Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Jan 29, 2010.

1. electra

electra Pathologist

Re: Criminal Minds "The Spin-off"

Interesting idea,destiny.But in that case ,the storylines must be really good or something else to keep me watching.There are shows that I liked since the first episode:CSI las vegas,Criminal minds,Prison Break and more but with some of them it takes time to figure them out.I will give it a try.

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Thanks. Actually I didn't start really watching Criminal minds until Joe/Rossi came on, I watched here and there but didn't care for Mandy/Gideon, so it was if the ep caught my eye. But after Joe came on board, I went back and watched all the eps I skipped. :lol:

3. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

"Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior"

My initial reaction: what??? Kind of lame. The original CM is all about suspect behavior, too. Let's see. I hope they can come-up with a better title. Criminal Minds: Special Victims Unit would be awesome but impossible. :)

4. Destiny

Orginially Mary Steenburgen was suppost to re-occur now I don't know if she is or not this story from tv guide online.

Mary Steenburgen Saddles Into Outlaw Country Pilot

Mary Steenburgen has landed a starring role on the FX pilot Outlaw Country, Deadline.com reports.

The 57-year-old actress, who recurs as herself on Curb Your Enthusiasm, will play a powerful country music superstar who's protective of her daughter, Annabel.

The drama follows Southern organized crime and Nashville royalty.

Outlaw Country's pilot was written by Josh Goldin and Rachel Abramowitz. Art Linson and John Linson, of Sons of Anarchy, will executive-produce. Shooter Jennings, the son of late country star Waylon Jennings, will serve as an executive consultant and music supervisor on the project.

Guess I should remove her name lol.

5. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

So sad to hear that CBS has let AJ Cook go and will limit Paget Brewster's screen time for the upcoming season. I was shocked to hear this. Actually I heard about it in a tweet from castmates Joe Mantegna and Kirsten Vangsness, as well as AJ herself.
    http://twitter.com/ajcookofficial
    http://twitter.com/JoeMantegna
    http://twitter.com/Vangsness
    http://twitter.com/pagetpaget
    http://twitter.com/Gibsonthomas
    All castmates have tweeted their shock and disbelief as well. So sad. She will be missed!

6. Destiny

squinn1201 Thank you, but this is the Spinoff thread. Not the orginial. And the twitter addies are in the first post/page of that thread for the orginial cast. ;) Just wanted to let you know is all.

7. Destiny

BTW apparently the money being spent to produce this show, has nothing to do with AJ's being cut from the orginial. Besides they were only ok'd for 13 eps, things will have been seen later if they get eps on the back end. Now moving on to this story.

Tv Guide: Janeane Garofalo in Talks to Join Criminal Minds Spin-Off

Janeane Garofalo (former 24 Janis Gold), last seen helping out Jack Bauer on 24, is in talks to join the cast of CBS' Criminal Minds spin-off, a rep for the actress confirms.

Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior, the mid-season entry from executive producer Chris Mundy, stars Forest Whitaker as the team leader of an FBI behavioral analysis

Garofalo, 45, was attached to the pilot for a John Wells medical drama set up at CBS, but the network passed on picking up the project to series.

----------------

EW: Exclusive: Janeane Garofalo joins 'Criminal Minds' spin-off

Actress-comedienne-ex-CTU analyst Janeane Garofalo is nearing a deal to join CBS’ Criminal Minds spin-off, sources confirm to me exclusively.

The forthcoming offshoot, titled Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior, stars Oscar winner Forest Whitaker as the leader of an elite team of agents within the FBI’s Behavioral Analysis Unit. Garofalo will play one of those agents.

Garofalo became available after her fall pilot, an untitled medical drama from producer John Wells, failed to make it on the network’s fall lineup.

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Will she be in the place of the other girl or will they have two women? I have never watched 24, so all I know of JG is comedic stuff, so I don't know if I'll be able to see her on this kind of show. She's a great actress and I'm sure she'd do anything she was given very well, but its hard to get the image of her comedic stuff out of my head. Know what I mean?

9. Anna P

Anna P Witness

You don't know about the years of political commentary that causes the pundits at Fixed "Fairly Unbalenced" News to atack her personally?

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Huh? Is Fairly Unbalanced News the name of the show or are you referring to Fox News? LOL. Either way, I dunno... I tend to ignore political stuff. lol.

11. Destiny

I believe Anna was referring to Fox News.

And to answer your question JG looks to be the second female agent, since from what I can tell the original character to play "Director Beth Griffen" isn't being listed. If you remember Mary Steenburgen was said to play that role, but she has since taken on a pilot show (as I noted above) and I haven't seen the characters name anywhere since.

As to JG. Here is her official website and Wikipedia which also tells other shows she was in and only a little of her political stances.

A couple quotes by her from IMDB.

I guess I just prefer to see the dark side of things. The glass is always half-empty. And cracked. And I just cut my lip on it. And chipped a tooth.

After 9/11 disaster from article in Commentary magazine, November 2001: "Who would have thought that I'd be angry on behalf of my country? I'm used to being angry at my country."

You know what is good about these Dixie Chicks burnings or bashings? It's a wonderful, wonderful way for really stupid people to hook up. They meet, they throw some things on the fire, they talk about Vin Diesel, they tell stories about who their favorite Fox anchor is, they exchange phone numbers and in some cases has led to marriages

We're (women) our own worst enemies a lot of the time, but I still blame men.

