CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - This City Never Sleeps

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I agree about the Lindsay part.Killing her off will also "set free" Danny again.

2. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I disagree. Obviously, I have no clue what they're going to do down there (it's downright weird how there's been a 3:1 female-male ratio of cuts in the last few weeks), but adding with the mess that S6 was, I'm feeling about 99% sure that Lindsay/Anna leaving = me done with the show. That would be way too many last straws.

3. JoeyDC

JoeyDC Rookie

CSI:NY Fan Wiki has posted a synopsis about episode 1 of season 7. Do you guys know anything about that? Is it legitimate? I know you are always up to date when it comes to that and I consider that message board a more reliable source.

I highly doubt that if they get rid of Anna/Lindsay, it will be a big (money) viewers loss. Just like Hill, she's one of the replaceable ones and I also prefer the idea of Danny being single again. His character was WAY more interesting and entertaining when he was not playing the loving hubby who was whipped by boring Montana girl. I want a typical New Yorker girl like Aiden on the show again!!!

4. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^ I think that Wikipedia spoiler first got passed around on IMDb, so I wouldn't trust it too much ;) It came out only a few days after the finale, so I don't think it's real.

I wouldn't call either Hill or Anna replaceable myself, but tbh I have no clue what effect it would have. People have noted the same thing about other characters that were once cut from the franchise (Sara, Warrick, Eric). On the other hand, it might not be smart to start cutting characters and alienating parts of fanbases at a time when two CSIs and several of CBS's other big-money shows are changing timeslots...but I was speaking purely in terms of myself. If they start cutting certain characters on top of everything else (Lindsay being one), I think I'm done. Danny isn't really much of a factor for me, because as much as I love the guy and wish he'd be interesting again, he was never one of the factors that drew me to the show or kept me watching.

...And if his being interesting again really is entirely dependent on a separate character's presence or absence, I'm kind of thinking that's even more reason to be done with it. =/ That doesn't exactly leave me with confidence in the show's abilities.

5. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

^^ I really don't want them to be cutting anybody and certainly not Anna/Lindsay. I think there is a potential for her to get a good story out of the finale - not that she will necessarily but who knows?

I'm not really up on other shows and their history in terms of cuts, but I wonder if NY did enough last year to avoid the hammer this year. They killed off Angell while three other characters seemed to be juggled in terms of the number of episodes they were in. I wonder if that was done intentionally to avoid a situation of losing a regular altogether. Just a thought. :)

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Agreed. Though Lindsay is far less offensive these days than she was in previous seasons--probably due to her reduced schedule and the fact that the character is largely in the background--the whole marriage/baby storyline has really diminished Danny, who was once an interesting character. Booting Lindsay could infuse some life back in Danny.

I kind of doubt anyone from CSI: NY will be cut though. The cast has pretty much been the same since third season, and the workaround NY seems to be to cutting Anna, AJ and Robert's episode orders.

What's the Wiki spoiler?

7. JoeyDC

JoeyDC Rookie

Good to know I'm not the only one who feels that way!

You can find the season 7 spoiler on CSI:NY Wiki under Episode Guide. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it here. I don't think it's legitimate anyway.

8. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

When I saw the news about the CM changes, I immediately thought about CSI:NY. I see some interesting parallels between the characters of JJ and Lindsay, and while I would take no pleasure in seeing an actor losing a role, I can see reasons why a character like Lindsay might be written off this series.

Whether these types of changes will happen on NY though, probably depends on how the people in charge view the show's future. If they've sort of given up on the show and are putting it out to pasture with the Friday move, then they can probably continue with the current cast and format -- with the show continuing to decline until the inevitable cancellation. If they are hoping to revitalize the show (and it's ratings), however, they'll need to make more substantive changes to the characters, storylines, and format.

It's probably not a popular opinion, but I think they have more regular characters than they need given the format and structure of the show. And the way they utilize the characters has diluted the development and impact of all of them, including the leads. So, given what is happening with some of the other CBS dramas, I would not be surprised to hear they are also looking at potential changes to NY.

9. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

:lol::lol::lol::lol:!!!!! Agreed!!!

I absolutely LOVED Aiden and Danny together! They WERE a PERFECT fit!!! And YES he would do well with a New York girl someone from the bronx would be good!
    Could not find it could they have removed it already? What did it say? All I saw was a possible title called "relapse" and PLEASE OH PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE DONT let it be Danny have a "Relapse" to his shooting injury and Lindsey promising to "Bring her umbrella"" ENOUGH OF THEM ALREADY GAGH!!!!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  10. JoeyDC

JoeyDC Rookie

Yes! Aiden and Danny were so great together. I loved scenes with those two, and there was a lot of chemistry :). Really NOTHING is between Lindsay/Danny. They could be siblings if it comes to special chemistry LOL.

11. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Is this spoils that you speak JoeyDC?

12. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

^That is so funny! I even saw CSI with "For Langston" as the next premiere! :lol: :guffaw: The TWO-HOUR season premiere on a FRIDAY night is also funny!

I like the field trip with Adam and Sid though! It think it would be hilarious! :lol:

13. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

12 suspects died in Mac's custody? Ouch, I bet that one hurt, Maccie boy :guffaw:

14. JoeyDC

JoeyDC Rookie

Yes, that's the one I read. It sounds too ridiculous to be true though. Unless the writers have really lost their mind now!

I asked the girl who posted it on CSI:NY Wiki and she said she had the info from wikipedia and Jerry Bruckheimer's site. I looked on Jerry's site and couldn't find anything. I removed it from the Eddie Cahill Fansite again. I'll wait until you guys post the real spoilers which I'm already looking forward to :).

15. -iloveyouu

-iloveyouu Civilian

Hi, I'm new here and I just wanted to share this info I found. It is on wiki, so...anyone could of put it, but it's for season 7 and it says every cast member is back but Carmine Giovinazzo has not confirmed to be back? :confused:
    Here's the link:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CSI:_NY_(season_7)

And I apologize if i'm not allowed to post this link.
    :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.