Episode 7x20 - Wolfe In Sheep's Clothing ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by squinn1201, Mar 26, 2009.

1. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^ I'm glad the fans here get Ryan. Over at CBS,most are raking him over the coals.Quite a few don't even have info right.They are still saying that he was wrong for keeping H's fake death from the team,and now he is keeping secrets again. They totally don't that he was trying to save a life.They seem to think by him not telling the team that he actually put the team in danger.I wonder why the big difference of opinion?

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Probably because those particular people hated Ryan from the beginning (cause he replaced Speed) and are only going to see the negative in things that he does. See, I'm not like that though. While I am most definitely not a fan of the Tara character, if it was discovered that she was being forced by the Russian Mafia or even Ron Saris to steal pills and blame Julia, I would be somewhat understanding about it. I really hope the writers don't go there with that storyline, but if they did, I'd be more understanding of the character even though I NEVER liked her. :lol: But some people just can't get past their hatred for a character enough to see any positive. I always try to look at the story from both sides. I understand completely Eric and Calleigh's frustrations. I still think Eric should have given him a chance to explain, but I still understand why he was angry.

People are saying Ryan was wrong for keeping H's fake death a secret? :lol: That doesn't even make any sense to me because he was only doing what his boss asked him to do. It was just as clear in that episode that he didn't like what he was having to do as it was in this episode. Only in this episode, he was being forced because there was literally a gun to Billy's head and in Resurrection he was only following orders from his boss and it was all for the greater good (to catch Saris) just as this was for the greater good (to save an innocent child).

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  3. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

That's why I don't go to the forums at CBS, really. A lot of peeps there are way too harsh sometimes..

I honestly don't get how people can say it was wrong for Ryan to mess with evidence. I guess having some creepo hold a gun to a kid's head isn't good enough reason to break protocal?
    ....Just my opinion, here, of course

4. GregNickRyanFan

^ Yep, I never have gone to the cbs forums and never will. I did see the bare arm/shoulder, but all the flashing back and forth between character to character and from present to recent past really made it hard to get a good look. I hope someone caps that scene. :D

5. mjszud

mjszud Captain

As a mother of 3, there is no way in hell that I wouldn't have done the same thing Ryan did, & TPTB would have had any one off that team do the same thing if they were in that position.
    Does anyone else recall that Calleigh herself was forced to mix up evidence & clean up crime scenes for her own safety? I don't see any difference here when it comes down to what Ryan had to do.
    They're completely different situations, but overall the point was that even these "perfect" people have to do things they don't want to save thier own asses or someone else's.
    On a sidenote, I definitly see where this ordeal is tying in nicely with the season's theme being about "breaking the rules".

6. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

That was a great intense epi. I think Ryan did what he thought he needed to do, he should've gone to the team for help but he didn't. Where was Nat during this whole ordeal??:confused:

7. Dina_Wizy

Dina_Wizy Hit and Run

Unfortunately, there is difference between those two situations - Calleigh, theoretically, could leave guilty without punishment, but Ryan makes quilty absolutely innocent person.
    But, certainly, only Eric is evil, blunt, unfeeling, b/c hi has a bullet in his head. But Ryan for some people is the beau ideal :confused:.
    In my opinion, in this episode Ryan was the finished traitor :(.

8. electra

electra Pathologist

Things is that every story had 2 sides.We saw that Ryan was afraid for Billy's fate and how he was tortured.Most importantly , at the end everything turned out well due to super H.But it could also have ended with an innocent guy being framed and a killer free.And imagine if the kidnappers had plans to kill Billy regardless and he ended up dead.Ryan did tried to just slow down the case instead of compromising it but sometimes things don't go as planned.But overall,it shows how compassionate and strong Ryan is regardless of the outcome.

9. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

I've only got my one little boy, but I'm with ya... I would've done the same thing. Well, maybe I wouldn't have done the EXACT same things Ryan did, but I would've done pretty much whatever it took to keep the boy safe. I hope I could've thought of something other to do than frame the security guard, but then again, that's assuming I could deal with the situation BETTER than Ryan (which I highly doubt).

Super H knows the situation and understands (maybe even supports) Ryan's actions. I think that's why he went to track down the boy alone: bringing back-up would've meant that other people would be in on it and then, eventually, he'd have to justify his actions to someone, tell them how he got his information about where to find the boy. While he's apparently comfortable with simply keeping his mouth shut about Ryan's predicament, I don't think he'd out-and-out lie about it, which, again, is why he didn't inform anyone.

Then again (and I just thought of this) he'll probably have to justify his actions ANYWAY once it's discovered that a bullet fired from his gun was used to kill the Russian mobster who was about to shoot the boy.

Hm...

Oh yeah, I remember. I think I mentioned it in this thread, or maybe just thought about it... *chuckle* I get confused about what I've actually posted and what I just think about posting.

I think once the team knows exactly why he did what he did, they'll understand. I think Ryan may even get another apology from Delko. :)

10. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Eric never takes the time to hear Ryan out. He is always after him. At the beginning he flipped out on Ryan too but later apologized. Just because Eric got a bullet in his head how many seasons ago doesn't mean he has to be nasty. To me sometimes Eric is a bit egotistical. I don't see Ryan as a traitor. He was able to easily fix what he had done and only slowed the investigation down. Nobody innocent ended up going to jail at the end. For goodness sakes he saved a little boys life!

