Concerts.

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by kazzy, Aug 2, 2005.

1. saraneth

saraneth Witness

Then there is the WALL OF DEATH. Killswitch Engage did the WOD at warped tour. That's where the pit divides like the parting of the red sea and comes crashing together. Now that's insane.

I was think about bands that are from the UK that I would like to see live and I was wondering if anyone has seen Within Temptation or Lacuna Coil live.

2. Kam

Kam Hit and Run

Nobody ever knows how to do a circle pit around here :( He might've asked for a circle pit, when I've seen 'em it's usually asked but I don't remember it much. The mosh lasted for like the first song and then the thrashers came out and I was out in back for the rest of the set.

I've always had lousy luck with seats lol, people behind me always start stuff because I just can't find it in me to sit through a whole show. A song gets played that I'm really into and I'm up and pumping my fist.

It's just the crowds that go for those type. No respect and no care and it can get really dangerous. If I'm in the pit and people get knocked down I'm always picking them up because I like the same done for me. I was at an Avenged Sevenfold show last year and the pit was insane, just huge and it started off nice and fun and when people fell down they got helped up then some muscle heads came in and it got scary. There was a pile of us at one point because they just kept on shoving everyone who was trying to help everyone up.

That's actually when I got thrown. :D This huge guy, which I nicknamed micky mouse on steroids, must've realized a dog pile int he middle of the mosh pit wasn't the best idea and just started picking people up and throwing them, or really I guess just picking up and pushing em out of the way but I got thrown. Fun times, made me hate cement, but fun times. Got him back when everyone was up though, oh he flew too HEE!

The only thing to really be afraid of in mosh pits is thrashers and boyfriends. :D I've seen a couple of fights start up because a boyfriend was trying to get his girl through the pit and decided the big open space was the easiest and of course people slammed into them.

And you don't even have to be in the mosh pit to be in the pit, standing room is generally okay. If you're like second or third from the barricade or stage be ready to fall though and be under people, everyone wants barricade and all it takes is one good shove 15 over and you'll miss a whole song waiting for everyone to get off of you. But it's so much funner then seats because you don't get yelled at for rocking out or for just leaning over too far in your seat. But once again watch out for boyfriends, I swear to god, they're so vicious. They'll take out anyone and everyone if they're girlfriend wants up closer.

But by far the funnest thing about pits or mosh pits or anything like that is dropping crowd surfers! :devil:

See now, never seen a wall death but that would be entirly too awesome for me. Funnest pits are where you know some of the people in there and when everyone gets tired you can just ram each other, see who can't take it. Actually... I might just chill out on the side for a wall of death now that I think more on it, that is an onimous name and I can just imagine why.

3. magicmunchies

magicmunchies Lab Technician

I went to The Police concert on the 17th January. It was absolutely amazing! They are soooo much better live. Fergie also performed, considering I don't like her music she was pretty good

4. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

I've been to over 30 concerts. ive seen a lot of bad people, and a lot of good people. i mean the bad people ive seen usually i was invited and i went for something to do since the ticket was free.

But my favourites that I have seen would be
    Our lady peace
    Paramore
    This providence
    Panic at the disco
    Jacks Mannequin
    R.E.M (because their older stuff is awesome)

Whenever i go to concerts i usually talk to people in line or meet up with people that I know are going to the show.
    Sometimes I go meet the band....

I remember my first concert... IT was the backstreet boys.
    they put on a good show I have to say.
    one thing I hate about concerts now is the price. I know it is based on how much it cost the venue to bring hte band there, and how much the tour costs for the band (since they have to make a little bit off the tour aside from merch).
    When I saw paramore back in May tickets were only 17 bucks!
    Then when they came back to toronto for the third time they were 25 bucks. Not that thats expensive but since they became more popular, they charge more.

The police would be awesome to see Magicmunchies I love the song "De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da"

5. magicmunchies

magicmunchies Lab Technician

I am sooo excited! I have got tickets to ROCK2WGTN! Its in March, and Kiss, Ozzy Osbourne and Alice Cooper are going to be there. It's going to be awesome! I can't believe I got tickets. Yeah I'm sorry for the bragging but I sooo exicited :) :) :)

6. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

I got loads of concerts coming up :D

I've been to the Spice Girls twice already this year.

I'm going to see Alicia Keys next Tuesday, Westlife on Friday, Rihanna on 5th March, Kelly Clarkson on 14th March, Westlife again on 15th & 16th March. Boyzone and more Westlife in May and June

7. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I'm Going to see Santana in June at Birmingham NEC

Me and my brother clubbed together and bought my Mum and Dad tickets for there 25th anniversary as they are fans and its a once in a life time chance kinda thing at 02 Arena.. Then decided we wanted to go so chose a different date, can't wait as I'm not a huge fan but the chance to see a guy that good on guitar is hard to come by and we are 2 blocks from the front.

8. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

How many are going to see Finger Eleven tonight at Copp's?

I'm going with my friends, we are calling it...."The Too Be Young Again trip":p:lol: I love this group, they are absolutely worth seeing, who cares how far I have to travel, it's worth it.;) Besides that, I get to pawn my daughter off on my mom:lol:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
  9. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

I went to see Rain...they are a beatles cover band. They are actually really good. Sounds pretty close to the beatles themselves...it was a fun concert.

And for my bday, i am going to see Gary Sinise's band! :beer: So excited...i wasn't able to get front row, but they are still pretty good seats. I am making my friend go with me :lol: she isn't too impressed.

10. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

The last concert I went to last week in Newcastle, England, there was a FIRE. The roof caught fire after a firework hit some of the rigging. A very eventful night. I did ....excuse my french.....shit myself for a few wee moments during it but all was fine in the end. But of the 140+ concerts I've been to in the last 10 years it was my first fire. It was a *cough* Westlife *cough* concert by the way. I guess it hasn't detered me as I'm of to see Kelly Clarkson on Friday

11. Joolz

Joolz Police Officer

I'm going to see The Foo Fighters at City of manchester stadium in June..can't wait......

12. Roosey

Roosey Captain

I bought tickets to see Alela Diane in a month! I really can't wait, as it's my first concert since last September. I love Alela Diane's music, it's so relaxing!

And I'm planning on going to Sziget (Budapest, Hungary) festival in August.

13. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

I'm not such a big fan of concerts because often enough it's more dangerous than fun. With the amounts of booze flowing there's more of a racket in the audience than on stage and things can get out of hand in a heartbeat (or maybe less).

I prefer Jazz concerts and things like that. Much more enjoyable. :p I sound...like....80 :lol:

14. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

OT: Roosey, I love you for your avatar SO BADLY.

*switches back on*
    I'll so go to Sziget, I only have to travel 100 km because I live in Hungary :D Nice for me. And I'll so meet you there :D Unfortunately I don't know what bands will have concerts in the Sziget festival, but I'm pretty sure I'll have fun because I think My Chemical Romance and Pendulum were there last year, so I guess there will be some bands I like :D

15. ryansnuttytart

ryansnuttytart Rookie

I read about that. If you hadn't added the Westlife bit I would have known which it was.

I've seen Westlife twice already this year in Belfast and Manchester. Seeing them in Wembley, Nottingham, Sheffield and Dublin (can you tell I'm a fan). Also seeing Boyzone as missed them first time round.

Would love to see BSB but they are mid week concerts and it makes it hard to travel.