Edit To Add: The following was part of the Tvguide online Mega buzz..

Mickey's Mega Rave: The promising addition of Janeane Garofalo to the already interesting cast of Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior has me mentally setting my DVR now for its January 2011 debut. Anyone who saw her dramatic turns on The West Wing and 24 knows that she can handle rapid-fire technical dialogue under pressure. Unsubs, beware!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  12. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Personally, I'd like to see our guy as an unsub. Or heck, I know they need a pain-in-the-butt section chief. Our guy can do it. (If it were him, I think I'd celebrate)

If Jeanine Grrafolo is in it, I'll not be tuning in, thanks.

13. Destiny

As posted in the orginial shows thread.

BREAKING NEWS

Is Criminal Minds' Kirsten Vangsness Headed to Suspect Behavior?

Kirsten Vangsness, who plays quirky computer tech Penelope Garcia on CBS' Criminal Minds, is in talks to also appear on the upcoming Minds spin-off, a source close to the show tells TVGuide.com.

If a deal is struck, Vangsness' character could recur or appear regularly on the spin-off, Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior. CBS took a similar approach last season, with Rocky Carroll's Director Leon Vance appearing on both NCIS and NCIS: Los Angeles.

Reps for CBS and Vangsness declined to comment.

The news, first reported by Deadline.com, comes weeks after Criminal Minds did not renew cast member A.J. Cook's contract and cut back the number of appearances planned for Paget Brewster. Cook will return for two episodes in the fall to end her character's story.

Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior stars Forest Whitaker as Cooper, a former big-shot profiler who now runs his own team outside the bureaucracy of the FBI. Janeane Garofalo will also star as a member of Cooper's team. The show will premiere at midseason.

Deadline: 'Criminal Minds' Co-Star Kirsten Vangsness To Reprise Her Role On 'Minds' Spinoff?

EXCLUSIVE: Quirky FBI computer technician Penelope Garcia may be pulling a double duty this coming season. I hear that CBS has approached Criminal Minds co-star Kirsten Vangsness to also appear on the upcoming Criminal Minds spinoff, Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior, on a regular or recurring basis. The network is already employing such cross-pollinating on NCIS and its spinoff NCIS: Los Angeles. Rocky Carroll, regular on the original series, also recurs on the spinoff, playing the same character, NCIS director Leon Vance.

With her multi-colored hair, sassy attitude and street smarts, Garcia is one of the standout characters on Criminal Minds with devoted following. The network no doubt hopes her popularity among Criminal Minds fans would give a boost to the new series, slated to launch in midseason. Because of the mostly stationary setup – her character spends most of her time behind her computer desk - I hear Vangsness usually works one day a week on the mothership series and could fit in filming scenes for the spinoff too. Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior stars Forest Whitaker as Cooper, a former star profiler in the Behavioral Analysis Unit who now runs a team that exists outside of FBI bureaucracy. Janeane Garofalo recently joined the cast of the series as a new female lead, a highly competent FBI agent on Cooper's team.

Criminal Minds made headlines last month with the network's decision not to pick up series regular A.J. Cook, who will wrap up her character's storyline in two episodes this fall. The original series is planning to add a new female character sometime next season.

14. Destiny

Heads up, its official *now breath and completely read* ;)

It's Official: Double 'Criminal Minds' Duty For Kirsten Vangsness Next Season

I hear Criminal Minds co-star Kirsten Vangsness' deal is done and she will be a regular both on the main series and on its upcoming spinoff Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior, playing FBI computer analyst Penelope Garcia.

UPDATE: CBS just issued a press release confirming Vangsness' deal:

"LOS ANGELES - July 19, 2010 — Kirsten Vangsness, who stars as Penelope Garcia in the CBS drama CRIMINAL MINDS, will also join the midseason series CRIMINAL MINDS: SUSPECT BEHAVIOR as a series regular. Garcia, a computer wizard who helps research cases, will play the same role and support the "Suspect Behavior" BAU team headed up by Special Agent Sam Cooper, played by Academy Award-winner Forest Whitaker.

"In reality, the real BAU teams share analysts, so it made sense for us to combine the positions on TV," explained CRIMINAL MINDS: SUSPECT BEHAVIOR Executive Producer Chris Mundy. "On a personal note, Kirsten is amazing, both personally and professionally. Her talent will make our new series that much better both on screen and behind the scenes."
    "I'm super excited to be invited onto the series," said Vangsness. "The cast is astounding and I love playing this character."

CRIMINAL MINDS: SUSPECT BEHAVIOR will star Forest Whitaker, Janeane Garofolo, Matt Ryan, Michael Kelly and Beau Garrett. CRIMINAL MINDS and CRIMINAL MINDS: SUSPECT BEHAVIOR are produced by ABC Television Studios in association with CBS Television Studios. The executive producers are Chris Mundy, Edward Allen Bernero, Mark Gordon and Deborah Spera."

Twitter conformation... From Kristen

-I have been asked to hang out with the spin off gang & have said yes. I love to work and love my job and am excited to see what happens...

-If this was IN ANY WAY RELATED to the pals being fired I would not do it. It's truly unrelated and I get to act more. What happened to the..

-All I wish is that folks continue watching and listening and doing whatever makes happy & I will do the same which means I will sometimes..

15. Anna P

Anna P Witness