Danny & Rikki - But This Is My Shirt

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by xPORCELAINDOLLx, Apr 10, 2008.

1. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

See I like that kind of storyline. If they talk things through and BOTH want to have a child then ...YEAH go for it. Danny would be such a cute father. ;)
    Can you imagine him swaddling a baby against his bare (very defined ;) ) chest and Rikki watching? How cute and sweet would that be???

Four episodes is enough to really introduce a wonderful storyline for her and him. Also it can lead into future episodes and maybe having Rikki become a series regular as Danny's girlfriend. ;)

[​IMG]

AWWW that is so caring and intimate. :drool:

2. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Yes, and considering their past interactions, Danny and Rikki are more than capable of discussing things like adults. Danny, I can see him being impulsive and wanting to jump straight into the thick of things, but not Rikki ... and that's just one of the things that makes Danny and Rikki together a very compatible couple.

He needs someone who knows who she is and who he is, someone who doesn't jump to conclusions or bases all decisions on what only she wants or expects and gets angry with him just because he doesn't do what she'd hoped. Rikki has proven herself to be all that and a lot more. She never thrust any expectations onto Danny, she talked things through with him in person and made sure she made her say and that he heard her clearly, she was capable of forgiving him for something that most people never could, and she even told him he's a sweet man after everything that's happened.

Honestly? Danny would be a freakin' idiot to not want something more with a woman like Rikki.

Awww, that is sweet indeed. :) It could be at night when everyone's gone to bed and the baby wakes up. It's canon Danny doesn't wear a shirt to sleep so I can see Danny cuddling his baby against a bare chest to soothe it. ;)

Oh definitely! Four episodes with scenes lasting mere minutes in season four were enough to show us a lot about Danny and Rikki and their relationship. Another four (and last checked, that's what the spoilers hint at) is enough to introduce another great storyline for the both of them!

Heheh, who knows, if the ratings are great, TPTB may very well make her a permanent recurring character. After her farewell scene in episode 4x19 and the fact TPTB wants her back ... they must like her very much. ;)

3. ladyhunter

That's how I see it too. TPTB must like her enough to bring her back. And the fact that the spoilers indicate that Danny is taking a vacation to be with her (most likely) is a great set up for their ongoing relationship.

Exactly! She not quite the opposite of him, but she's not just like him either. They do make a great couple. And we know the sex is HOT :evil: :p

4. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Heads up, guys! The promo video for season five is out! :D

According to 1csimfan who saw the video, there's a very brief clip of Danny punching ... Ollie Barnes! :eek: Yep, it looks like Ollie's going to reappear in season five.

Think it'll be rather redundant to say Danny's going to go into super protector mode over Rikki again, eh? :lol: If Ollie's threatening to hurt Rikki in any way, Danny will be sticking to her like a second skin! Think about how fast he went off on Ollie just for badmouthing her!

What do you guys think Ollie is back for?

More importantly, what will possibly happen that would make Danny slug Ollie in the face again? :eek:

In the event there is a trial (for either Ollie or Rikki), I don't see a trial plot lasting for more than an episode. Rikki's been confirmed to return for more than two episodes and up to four. And knowing how deceiving promos can be (remember the one for episode 4x13?), it's possible Danny punching Ollie in the face could be for something as simple as Ollie badmouthing Rikki again and taking out his frustrations on Rikki before/during his trial.

Or, as 1csimfan speculated in the spoiler thread ... what if Ollie decides to stalk Rikki in some twisted idea that it's her fault the outcome of his upcoming trial is going to be very bad for him? His actions did cause the tragic death of her son, after all. But since he's proven himself to be a total a-hole by saying Rikki 'deserved to have her son die', I can see him being so messed up in the head he'll convince himself Rikki's the 'bad guy' of the situation.

EDIT: Okay, it seems the clip of Danny punching Ollie may be from episode 4x13 after all. :guffaw: If that's the case, then we're back to square one in knowing the purpose of Rikki's return. Still good news for us though! It's confirmed Rikki will be back for more than two episodes and up to four so whether or not Ollie actually returns, at least we know Rikki definitely will! :D

Yep. :D I'll be bowled over if it really does turn out to be that way.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  5. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

There's a new spoiler from Matt at TVGuide!

Well.

It's probably safe to say that by the time Rikki appears in season five, whatever's going on with Danny and Lindsay will be over and done with.

