Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhee52

rhee52 Hit and Run

I have not watched 804 yet! (bad net connection)

OMG! i got teary eyed watching the promo... the emotion on Calleigh's face (which we rarely see & most of the time only with eric involved) & to watch Eric walk away like that, was really heartwrenching for me... I'm so gonna miss eric & the E/C moments.. aside from the hug/hugs I hope we also get a kiss.

hello AJ!:)

2. Cbelle98

Cbelle98 Victim

So I'm a little torn about next week's episode. Part of me is like yea we're going to get a lot of Eric/Calleigh scenes but then the other part of me, after watching the promo, is a little anxious as to how this is going to work out.

I do have to say though that the writers totally redeemed themselves with the end scene of 'Bolt Action.' That scene alone has given me hope that all will eventually be well with our favorite duo.

3. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Hi rhee52

I seem to leave just as you come by....-Waves at rhee52-

This was fun. For the first time I had to read my own post to catch up....Who was that frustrated and negative person?:guffaw::guffaw:

Well...what the heck?:). At least I went through my years as Miami fan and paid tribute to the feelings of this longtime and loyal viewer.:thumbsup:.

I am soooo glad we get our goodbye scene and with a hug....so nice.....And we went from hip to head....LOL now that is development. A kiss would the ultimate thing....But as promised to my president of fantasyship. I am staying positve and saying: Ladies if we don´t get that now. We will get it when he picks her up from work in a later episode....OH ....3. fanfic by Aj B.

Team is wondering why Call is acting all wierd and seems to rush home from work every day.
    Nat: where is Call?
    Ryan: this is the 4. time she left in a rush. I wonder what´s up.
    They look out the window
    Nat laughs.
    Nat: Oh that´s why.
    Ryan and Nat look at Eric and Call getting in the hummer.

The End.:guffaw:

For any newbies....It is just Aj speculation^^. And fantasy...;)

CSI: Miami’s latest episode, “In Plane Sight”, won its timeslot on Monday, October 12 with 12.94 million viewers and a 4.0 rating/11 share in the important 18-49 demographic

Still voting for "Smash into you" as E/C song nr. 1. How much do you think I will have to paid to get them to re -do the video? The semi -nude stuff migth be to much for Em but I think Adam might say "Yes".

For personal reasons I went to Warrick Brown Tread and found this:

From May 2008:
    According to Entertainment Weekly, an insider with CSI says that Gary Dourdan might reprise the role of Warrick Brown for occasional guest appearances in later seasons after his upcoming exit from the show.

At least we know he's not being killed off. :thumbsup: although it doesn't make alot of since if he was fired, maybe TVGuide got that wrong? Confusing.

But they did end up killing him off so;
    I was just wondering: If franchise made people belive he left and did pops later as our guy ....Who says/decides if Eric - pops becomes a reality or is just a gimmick to please Fans?

And NO ;)....I am not being pessimistic ...just wondering.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  4. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

I totally agree with you on this. According to the original spoilers, there wasn't even supposed to be an interaction between Eric & Calleigh, let alone the two beautiful scenes we got.
    Now, for next week's epi
    Again, based on the spoilers, Calleigh was to call Eric's name in the locker room, but he'd be standing there, if memory serves, a "world apart". Well, we all know that the hugs ( maybe even a kiss?) that we're getting could not be any closer, any tighter :). I have no idea what brought this change of heart, but I'll take it :thumbsup:!
    BTW, even though the last scene was really sweet because E/C finally talked, joked and declared truce, I personally like the locker room scene better. I love how, while not being able to have any contact, they couldn't take their eyes off each other... Love how Eric paused after getting whatever he needed from his locker, and sort of took in a deep breath before leaving, while Calleigh was just holding her breath from the moment she saw him coming in. You could feel the pain and tension that the lack of contact was causing. Even at the end, after saying bye to Wolf, he turned his head and took a last look at her before exiting the room:adore:. I love the entire scene, cause it really shows that these two, despite everything, are still absolutely in love with each other!

5. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

:guffaw::guffaw:Does you - me - you - me posting remind you of something:guffaw:

Well. This of course leaves me not choice but to rant again.

You know that I sometimes swing by tallyboard which is kinda of nice as it puts number to statements made by us posters. I just wish I could find the length of thoose scene. I remember we made some episodecount back when there was complaints as to E/C flooding the show. As I recall it was 2 min of E/C kiss and talk in "Sink or Swim". Of a 40 min. episode.
    So flooding is term for personal interpretation. But never mind....
    My point is: now I have seen some comments on "Bolt Action" which seem to please more and include E/C hiphuggermoments. So would that be a formula for Monday? Perhaps if we had tons of Hiphuggermoments to look forward to. But we don´t, so let´s have the whole E/C package please. I want hinting at more and popping because of Call and not anyone else.....Ah. - the trademark of a true hiphugger is love and joy for all. So of course other character is to interact with Ericpopping but NO popping without some Call. action.
    "LOL couldn´t have a wedding without seeing the bride."

As a fan of the show it is nice to see fans come in for Jesse. Which in turn grants writers to re-use lost or misfired storyline with a twist for the character. There is talk of a Jesse
    girl about 12 years old. That storyline could be percived as Kyle/Horatio not working out. It will surely add a nice and kind side to Jesse.
    But he is NOT Eric so the type of storyline I go for will be missing

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  6. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Morning all....my shipper heart is breaking as it gets closer and closer to Monday.
    :(

I just don't know how I am going to handle Eric not being there, its really childish for me to be so upset over something like this, but I can't help it. :(

Is it too much for me to ask that we do NOT show Jesse & Calleigh working together on Monday. I need to enjoy what little bits I have left of Eric & Calleigh working together.

