Episode 10x16 - 'Rest in Pieces' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Mar 10, 2012.

1. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

CSI: MIAMI
    Air Date: Sunday, March 11, 2012
    Time Slot: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#1016) "Rest In Pieces" ​

WHEN "THE MIAMI TAUNTER" KILLS AGAIN, HORATIO COMES FACE-TO-FACE WITH THE MATRIARCH OF THE SUSPECTED KILLER'S FAMILY, WHO MAY OR MAY NOT HELP HIS INVESTIGATION, ON "CSI: MIAMI," SUNDAY, MARCH 11 ​

Raquel Welch Guest Stars as Family Matriarch Vina Navarro
    "Rest In Pieces" - When the "Miami Taunter" kills again, Horatio comes face-to-face with the matriarch of the suspected killer's family, who may or may not help his investigation, on CSI: MIAMI, Sunday, March 11 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Raquel Welch guest stars as Vina Navarro, the matriarch of a powerful Miami family. ​

SERIES REGULARS:
    David Caruso (Horatio Caine)
    Emily Procter (Calleigh Duquesne)
    Adam Rodriguez (Eric Delko)
    Jonathan Togo (Ryan Wolfe)
    Rex Linn (Det. Frank Tripp)
    Eva La Rue (Natalia Boa Vista)
    Omar Miller (Walter Simmons) ​

RECURRING CAST:
    Christian Clemenson (Tom Loman)
    Wes Ramsey (Dave Benton)
    Carlos Bernard (Diego Navarro)
    Kuno Becker (Esteban Navarro)
    Olivia Taylor Dudley (Elizabeth Clark)
    Danielle Bisutti (Gabrielle Wade)
    Ryan McPartlin (ASA Josh Avery) ​

GUEST CAST:
    Raquel Welch (Vina Navarro)
    Alex Beh (Kirk Armstrong)
    Richard Herd (Judge Lambert)
    Cari Champion (Female Reporter)
    Victor Dios (Jogger) ​

WRITTEN BY: Marc Dube and Barry O'Brien ​

DIRECTED BY: Sam Hill ​

2. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Hello,

When I saw the promo on TV that Raquel Welch is going to be on, yea she may still look hot to some the "old guys", but heck, she is old enough to be my mother. She must need money badly because I saw her in TV Commercials about her glasses, or sun glasses, or heck, whatever. I recall seeing her on TV when I was a just a kid!

Peace

3. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

Most often, it isn't a matter of needing the money, but the need to keep busy at your craft. Also, perhaps there's a thought that she'll be seen and provide a 'perfect' fit for a particular role. BTW, Raquel has been doing the Foster Grant commercials for several years.

4. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

She looks amazing! I saw her in an interview one time, and she said she has never had plastic surgery. Her secret is living a healthy lifestyle.

5. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

no way:eek:
    I agree she looks gorgeous. But with all due respect assuming her age it`s impossible without the surgery (IMO)

6. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Yeah, don't they all say they look as pretty without plastic surgeries, but she has less wrinkles than I do and I'm in my early thirties...;)
    Anyway, I'm sure she will draw some viewers as she is actually well known and still very attractive.

7. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Hello

Yes, I have seen those Foster Grant commercials and they have guys that look in their 20's just going "nuts" after Ms. Welch. Yes, she may not need the money, but in this day and time, I have seen "guest stars" on other shows, and I'm seeing it more since the economy got so bad the the U.S. almost fell into a depression! My wife and I were looking at Ms. Welch's mouth in tonight's episode. You can tell she has had plastic surgery and I saw where some wrinkles were trying to come out in different shots.

But, all in all, we all get old if we make to to certain ages, so I guess she has done a good job staying in shape after all these years.

Peace

8. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

I believe Raquel is 72 so, whether it's the genes or the docs, fact is she looks incredible. More to the point, she did a fantastic job as a 'baddie'. Hope we see her again in a follow-up episode.

9. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

It was a pretty good episode, although Ryan didn't appear until the last 20 minutes or so. I liked that they used real time instead of flashbacks this time. Ms. Welch had more screentime than most guest stars and did a good job.

10. bgnogan

bgnogan Hit and Run

Pretty good episode! Loved seeing H in the lab again, even though it was just for a few seconds. He needs to be there more.

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Ms Welch did a great job, nice twist with her character, and she got away.
    Ryan did have limited time but his discovery with the lollipop was a huge key to the case.

12. Alessia

Alessia Dead on Arrival

Great episode. I appreciative Raquel Welch very much, she did a really good job. I agree with Greatfan, Ryan didn't appear a lot but he was important... And gorgeous as ever :)

13. wigster

wigster Victim

Good episode tonight, I was a little bit disappointed with the ending i think they could have made it more concrete with Estaban, because there's still a question mark with him. I'm also unsure as to what happened to Diego, his situation changed very quickly leaving me a bit " what the hell just happened? ".
    I think Raquel did ok, but it wasn't a great performance by all means.

14. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Thoroughly enjoyed that one. Plenty of Horatio to keep me happy, and good to see him up against someone (almost) as powerful as he is. Ms Welch was better than I thought she was going to be. Strong plot, strong characters - can't find much bad to say about it. Gave it an A.

15. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I thought the episode was good this week. It was nice to see Horatio in the lab processing evidence (granted this is only the second episode I've seen this season so he could have been doing it all season long, though I doubt it :p) and I liked the distribution between the characters. There was actually quite a bit of continuity so I didn't feel lost when they spoke of the case, which is great if someone happens to only be catching the latter bit of the season.

I thought Welch was a bit lackluster, but then most stunt casting is.

My favourite part had to be the court scene where Horatio testified and basically tore apart the defense. :lol: Good times. Reminded me of the Horatio from many years ago.

Overall, I enjoyed this one. Gets an A from me (and yikes, I think we have that stanky poll glitch again!).