Last I heard, they've already filmed up to episode four, possibly up to episode six by now. Seeing as this spoiler came out on Friday and Carmine has yet to film episodes featuring Jacqueline Pinol/Rikki, I'm thinking Rikki's going to appear after episode 5x06 ... the one where Danny supposedly requests for a vacation from Mac. ;) So yeah, I'm more convinced now the vacation Danny puts in for will involve Rikki.

Also, episode 5x08 is the 100th one. ;) Who wants to bet Rikki's going to appear in that one?

I dunno about you guys but I'm sure excited for season five! :D Nothing better than continuity involving two great characters who go great together! :D

6. ladyhunter

Yeah!
    That's great news! :thumbsup: not only about anything happening with Danny and Lindsay but more stuff happening with Danny and Rikki. I'm interested to see how the whole Ollie/Rikki storyline turns out. If she testifies against him and Danny is there to support her. It could be why he's taking some time off. To be there for her. :hugegrin: Or Danny could try to find out what's going on, on his own. :wtf: Now THAT could be an interesting storyline. Could you imagine the hell he'd catch from Mac? And everyone else? But, knowing Danny, he'd go behind Mac's back anyway. Just to find out what's going on with Rikki and how he can keep her safe.

Those are my ideas for Danny/Rikki in the upcoming season. ;)

7. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I got my TV Guide in the mail today and there is a huge article for returning favorites and I found this for CSI:NY:

Danny's (Carmine Giovinazzo) old fling Rikki (Jacqueline Pinol) returns with a big secret that could rupture his romance with Lindsay (Anna Belknap).

Now I'm wondering if she really IS going to be pregnant. I know Ausiello said no but with this spoiler could it be that she will come back pregnant? My first thought was NO, she won't be pregnant because they already said so. This is nuts but in the back of my mind, between Child's Play and AiTF, I had this strange idea that maybe Ruben had been Danny's kid. Crazy, yes but I did have that thought.

8. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Ausiello did say he might "eat his words" by saying she won't return pregnant, so I think that's the only viable option. If Ruben was Danny's kid Rikki's comment that he was a guy she "said hello to at the mailbox" really wouldn't make sense (not that it did anyway, but you know what I mean). Also, I don't think Ruben being Danny's kid would "rupture" the Drama Llama. The only thing I can think of that would be big enough to "rupture" a "romance" :rolleyes: would be having a Danny or Rikki Jr. on the way.

9. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Woohoo! More spoilers! :cool:

I take spoilers from TVGuide magazine with a chunk of salt ever since the one they had for the season four finale totally went bust. :lol:

For this particular one, in comparison with the others, I'm still inclined to take it with salt but it does support the majority of the spoilers: that DL will eventually end and Danny will be with Rikki. For what reason, we still don't know.

'Big secret'? Like PerfectAnomaly said, the only 'big secret' I can think of that'll 'rupture DL', possibly for good, is Danny and Rikki having a baby. And yeah, Ausiello did say he was 'probably going to eat his words'. :lol: Looks like Rikki being pregnant isn't just 'rumor fandom talk' after all.

Huh. How will Danny Messer cope with being a father? Will he see this as an opportunity for redemption for what happened to Ruben? A second chance to do things right? A new life with someone who understands him and genuinely and deeply cares for him? All of the above? ;)

10. ladyhunter

New Spoilers

Well, it looks like all the lovely spoilers about Danny and Rikki have been changed. More like destroyed. :rolleyes: :scream:
    What I don't understand is that why would Danny go back to Lindsay when he had such a connection with Rikki? And the idea of Rikki coming back to be with Danny or vice-versa has been changed too. Again, WHY TPTB went this way, I'm not sure. :confused:

On a positive note, as a Danny/Rikki shipper, I want to believe that Danny will be with Lindsay out of obligation and not because he loves her.

11. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Yep, and most pathetic of all, it's blatantly obvious TPTB chickened out and changed routes at the very last minute. What a shame it is, really. You can tell just from the earlier spoilers that TPTB had fully intended to go with Rikki being the pregnant one, and although I'm sure Anna Belknap's pregnancy was a big factor in the change of plans, TPTB very likely knew it at the beginning of the break, months ago, and yet, still went with Rikki being pregnant until so recently. I'm also pretty sure this was largely a network-forced decision and hence, I'm giving the writers a tiny bit of leeway in going with such a terrible alternative that I believe will officially cause the show to jump the shark in the worst way.