A friend of mine watched the promo yesterday (cuz I sent it to her) and she agreed that it totally sucked (even though she doesn't watch the show).

So I have a question for my fellow hiphuggers to get the discussion going, what (besides Calleigh) will bring Eric back to Miami? How long before you think he will miss the job? What is your ideal scene of them seeing each other when he comes back?

7. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

oh ...I hate it when u do that.....AS if my mind and viewer pleasure was not going down hill allready. Then one of my favorite poster goes and says something like that....:(:(:(. Well Texmex one of the downside to being a hiphugger is the joyfull person one needs to be. So when the show doesn´t want to continue that side of show anymore ....where does happy and joyfull people go?
    May I answer the questions eventhough I allready ranted once today?LOL

Hi D&D

Let´s race to post first....hahaha. I beat you...;):)

And Hi rrpinky...Wow suddenly hiphuggers are comming in by the minute...Let me make chocolate and cookies or are we doing Pinacolada and fruit?

8. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Yeah, it does SUCK! I said it before, I have very mixed feelings about the upcoming episode: on the one hand, I can't wait to see the E/C interaction, on the other hand, knowing that it'll be a while before we get another hiphugger scene, I don't want Monday to come too fast. This is completelty insane :rolleyes:!
    La_Llorona, to answer your question
    How do you know that Eric's leaving Miami :wtf:? For all we know, he's only leaving CSI :confused:! That's what Calleigh says in the promo, right? Is there another promo I'm not aware of?
    Anyway, he does have family in Miami, and the whole Sharova/mob thing was never given any kind of closure... But I think the only reason he'd come back to stay in Miami would be Calleigh, once he realizes that what he has with her is a once-in-a-lifetime thing :adore:!
    As for the reunion, I want lots of hot kisses and hugs, lots of "I love you"s, AND a marriage proposal! I'm not asking for much, am I :lol:? I think they owe us at least as much, after making us wait for so many years, only to get them together for a few episodes, and then let all hell break loose on them :mad: :evil:!

9. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

IMO the most logic solution is a job near by. Some diving gig that sometimes is need in Crimefighting - then we have "this is one of Erics old cases" . Any cases with a russian mob theme could have him return.
    And hiphuggerhopefully some Call-pick-up after work. ;). But I am spilt on the last one....It is like a kind in a Candy store...Would I use a Eric pop on one pick-up scene or is Ericpops going to last a whole episode.
    As I am not watching on a regular basis (ANYMORE;)). Leave the Ericpops for later. I would like for Eric popping being related to Call leave for work - home- holiday. Any chance for some kissing and smoothing on the sofa bring it on. Send it my way.

We have however not discussed Ericpoping without some Call interaction.
    Call missing (AGAIN) would that make him return. Would I watch if he return and left before they found her ......Eeek...leaving rescue to Wonderboy/Hotbod. Need I answear that one:guffaw::guffaw:

But I am still wondering: if they promised Warrick Brown pops and let it go...will they do that with Adam? US gals/ladies would know what the Saraprotest was all about ....which made franchise leave her character open for return. NAAA strach that....because ratings will help me out on that one.

A Maywedding brought on by dropping ratings....Well heck - YES I DO - like that ....as I am leaving show shortly .....I don´t really care if they jump any sharks in future with a wedding in order to raise ratings...

I know we hiphuggers might want Adam return next season ....I am all for that ...trust me.....I am just operating with Plan A to Z in order to my wedding before show gets cancelled or stops. OHHH could I please have a kiss on a balcony in moonlight? PLease? It doesn´t have to be on any holiday in Rome or Venice or Paris or Puerto Rico- Leave one of thoose to the honeymoon.....

Am I setting my hopes to high?:lol:;)

HI ec4er....Waves at her....We posted at the same time and nicksarafan2 ....wow your sign...

10. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

I don't think he will be leaving Miami- if ever he will I think it's only for a while to give himself a break. If he's changing his career then the only way for him to pop up is if CSI has a case that would need his expertise.

Eric and Calleigh's ideal "together again" scene would be Eric popping at her house-that way they can do whatever they want and give us that hot makeout session that we have been anticipating for ages. Of course the proposal would follow and maybe for the season finale- I smell a wedding!:lol:
    Hey, a girl can dream right?

11. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

ok its been a while since I last posted in here...

well I saw mondays episode, only part I liked was Ryan's "oh snap!" and the little rocking thing he did becouse he's all bad n stuff, thought that was cute :)

as for EC, i'm sad, so next weeks episode is it for now?

well at least the'll be parting on happy tones, not nager and breaking up, so I guess i'll just watch...

12. bogglesthemind

bogglesthemind Dead on Arrival

Hey guys, I posted this on the spoiler page too, but there's a new preview at the CBS website for Bad Seed (8.05). It it slightly different and has a little more EC (chatting on the sofa) than the one that aired after Monday's episode. Sad, but looks really good! :)

13. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

I can't watch it cause the video "is not available for my geographic area" :rolleyes:! So, maybe someone can post the link here ;)?

14. Fanofcalleigh

Fanofcalleigh Witness

Can't watch the video :( Can someone please put the preview on yt please ??

15. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

I watched the second promo

Shipper moment...sad moment though. He's sitting there talking to Calleigh and telling her about the girl dieing in front of him. I felt so heartbroken. He was confiding in her and thats relationship status! The voice says he "May" be leaving CSI.... lets hope for the best. I just hate seeing Calliegh cry and she's had to do that a lot lately, poor thing. What is it about Delko that gets the girls so emotional?? Ok...easy answer LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.