Episode 7x20 - Wolfe In Sheep's Clothing ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by squinn1201, Mar 26, 2009.

1. luvcsimiami

luvcsimiami Hit and Run

nwolfson22

Thanks for the welcome and the compliment. I like to back my comments up with with accurate facts from the episodes. I just need to learn how to make them shorter :) I'm a HUGE fan. Always loved the show but seriously got into it in S3 and really loving what they are doing with the characters, especially E/C. As I said on another post just because I like E/C doesn't mean I can't be objective and while there have been a few issues with the ship I don't think it's as bad as some are making it out to be. Beleive it or not I haven't checked out his fansite but I do love the Eric Delko character he plays and just had to come to the guys defense as I feel like he was being railroaded.

As for Eric's clothes, I thought they were doing it on purpose and I kept waiting for someone to comment that he was wearing the same outfit. When no one did I was actually kind of puzzled. If they were trying to make it look like a continuation of the same day then something went wrong. I also couldn't figure out why no one asked Ryan why he hadn't answered his dang phone. Lord, knows Eric had to explain himself in S2 when he didn't answer his phone. Ah well, go figure.

2. luvcsimiami

luvcsimiami Hit and Run

Thanks hiphugger17,

I agree, he is definately passionate about what he does but I would say AR has done a great job recreating Eric and making him quieter and more thoughtful. He internalizes more and that's why I say in these last two episodes we saw more of the old Delko and I loved it.

The first time he asks Ryan what's wrong with him is during the interrogation of the guy and Calleigh is no where around. Eric was already irritated because Ryan takes a call and they are getting ready to interrogate the suspect. After Ryan comes in and basically hands the guy an alibi, Eric is the very first one to ask Ryan what is going on...NOT Calleigh.

Ryan makes some kind of comment and that's when Eric raises his voice and says he agrees but they shouldn't discuss it in front of the suspect. Then he tells Ryan to get his head in the case...(I had the song "Get Your Head in the Game" from High School Musical in my head when I heard him say that...:lol:) Anyway it was the perfect opportunity to tell Eric what was going on, although I probably would have fallen out of my chair if Ryan would have told Eric because of their rocky relationship.

I also find it interesting that folks are saying E/C are the only ones that work together anymore yet this is a perfect example of that not being true. Ryan and Eric were doing the interrogation and Calleigh was no where to be seen in the scene. So no matter what Eric says or does somehow his name is mud because he's with Calleigh now.

However, I digress, I agree that Eric's "Get Out" comment was just him being tired of the weird behavior Ryan had been exhibiting most of the day. This is also the new Eric because the old one probably would have been in his face.

Calleigh's response was hurt and anger as well and I also think independent of Eric's response. I could see all sides here as well and the "shades of gray" description is a great one.

3. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

luvcsimiami, it's been really great to read your perspectives on the episode. :) However, I'd like to ask that in the future, if you would like to add more to your posts to please use the 'Edit' function as opposed to double or triple posting (with no responses in between) as it can be seen as spamming. Thanks muchly! :)

4. luvcsimiami

luvcsimiami Hit and Run

You got it! Sorry about that. I thought I was editing the posts but didn't realize I was doing it incorrectly. So Sorry...I do not mean to spam or triple post.

Thank you for the tip!

5. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

No, Eric blame him, Calleigh ask as friend.

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

luvcsimiami I'm so glad that you decided to post again. I always enjoy reading your posts because they are based on facts and on the reality of the show. I love how you can be objective about both sides of the discussion :). Please keep on posting and don't go back to lurking :).

I agree that no matter what Eric does it seems he can't catch a break these days. If he asks Ryan what's wrong, then he's not doing it in the right tone of voice, if he gives a good explanation on a procedure then he shouldn't cause Calleigh is supposed to be smarter than him, if he gets jealous then he is fixated and kind of psycho, if he has a daydream then he should get fired cause he's not proffesional, if he accepts coffee then he is not proffessional again cause they shouldn't drink inside the lab, if he looks at Cal with loving eyes then he is a wussy with gooey eyes, etc... I guess we just have to focus on the other side of things:

-He asked Ryan what's wrong... he gave him a chance to explain
    -He gives a good explanation on a procedure...he's a pretty smart guy who specializes on fingerprints and may know a new procedure. Plus the audience needs to know what the heck he is doing.
    -He gets jealous...he's human, he likes this girl, it's something he needs to deal with.
    -Has a daydream...everybody's minds wanders off at some point in their lives while they are working
    -He looks at Cal with loving eyes.. he's head over heals for her
    -He accepts coffee... he likes coffee

I totally agree. The intensity we saw from Eric in this last episode relates more to before he was shot. I do think he gave Ryan plenty of opportunities to explain, actually they both did (E & C), but at the same time it was the writers way of creating the atmosphere and situation of the team "breaking up".