Heh, you just pointed out one of many reasons why the change of plans doesn't even make sense. If you've read the recent spoilers from Pam Veasey via Ausiello at Entertainment Weekly, you can instantly tell she was trying her hardest and failing at pushing this last minute change of plans as something 'good'.

It's going to take a LOT more than a bunch of statements from one of the writers to convince me of anything on screen. The fact TPTB even felt the need to frantically 'back up' the sudden change of route in storyline says volumes about this development. To me, it screams BAD in neon, capital letters. Good storytelling doesn't require the writer(s) trying to justify events and developments in their story, period. The story should be able to stand on its own and tell the audience everything they need to know.

When it can't, it means there's a high chance it's going to fall apart sooner or later. I just hope TPTB has a back up plan in the event this particular plot they're going with fails on them big time.

Well, if the episode goes according to the spoilers I've read, I doubt Veasey's comment of them being 'happy' about the baby will be true, unless 'sad' and 'confused' are the new definitions for 'happy' these days. But in light of the new spoilers, I'm assuming the lowest of the low until proven otherwise.

12. ladyhunter

I watched All in the Family (I think that's what the episode is called :confused:) Where Rikki finds out Ollie is out on bail and goes after him. She takes Danny's gun...

The scene in the alley had me hooked again on these two. He called her sweetheart. :luvlove: He really did and still does have feelings for her. I mean, he could have refused her when she came to his door in Right Next Door but he didn't. He wanted to hold her and make her pain go away. Making love to her was his way of being close to her.

ARGH!!! :mad: :scream: WHY did TPTB create this very dumb and really unrealistic storyline between Danny and Lindsay just because Anna is pregnant???? They had such a good thing going with Danny and Rikki!!!! He obviously cared for her and the way the spoilers were going she was going to be more involved in his life... BUT NO!!! :brickwall: I guess I will be one of the ones stuck to my chair just to see how much of a fiasco it will be. :rolleyes:

13. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Yep, indeed Danny did call Rikki sweetheart. :) What stood out to me in that scene was how focused Danny was on Rikki, as well as the little affectionate touches between them.

[​IMG]

I believe this was the moment he called her sweetheart, right before he stood between her and Ollie and put himself directly in front of his own gun. That's how much he trusted her; if he hadn't been sure she wouldn't harm him, I doubt he would have done what he did in the first place.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of the things I love very much about the interaction between Danny and Rikki is how genuine it comes across, no matter how small the action may be. It's never forced and it's always natural and believable.

Yeah, him wanting first and foremost to ease her pain and make it go away is often overlooked. Of course, I'm not surprised about that since accepting that as a mere possibility is already enough to cast doubts about whatever Danny feels for another character in the show. :rolleyes: And judging from the majority of the early spoilers and from Lenkov's latest interview with CSI Files, we would have been bang on the money about Rikki returning pregnant with Danny's baby if it hadn't been for ...

Yeah, if it hadn't been for Anna Belknap being pregnant. To me, the fact they decided, at the very last minute, to change a huge storyline just to accommodate a real life pregnancy is a huge sign even the writers didn't intend at all to go with Lindsay being the pregnant one. It ends up coming across to me that, this time, they just can't be bothered hiding Belknap's belly, even if it means making the show jump the shark and going along with a very bad move.

What a shame that is. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is one of those moves that can't be retconned should things go down the crapper without resorting to something really drastic (and probably really ridiculous). It'll be something that'll smack TPTB and the audience in the face every week. Yikes. What a turn off!

Well, dismal as the latest developments are for season five, here are some sweet comments from Jacqueline Pinol:

She's an absolute sweetheart, she is. Personally, I think CBS did her character a disservice by pulling what they've pulled. :mad:

14. ladyhunter

I agree...

I mean they had such a good thing with her and Danny. So much caring and love between them got waisted! :scream:
    She brought Danny's character so much more maturatiy. She didn't work at the lab, they knew each other from their apartment buildings, so they saw each other during their daily lives. It's such a shame that they have to destroy a perfectly good story-arc for both their characters with an unbelievable storyline. :mad:

15. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

I completely agree. Even though I'm a Danny/Don shipper at heart, I still loved the Danny/Rikki development. They had an actual basis of their relationship (an unhealthy one, but an established basis nonetheless), and they had such great chemistry. As opposed, of course, to DL. Their scenes are more forced and flat-line than the Danny/Rikki scenes. It was such a great pairing. Too bad TPTB ruined it. :(