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Eric could be blunt and unfeeling before the bullet in the head,which is sometimes forgotten,and he is seen as beau ideal:confused:
    Ryan is no traitor,he did what he felt he needed to do even though he might as well had a gun to his head.Would any other team member be called a traitor if they had done the same?
    Agree 100 %

12. lucy_from_oz

lucy_from_oz Victim

I just watched the epi and even though I enjoyed most of it,the ending leave me really dissapointed.
    I must say,sometimes I just hate Eric Delko!!
    I think he was rude,and very unssuportive,I was about to give him a chance when (for the first time in I don't know how long)he was kind of nice with Ryan.But in the end,he came back to be the same old Delko.
    And the sad look on Ryan's face when he was looking at Calleigh...like begging her to understand...I almost cried.I agree with the people that said if Natalia have been there,she could have give him some support.I really hope she gets more screen time before the end of the season.

And I really hope we get some closure in an upcoming episode (I really doubt it though).
    Anyway,outstanding performance by Jonathan Togo,it actually reminded me that his character is the only reason I still watch the show (well,I like super H sometimes,he makes me laugh,:lol: And I hope at some point,Calleigh turns back in to the character I used to love)

Oh,and finally,I hope this is the last we see of Billy,I mean the damn kid can be cute and all,but every time he's on,my lovely Ryan gets in trouble!

13. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Actually the actions of Calleigh and Ryan are similar in which they both did what they had to do to save the people they are closest to. If Calleigh hadn't left clues the way she did they would not have found her or shut down the gambling ring. Ryan was saving Billy's life and then doing his best to stop the hit out on the team, further more he only slowed the investigation by holding the evidence. It would have been a lot different if he had thrown it away but he choose to keep it and make sure the right person was caught.

Eric has been snipper since the shooting, even with the trauma he personally needs to work though some anger issues, but those have been builiding up for years. I think that some days he wants to shift the focus to someone else making mistakes rather than everyone looking at him. Let's face it no one is perfect and everyone makes mistakes, even real life CSIs, not just the ones on tv.

As for Ryan as a traitor....not even close, sorry. He did not betray anyone, simply doing all he could do to try and get everyone to understand why he was doing the things he was. Sadly no one picked up on the clues and then got mad before he could explain, thankfully H listened and knew what to do. Everyone does things for a reason, sometimes the reason is buired because saying such things outloud might get the people closest killed.

Heaven forbid that he was thinking of numerous other before himself, he refused from the get go to reveal anything or do anything until the Billy wall was introduced, then he launched into CSI rescue mode. Ryan looked out for everyone but himself, heck he even was figureing out where he was during the torture and that helped to lead to the death of the Russian Mob leader. I think that he was being heroic in this episode.

14. Dina_Wizy

Dina_Wizy Hit and Run

If Ryan simply took away a evidence, I would understand it, but he has changed a fingerprint. It contradicts the law and rules.
    This is my opinion, I'm not going to argue with those who doesn't agree.

15. GregNickRyanFan

Probably not. :lol:

IMO, there is a big difference in Calleigh's ordeal and Ryan's ordeal. Calleigh only had to save herself and she didn't have to disrupt evidence, she only had to prove those two guys didn't kill that other man, which was true, they didn't.

Ryan on the other hand did what he did TO SAVE AN INNOCENT BOY. And as I said before, if Ryan had explained that situation to the security guard, if the security guard had any compassion at all, I'm sure he would have told Ryan to do what he had to in order to save the boy. I would have. He wasn't going to originally plant that fingerprint, but then that jerk called him with the video of a crying and tied up Billy and Ryan got firghtened for Billy which caused him to become very desperate. I'm not saying what he did what right, but sometimes we have to do the wrong thing for the right reasons... which is exactly what Ryan did. If he's a traitor for doing what it took to save a little boy's life, then you might as well call me a traitor as well as several here, as I'm sure most of us would have done the exact same thing if we'd had a gun pointed to our heads or to the head of an innocent child that we cared for! Heck, I would have done it for an innocent child that I didn't even know!

I don't believe anyone said Eric was evil, just that we wish he'd allowed Ryan to explain. I understand why Eric was angry, but if he'd allowed Ryan to explain, he would have better understood why Ryan had to do what he had to do.

I agree as well. The fact that Ryan didn't give in to his kidnapper (even after all of that torture and that stuff was brutal!) UNTIL the guy threatened little Billy says everything we need to know about how big a heart Ryan has. Some people would have been like, "I don't know this kid that well and I'm not risking my job/career for him", but Ryan didn't do that. He did everything he could to try to save that little boy. And BTW, he had every intention of fixing the whole thing once Billy was safe. He only stalled the investigation. He didn't plan on letting an innocent man go to jail for it. He only wanted to make the kidnapper think he was letting the Russian's man off long enough to find and rescue Billy.

I'm starting to think that Eric's attitude toward Ryan may be for a completely different reason. He was thinking about how Ryan's keeping secrets and how he is as well. I think keeping his relationship a secret might be starting to take a toll on him. I mean, one can only keep something hidden for so long before it does start to take a toll on them. It can be very stressful, keeping a big secret like the one he is keeping.

So very true. Definitely heroic. He didn't give a crap about what this would do to his job/career. All he cared about was protecting that innocent little boy at whatever the cost.

He was NOT going to do the fingerprint thing until that Russian called him and showed him the video of a tied up and crying Billy and told Ryan he better point the finger at someone else or Billy would die. What the bloody heck was he supposed to do in that moment? The Russians had eyes and ears everywhere. If he had at that moment gone to Horatio and told him what was going on, the Russians would have immediately killed Billy. Ryan had every intention of (once Billy was found safely) fixing everything so that the security guard wouldn't get convicted for the murder/robbery. I would have done the exact same thing. No ifs ands or buts about it!