I don't think that Eric is what you would call perfect, but he is a pretty decent guy and there are multiple examples throughout the seasons, including this season.

7. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Well, Eric asked "What the hell is wrong with you?" And I don't see that as giving him a chance to explain. If someone asked me that I wouldn't say anything either.

Calleigh tried, and she asked him calmly and nicely. She explained that they were close enough to not keep secrets from each other. He should have told her right then, but I'm sure he was still scared about Billy.

Then at the end, Eric asked what was wrong with him but after Ryan nervously said there were "extenuating circumstances" he just blew him off and told him to get out. I know that if they would have NICELY asked him what was going on, he would have told them. To be honest, I would have walked out too. My opinion of Eric lowered considerably in this episode.

8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^ Why keep going back and forth about this particular aspect of the story?
    It's not like it's something everyone is ever going to see the same way. Just let it go.
    The writers and TPTB will either address the issue, or it will be forgotten until another incident comes up.

This not directed at anyone in particular.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  9. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I wrote this in a preview post:

This first "why" was calmed and a good chance to explain. It wasn't a scream, it wasn't an accusation, it was a question. Plus I think that given that this were extenuating circumstances Ryan shouldn't be thinking "I'm offended by your way of asking, so I won't answer you". Things were serious, fragile and in dire need of an explanation. It reminds me of Ressurrection when they were asking him about his involvement with Horatio's death. He was supposed to keep it a secret, things were dangerous and delicate, and neither Cal nor Eric were very pleased with him then and were basically accusing him, but he answered back and interrupted them and told the truth. I'm just saying that he had the chance to, no matter the tones or suspicions, to say what was going on. Even if he had to scream and make them listen, cause he knew the truth and he was correct in what he did, so he had that to back him up. Still I don't blame neither character for how things were left off cause it is my very solid belief that no matter how that dialogue went things would've been left heated cause that was what the writers wanted to do because of the russians breaking off the team.

You are absoloutely right :thumbsup: Plus they are just opinions that probably won't be change either way. :lol:

10. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

I agree with you. Everytime i watch this moment i see that Eric blame him and when Ryan was ready explain Eric cut him of. Eric shouldn't yell to hurt, his quiet "get out" sounds like order. And i understand why Ryan don't scream them truth. He was hurt to, if they don't wanna hear, he don't say them.

I understand, but can't stop, sorry :rolleyes:

11. luvcsimiami

luvcsimiami Hit and Run

I was referring to the first interrogation when Eric and Ryan were in the room with the suspect. According to the caption on the TV Eric said

"Now what the hell IS THIS all about?"

Ryan responded "What?" trying to act like he didn't know what Eric was referring to...He did of course but felt he couldn't tell Eric so he played it off.

Eric said "Interrogation 101..." and lit into him at that point since he knows Ryan isn't stupid and doesn't get why he's acting like he is.

The question from Eric to me indicated that he knew something wasn't quite right as he knew that Ryan is well aware of the procedure and couldn't figure out where his head was...(hence the get your head in the case comment later)

That's the point I wanted to clarify. The what is this all about question is a question requesting (or demanding if you think Eric is yelling) an explanation.

At the end, I just think after C had already asked twice and Eric had already asked/yelled/whatever once. Ryan coming to explain at the end wasn't going to get a roaring reception and that's how the writer's wanted it. I'm also of the firm belief that had they written it differently and they did listen to his explanation Eric would have still come out looking badly either way because he just can't seem to get any love these days. :(

However, greatfan is right and there isn't any point in belaboring the point just wanted clarify my previous point a little better.

I respect your opinion Hollyyo even if I don't agree. :)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009