CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Re: CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire

well it's true it can be Jillian, however there wasn't any romantic spark between them so why Mac would be forced to choose?

But Ella is interesting (again not like a romantic prospect for Mac, just like someone with some emotional attachement to him)

:D

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

What this could also mean is that they're either going to make this new chick a jealous bitch so that the choice Mac has to make is his relationship with her or his friendship with Stella, or something happens where this new chick ends up leaving and his choice is to go with her or stay at the lab.

Or -- Mac and Lindsay no longer fight their chemistry and have an affair. Danny finds out and divorces her and Flack is there to pick up the pieces. They finally realize they have feelings for one another that go beyond friendship and all four have a combined marriage/commitment ceremony, find a nice duplex to live in and share custody of Lucy.

ETA: I don't think Jane or Jillian or Quinn or Ella or anyone else I'm not thinking of would be considered "very well known" to the average NY fan. I think the only three women who are would be Stella, Peyton and Claire and Claire is dead and sure as hell better stay that way.

3. Tee

Tee Hit and Run

PA- Wow I nearly fell off my chair when I read your 'Mac/ Lindsey affair' ... and its subsequent consequences. wouldn't that be something. One things for sure, if they did that, the show would be renamed "CSI: the soap opera"... But with all the DL drama going on, we're heading in that direction.

With regards to the "jealous bitch" theory, didn't the actress play some sort of similar role in gossip girl? I don't, and refuse to, watch it but at least she'll know what she's doing lol...

Hopefully at the end of all this, we'll still be watching a crime show and not a sappy day time soap.Whatever they do with the new love interest, I hope it'll loosen Mac up, make him more human and have decent interactions with the other charaters.

4. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

hmm interesting stuff! i disagree that it would be rose - she was in csi for, oh, 5 minutes? it hardlt makes her very well known.

i think gillian and quinn would be more well known but i doubt whether it'd be enough for anyone to call them very well known...

ella - hmm well i liked ella (i know i'm in a minority but i kinda related to her) but i think it's unlikely, i never really saw any hints of a romantic attachment there anyway - she seemed more like she was just going for the first person that seemed to give a crap, almost in a more paternal type of way.

peyton - i'd rather it wasn't i guess, i think they wrote her out for a reason, i didn't hate her but i didn't think she was great, i just don't think they'd gain anything by bringing her back.

i think they could gain from having jane back - there definitely seemed to be something there in s1, she often seemed like the only person mac ever relaxed around, it was nice to watch. but i'm guessing that if she's just been doing a successful show like lost, her actress career options won't ideally focus around returning to something she was doing before. that's what actresses do when their prospects dry up!

i think the most obvious option *is* stella but i don't know whether the quote should necessarily be taken in the most obvious way - i think it may involve her but whether it will also involve her and mac being together i'm less convinced.

however, i don't know, i still have a hunch that csi ny may not be around all that much longer, at least as we know it - it's just a hunch, i can't really explain it, so please don't jump down my throat! - and stella said something about the 2 leads getting together often being the end of a show (which could also imply a major change).

hmm it's interesting tho :D

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Wow! This sounds like it just could be one of the best eps of NY to date! I didn't even know that Hawkes had a sister who died. Now that's just itching for a storyline where something happens to Sam (not necessarily dying, but nearly so) and Hawkes being able to identify with Flack over it and the two bonding some.

I have to say though that the whole thing with Shane Casey and him supposedly still being behind bars, yet all these things are happening that look like its his doing is starting to remind me of that movie they've been advertising lately "Law Abiding Citizen" (where a guy is behind bars and still manages to kill people outside of the prison walls).

It better bloody well NOT be Peyton! Ugh! I think they're trying to make us think its Stella, but I honestly can't see the writers going there just yet. As much as I love the idea of Stella/Mac, I'm not sure the writers would do it justice. Who the heck is Rose by the way? Don't remember her. I remember Peyton, Jillian, Jordan, Claire, etc... but not Rose.

What bothers me is that they just sort of dropped the whole Ella storyline. She was kind of obsessed with Mac and said "I will make him love me", but it went nowhere. Talk about your plotholes. :lol:

Yeah cause if she doesn't stay dead then this show will have officially turned into a primetime soap. :lol: Bobby on Dallas came back from the dead via a dream of Pam's. They better not pull anything like this on NY. :lol: Didn't JR come back from the dead a few times too? :lol:

As for the fate of the show, on EW site, there was something about renewels of shows and whatnot and for Miami and Vegas it says "a sure thing" that they will return, but for NY it only said "a safe bet" rather than "a sure thing" like for the other two CSI shows.

6. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

About the fate of the show ...

In the "New York" encouters an old foe and a new friend, it has been said :

The killer will definitely be back just in time for the season six finale, which will feature a cliffhanger that will leave fans guessing

I suppose they already planned the first episode of season 7 :lol::lol::lol:

At least I hope :thumbsup::thumbsup:

7. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

a-w00t! :D

Thanks, sounds very promising indeed. Good to see Hawkes is getting into the thick of things!

Only caveats:

- I hope part of this whole Shane Casey thing is that he does not somehow escape, and he becomes another nemesis on the loose. Again. And if that's the cliffhanger, will they or won't they catch him... bleh.

- I hope the badge issue is brought up before this particular episode and it's not just sprung in here

1) Yay, any Sid/Hawkes scenes are welcome scenes

2) I'm glad there's writing that the cast is excited about, hopefully it all translates to a coupla great eppies to round out a rather uneven season.

I guess it's possible that Casey will have a small army of minions at his brilliantly and insidiously manipulative disposal to help pull the strings that have made at least Danny dance, and perhaps a few more by the time this episode is done.

