the same with her. Please tptb, don't do this to us again.
    I just hope that now when Adam stays she'll stay too. They're good friends, it's obvious they like each other and they love to work together, so maybe it convince her to stay.:confused:
    I really would love to see very happy E/C finally. They had enough drama in their life. Now they just need peace and time to enjoy each other, because I'm more then sure they love each other more then anything in their lives. Maybe Adam could write something good next season. Actually I have more faith in him then in other writers, beacuse they almost always disappoint me:(.

4. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

I like to think they'll have babies and a marriage. I won't believe anything until I see it. If Emily leaves then it's possible that they could continue their relationship and I'd think it works out better.

5. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Hey, fellow hiphuggers!
    Congratulations on a brand new thread :beer:!
    Anxiously waiting for 8.20, the next great "hiphugger" episode! Hope it will bring us closer to the happy ending we've all been waiting for!
    With Adam's absence from most of season 8, it's been a very difficult year here in hiphuggerland. But we made it through :thumbsup:!
    Hopefully tptb have great things in store for our couple for the rest of the season!

6. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

You know, I wouldn't worry since we have had no official word on Emily's contract as of yet and the only thing about her supposedly saying that she was tired of it all was pure heresay. In no interview that I've seen or read does she voice any real wish to leave the show. She was asked at the Cannes film festival last year what she thought of the show's longevity and she stated that it could be their last season or not and that you have to be prepared to suddenly be cancelled. No time in this interview did she say that she was leaving. That was the only time that a reference to the show ending/her leaving was ever mentioned. And this was just after they finished filming for the year and I don't doubt she was tired and spent and needed a rest before jumping back in. Every year at my Spring Break I contemplate whether I'm going back in for another school year or if I'm going to change careers. I get it.

So, even though there is no public knowledge of a contract or not, I wouldn't worry. She's had crap to act this season. Maybe they were just giving her a respite and with her friend, Adam, coming back, well....that has all sorts of promise. She's stated before in an interview that he was her first friend on the set. He's also said that since leaving CSIM, that he misses her face. As dear friends, they miss each other. Maybe work isn't as much fun without Adam around. Maybe being on another show wasn't like goofing around with Emily. With Adam returning and all the behind the scenes silliness, maybe that will just help give Emily that extra boost, if she ever expressed a desire to leave, which I doubt because keeping a steady job in this economy is desirable. Doesn't matter if it's Detroit, Chicago, Biirmingham or Hollywood. Job is a job. Hold onto it. She's a smart person, and as is evidenced by past interviews, extremely financially savvy.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  7. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

I agree completely. I'm not worried about Emily leaving. I think we're all a little more paranoid this time around because the news of Adam's departure last year was so abrupt. We don't want to feel blindsided again, so we're searching for clues and trying to analyze hidden meanings where there may be none. ;)

Anyway, congrats on the new thread! Can't wait for our next E/C episode! :beer:

8. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

I completely agree with lady10 and silentdisco. Anything's possible (esp. with TPTB @ CBS:rolleyes:), but I highly doubt that Emily's going to leave CSIM at the end of this season. She campaigned so hard to get Adam back on the show full-time that it wouldn't make sense for her to turn around and leave now that he'll actually be rejoining the regular cast next season. Like a fan said on one of the forums, that would be like planning a party for your best friend, and then not showing up to the actual festivities. (I love that analogy, I just wish I could remember who came up with it!:confused::lol:)

You and me both! I don't know how I'm going to survive until April, when 8.20 airs.:drool::lol:

9. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

1st of all YAYYY! New thread!
    2nd: SQUEE! EC rocks and will live forever!
    3rd: Everyone look at silentdisco's signature, I just love it to death.

10. vignes[smallgir

vignes[smallgir Hit and Run

[​IMG] PROMO EPISODE 20

11. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Oh my Gods! Those were heart stopping! PM me with where you found them so I can go and see them larger. I'm excited and intrigued and somewhat freaking out in a good way.

12. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

Hi folks,
    Did everyone see the the Emily Procter interview with Zap2It that was posted on the Talk CSI news? I've been dying to know Emily's thoughts about Adam returning to CSIM full-time next season, and she definitely speaks on that subject in this interview, as well as Eric & Calleigh's romantic outlook. Here's the link:

http://www.csifiles.com/content/2010/03/procter-love-is-the-most-powerful-thing-of-all/

I'm really happily that Emily supports the idea of Calleigh and Eric getting married and possibly having kids. [​IMG] It truly would be "wish fulfillment" for tons of fans, including me and my fellow Hiphuggers-supporters in this thread, of course! I truly hope we see an E/C wedding in the future; hopefully Season 9.
    I'm not sure how I feel about the possibility of Jake coming back. :confused: (I didn't wrap this in spoiler code, b/c it's not really a "spoiler," just Emily speculating). I actually liked Jake and thought he was an interesting character; just not a good romantic match for Calleigh. I guess I won't have a problem with Jake making a future appearance or 2, as long as it doesn't break Eric and Calleigh up. Maybe having Jake in the picture will make Eric step up and finally propose to Calleigh. [​IMG] That would be the only "plus" I could see coming out of Jake returning to the show to fight for Calleigh's affections.

I also think the Mr. & Mrs. Smith scenario, E/C-style, would be fun to watch. :thumbsup: Kick-butt CSI's by day; passionate married couple by night ... what more could you ask for?

P.S. I made the mistake of peeking into the anti-E/C romance thread (I know, bad move:shifty:), because it was the only topic I could find discussing the new Emily interview. And, true to form, the venom being spewed in there made my skin crawl. They're even cursing and everything!:rolleyes: I can't wait to read the positive reactions to Emily's interview in this thread. It'll be a nice antidote to the negativity.:)

13. Divot

Divot Victim

Thanks for the post, I read it and totally agree with this about the Mr+MrsSmith concept, can't you see them as middle aged couple with two adorable mini Eric and Calleigh kids!

What a shame the anti-EC group needs to resort to cursing to make a point. The world is full of negativity, who needs more. But a positive - great interview from Emily and nice post from you. E/C Smiles to you all this weekend.

14. vignes[smallgir

vignes[smallgir Hit and Run

15. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

Man! I want to watch this episode soooo bad...but it airs on April 19th which is 2 days past my due date so I think I'll probably have my hands full with a sweet little boy:)
    This epi looks good and I really hope Calleigh will pull through and that she and Eric have great scenes together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.