Episode 9x08 - ' Happy Birthday' **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Dec 4, 2010.

1. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

CSI: MIAMI
    Air Date: Sunday, December 05, 2010
    Time Slot: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#909) "Happy Birthday" ​

*This is the 8th episode to air due to previously postponed episode*

WHEN A PREGNANT WOMAN IS ASSAULTED, HORATIO AND THE TEAM FIGHT FOR HER AND HER BABY'S LIFE WHILE TRACKING DOWN HER ATTACKER, ON THE 200th EPISODE OF "CSI: MIAMI," SUNDAY, DEC. 5
    "Happy Birthday" - When a pregnant woman is assaulted, Horatio and the team fight for her and her baby's life while tracking down her attacker, on the 200th episode of CSI: MIAMI, Sunday, Dec. 5 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. ​

SERIES REGULARS
    Horatio Caine............................. David Caruso
    Calleigh Duquesne....................... Emily Procter
    Eric Delko............................. Adam Rodriguez
    Ryan Wolfe............................... Jonathan Togo
    Det. Frank Tripp................................ Rex Linn
    Natalia Boa Vista........................... Eva La Rue
    Walter Simmons............................ Omar Miller ​

GUEST CAST
    Heather Chapman........................ Joanne Kelly
    Gary Chapman........................... David Conrad
    Jason Chapman............................ Austin Butler
    Marcie Westerfield.................... Jessica Collins
    Vicki Turner................................. Lisa Marcos
    Sam Novak...................... James Harvey Ward
    Ruben Franco.............................. Dante Basco
    Doctor Landry.............. Jason Manuel Olazabal
    Nurse #1................................. Jennifer Weston
    Jogger........................... Garikayi Mutamibriwa
    Livid Driver............................... John C. Meier ​

WRITTEN BY: Barry O'Brien & Marc Dube ​

DIRECTED BY : Sam Hill ​

RATING: To Be Announced ​

2. Linda&Horatio

Linda&Horatio Witness

Sure looking forward to this one. Horatio looks mad as he looks for the perp who crashed in to that car. It will be nice to see David Conrad again from Ghost Whisperer. Thanks Fieldmouse for posting this info. Have a fantastic weekend everyone. :)

3. lizziewalker

lizziewalker Rookie

but its actually the 9th episode cos there gonna play the 7th next week

4. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

How funny that this epi is premiering right after my actual birthday. They must've been thinking of me!

5. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I'm sure this is going to be really special!!Promo is exciting too!!!

6. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

Can't wait to watch.... looks like it's going to have some action to :)

7. mjszud

mjszud Captain

8. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Looking forward to seeing David Conrad (Ghost Whisperer) and Joanne Kelly (Warehouse 13)! I like them. Also, hoping there are some good Ryan scenes! And no late football game in my area!

9. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

Couldn't see the clip due to geographical regions but I was intrigued by Caruso's info about the case affecting Horatio. I hope this episode goes full circle for him and pulls him back again. It seems like this whole season, he is edging ever closer to the dark side. Perhaps solving this case and giving it a happy ending might heal his internal wounds as well

10. Linda&Horatio

Linda&Horatio Witness

Same here for the clip. But this thing with Horatio still suffering from Marisol's murder! Are you kidding me David?!? :wtf: he knew Marisol for a month or so before marrying her and yet he is still grieving. I would understand his anger more at Stetler's betrayal instead. But yes H seems to be seriously bad cop lately. I hope we get to find out why in greater detail this season. Or like you said, CSI-AJ, this might help him heal.

Sure I'd be mad too about an 8- month pregnant woman being beaten to a pulp. That's just reprehensible and awful! So I do understand H's reasons for anger, but I don't understand why he isn't dealing with his pain in other ways. Perhaps I'm thinking too hard here. :lol: :scream: :confused:

But the episode looks good and I am so proud of this show celebrating such a milestone. Good for them.

I'll be tuning in tonight with bated breath. :lol:

11. Court

Court Prime Suspect

Looks good, can't wait to watch it. :thumbsup:

Is it just me, or are they bringing up Marisol a lot this season? I mean, I get the necessity for the Memmo eps, but in this interview DC equates H's pain to her in connection with this pregnant woman getting injured. I'm REALLY hoping that we're not going to find out Marisol was pregnant when she died b/c that would be a bit over the top, IMHO. :shifty: I couldn't stand the storyline involving her to begin with. :rolleyes:

Then again, maybe I'm concerned for nothing.

12. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

I just want to say that I am really excited to watch tonight's episode. Based on this TV Guide article this is gonna be an extra special one. It's good that they have decided to touch more on emotions instead of spectacle for this episode. :thumbsup:
    Here's the link:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/CSIMiami-200th-Episode-1026426.aspx

13. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

You know, I was thinking the same thing - like, why do they keep beating a dead horse w/this storyline when there are so many others that are, IMHO, much more interesting (ie: Horatio's childhood, Horatio and his brother, Horatio and Kyle - speaking of which, where the heck did he go - that was a storyline I actually liked! Or how about Suzie and H's niece? I would really love some follow-up on them! It's like anything prior to Season 4 never happned...:rolleyes:)

I have met maybe one or two people who actually liked/bought into the whole Marisol/Horatio romance. The fans as a whole kind of thought it was :rolleyes: and I remember people complaining about how "beautiful" Marisol always looked while battling cancer.

I know DC seems to like the Marisol storyline, but there are other aspects to his character that need to be explored that would be so much more interesting! And man, if we ever find out Marisol was pregnant...I don't know, I guess maybe it would explain a bit more why H's grief runs so deep...but it just seems so soap opera-like, especially to find out so many years later.

So apparently this episode takes place on Marisol's birthday - interesting... I guess. But I always love seeing Horatio emotional, so I whatever works I suppose...:rolleyes: I'd rather seem some more "team" stuff and less of regressing to storylines that just didn't "click." I mean, it seemed to me H married Marisol b/c he wanted to protect her/felt sorry for her. The age difference made it a bit creepy to me, and it seemed like a ploy to get Delko and H closer - IDK, I'm not too happy about constantly revisiting this thing. It's like the only time they have continuity is w/storylines that have been beaten to death. :wtf:

I'm actually looking forward to the episode in general though, b/c seeing the team emotionally charged is awesome. :thumbsup: I'm also happy that Emily will be getting to play an important part in keeping vigil w/the mom to be - nice touch. It's great that the writers are getting back to victim- and team-centered stories and not the "big flashy" stuff. I'm all about "heartstrings" :p

14. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Unless Horatio was sleeping with Marisol at some point during their relationship or their entire 15 minute marriage, he must have Super Sperm! :lol:

I wouldn't put it past the writers to tell us Marisol sold her eggs when she found out she had cancer so that someone might have the "fairy tale baby she never could" and they ended up in the pregnant woman in tonight's episode. :p

I'm totally in agreement that there are so many more elements of Horatio we have yet to see or that haven't been developed as much as they could have been. Tonight's episode would be a good place to start if he's being angsty (which isn't always a bad thing; I rather like when he can connect to someone on an emotional level).

That being said, I'm much more interested in the case itself as well as the cast as a whole rather than the desperate hold the writers/those involved with the show seem to have on weak former storylines.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  15. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Hmm...question. It looks like CBS has a 4 p.m. game - are we going to be facing more delays again - for the 200th episode? :(