Episode 9x09 - 'Blood Sugar' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Your assessment is right on target, CSI Natalia. Very well said. Here's to hoping for a great rest of the season!

2. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Agree with several other here. I had high hopes at the start of this season...but they have been dashed with the past several episodes. Once again, CSI Miami has gone for the flashy,high budget effects over quality stories.
    More to the point,the writers have gone back to insulting the viewer's intelligence. H and Delko manage to rush into a burning building and emerge without a scratch. About the only thing they missed this week was H beating up a suspect.
    Sad to say, but between the delays with football and the quality of writing, CSI Miami is truly on its last legs.

3. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

That's sad what you say people, looks like I'll skip this one.
    I have a feeling that they care less about the regular viewer as for the casual one, who may be more interested in flashy and effective chase scenes or fires than in team interaction or character development.

4. Linda&Horatio

Linda&Horatio Witness

I almost fell asleep since it was so boring. But there were two scenes I did like. When the entire team was working together at the refinery just before the opening credits. It was nice to see them all together. And the scene where Eric and Walter were in the morgue and Eric asked Walter where Tom is. I laughed when Walter told him Tom is at the hardware store picking up tools for this autopsy. :guffaw:My gawd what did he need?!?

But other than that, it was so so. Sure hope the new year has better episodes.

Linda

5. baybeehannah

baybeehannah Witness

I'm about 2 watch it now so I will tell u guys what I thought of it, later.

6. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Agree,no wow moments . Liked all of the team working together(team work is a bonus for me). Agree about Horatio and Delko in the burning building as well,but it is Miami.
    The owner being the victim's father reminded me of some old movie.

7. baybeehannah

baybeehannah Witness

Finally watched it....I got bored....it was good....ish. nout really interesting, the ending was ok. there was only two scenes with Calleigh in, ALOT of Horatio.
    otha than tht it was just plain BORING. like you guys said, there were no WOW moments.:shifty:

8. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

I guess the new writer didn't make a grand debut. Maybe that will be the first and last script by him.

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That bugged me too. I was thinking the whole time how dangerous it was. It also bothered me the way the place looked when they first went in and started processing the scene. I kept wondering if they'd had professionals look at the place and deem it safe enough for them to process.

That made me laugh too.

Okay, here's what I wrote down while watching the episode:

Could do without that song at the beginning.

Man if that girl is single, she should definitely date that guy since he saved her from getting her arm chopped up and threw himself over her when the explosion happened.

Okay, the split screens are bad enough. Now we have scrolling split screens?

Frank, please wear ties with less busy patterns. Orange and blue paisley... eek!

Let me guess, Horatio's gonna arrange citizenship for the girl's sister, right?

Loved Walter's story about his grandma and the potato chip that had Elvis' face in it lol. Eric's amused chuckle was also nice.

Loved when Cal told Christine that Eduardo was a citizen since their father was.

The slow-mo bullet thing was way too slow and it annoyed me.

I knew Horatio would find a way for the sister to stay in the U.S. Nice way to do it though. Getting Christine to give her a scholarship (in exchange for avoiding jail time for the computer hacking).

Is it just me or did the hug between the sisters at the end remind anyone else of Natalia and her sister after Horatio rescued her from that photographer?

It was an okay episode. I didn't think it was boring or anything, but there weren't really any WOW moments LOL. The opening scene with the girl's hand stuck on the machine was the most exciting part. I'm getting a bit bored of all of the times there's an explosion of some kind on this show though. They use that plot device way too often for my tastes lol.

10. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I'm afraid my review won't shed much more of a positive light on the episode either. I don't think I watched more than 15 minutes before deciding to play some PS3 with some family members instead. :eek:

Was this really a new writer? Yikes. Not really the best first impression I'd say from reading the reviews so far of the episode (and the subsequent ratings). Although in his defense, if I were new, I'm not sure I'd do much better. :lol: Then again, I wouldn't have Horatio and Eric entering a burning building before the firefighters.

I might have to catch the rest of the episode later.

11. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Boring episode for me...once again during this season. I'm not even bothering staying up until it airs and just catch it online. I'm especially glad I didn't stay up last night. Too much Horatio, too little Calleigh. Eric and H in the burning building...:rolleyes:

Chase scene... check
    Saving damsels in distress... check
    Ridiculous Miami moment (running into burning building)... check

The only scene missing to complete the season 9 road path was Horatio threatening a suspect.

D

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I didn't like it, love it, or hate it. It was just there.

The slow-mo bullet. Please don't ever do this again --it was quite annoying (although I admit I kept guessing which body part it would hit...thought it would be his armpit, lol).

Omar had tweeted some time ago a picture of himself with the burned body & stated that it was a real person under all that goo. They did do a good job there, so kudos to the make-up department for that one...it was pretty gross. And the comments from Walter saying he used to have a sweet tooth & Natalia saying she wouldn't eat another carmel was funny. Nice scene.

Me too, it was my first thought. That, & the end of season 4's 'Shock' (I think it was that one).

Rating: 2 1/2 out of 5 popcorn bags for me.

13. greatfan

greatfan Captain

That was indeed a great job.
    I'll add too little Ryan.
    I would have thought the buiding needed to be cleared by the fire department or fire marshall first.

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

It was good and never really seeing a sugar factory all the more interesting. So a horrible almost murder turned out to be an accident. That corpse GROSS:klingon: The owner was a rat though, hiding the idenity of his son, but the other kids found out. And his daughter not much better. I see how Horatio is a kind, compassionate guy with the two sisters at the end. He helped them both. Damn Eric is handsome:p I enjoyed it from beginning to end:bolian:

15. hahagirl

hahagirl Hit and Run

The one thing I really like about this episode was that it was about hard-working immigrants, not rich Star Island people. More episodes like this, please.