Looking forward to seeing how a Hawkes-centric story will also mesh with the re-emergence of Shane Casey, who to this point has only targeted Messer.

All that said, my first flash was to the NCIS ep where McGee was trapped in the women's prison riot. :p. This sounds as though it has the potential to be both a good mystery and provide some pithy stuff for Sheldon.

Oh fer the lovafrickinchrist, must they be so damn coy with alla this? The whole "'very well' known" qualifier? :lol:. Bastards.

I hope it may be referring to Peyton. But who knows. Can't say any of Mac's other ...erm, vaguely flirtatious encounters, were with characters one could say are Very Well Known to viewers.

If it means a choice between the new ER doc and for some reason Stella in some personal dilemna, I'll hurl. I'll hurl the contents of my stomach, something at the teevee, possibly the teevee itself... :lol: Unless they're wrapping up the series, any other implications will lead to a bit of a mess. For me and the show both... :lol:

I also liked Peyton, so wouldn't mind her somehow being a factor in all this. They wouldn't even hafta necessarily have Claire Forlani make any sort of return to the show to be a wrench in the works, simply reference her thru writing. Could be interesting.

Mac's come a long way since S1 :p;).

I suppose the only thing that gives me slight pause, beyond even considering Stella as some factor, is the fact that Mac's new relationshiop will apparently be moved to a regular and settled thing in a relatively swift fashion before he must ultimately choose a direction to puruse., one way or another.

Hope the casting sparks enough to make it crackle.

Oh. God.

:lol:

I would be hurling so much more if Ella makes a return :lol:.

I just hurled a teeny tad of my coffee.

Thanks, PA :lol:. Thanks ever so much. Now I feel both nauseous and lacking caffiene before my meal break ends and the madness begins again.

Well. At least there'd be a happy ending somewheres :lol:.

Seconded there. 'nuff said.

Hurling myself into the rest of the day. Wuz a more fun pass thru than the usual. Int'restin' stuff. :p.​

8. wildcat

wildcat Witness

OMG!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :drool: ;) :D

I see the ONLY possibility for a "very well known" woman. :cool: But who knows what choice did Mac made? :rolleyes: Amick's character (I'd hate her even more if that's possible :evil: ) or his old friend. (I think that whoever is this "very well known" woman, all of them were also his friends.;) )

I would love to see finally some developments in Mac-Stella storyline. :thumbsup: But at the same time it really scares me. - Dear writers, please, please, please, don't spoil it! - Don't force it, don't push, go slo-o--oo-owly, stay with the hints, don't transform this into a soap opera, - and then we'll love it. ;) :thumbsup:

Well, I would think that Peyton was gone for a reason and I don't really see her coming back.

You think Mac/Stella would "grate even worse"? I believe it depends on how it will be treated by the writers. It will grate if the relationship is pushed down the viewers' throats.
    On the other hand, it probably won't be badly received if it's treated with tact. We don't really need to see all the details of their relationship - certainly not putting them into bed like they did with Peyton and Adam. :shifty: - Gary and Melina both are amazing actors and can express so much without steamy-soapy scenes. :p So I think that just hints would be quite enough and it would allow to get some character development without falling into a love drama. ;)

Well, the spoiler actually says nothing about what was the choice. :cool: Whom did Mac chosen? It could be the "new love interest" for all we know.:rolleyes:
    I so hope they won't destroy a beautiful friendship for the sake of installing this new chick on the show. I (and probably many others) won't ever forgive that. :evil:

(BTW, I would love to see Mac and Stella as more than just friends, but if it entailed destroying their friendship, it would just as well be absolutely unforgivable.)

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:
    Do you write fanfics? ;)

Absolutely agree. And Peyton better not come back - lots of people outright hated her the first time over. I'd think that since she basically betrayed Mac, she'd encounter even worse reception the second time. :p

I hope so too. Except I can see all that coming not with the "new love interest", but with finally stopping this ratrace in search of new interests and focusing on what they have. ;)

Oh, please, I really hope they go to the next season and beyond. - Even despite having a rather uneven season and sometimes weak episodes, this is still the BEST of the CSI shows. :thumbsup: It would be a shame if they stopped it now for any reason.

9. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Ok, seriously, I had such a sense of deja vu when I read this. Either we've had a similar conversation on here before, or I'm just crazy - but I could swear I've read something so similar to that before. :wtf:

:shifty: *hides fanfic notes* You didn't see anything...

;) ;) ;)

Anyway, for my part I think this is all going to end up being misleading in the end. It sounds like they're trying to get us talking rather than actually revealing anything concrete.

10. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

Yes Faylinn I think your right plus there are no new episode before the end of olympic games so they just give a bone to keep us talking:lol::lol:

11. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

They're totally stirring us up for no real reason :lol:, but I absolutely do think Mac/Stella would grate a lot. Worse than Peyton, I guess I can't say until they've actually done it, but I just don't see the magic chemistry between Mac and Stella, and I think I'd be irritated if they destroy one of the most compelling friendships on the show for romance. Great writing might get around that, but I'm looking at the way the other current CSI couples have been done and I'm not exactly infused with confidence. I'd actually prefer the quick bedroom Adam/Stella Mac/Peyton scenes.

12. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I really hope that Mac and Stella never get together.

13. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

Ah geez, are they really gonna go there??? Really????? They're going to make Mac choose between two women???

14. flying mouse

flying mouse Witness

Idiotic writers... :rolleyes: They really want CSI: NY to be differentiated from other crime shows, by following the examples of Harlequin romance and day time soap. :guffaw:

15. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I say just the opposite-that they better get together lol

I've heard of the prison hostage riot storyline thingy being done before too, on older shows. (5-0...mom still likes to watch the old ones)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.