Awake

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by jafox, Feb 5, 2012.

1. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Yeah, I'm really, really enjoying this show too- every episode has been solid. It seems weird to me that they would have started a quality show at such a weird time of the year. I'm sure that hasn't helped.

Man, I hope we at least know what it all means before the show disappears!

2. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

I did like this show but now that the main guy is going to have a grandchild and the mother is his dead sons' 15 year old ex-girlfriend...I'm kind of have second thoughts about this show. :( Like, what the heck?

3. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I kind of like that twist; and I can't wait to hear what the shrinks have to say about it. LOL. His dreams(?) are certainly getting more in depth, and complicated.
    I'm not too excited about the conspiracy plot; but it looks like that is heating up, so we'll see how it plays out.
    I love watching him solve a crime based on something he saw in the other-verse, and I like how his partners react to him and the believable awkwardness he has with his son.

And, I've decided I really like seeing Jason Isaacs every week. :adore:

4. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

It's actually the conspiracy plot that I want to see MORE of, myself. And I'm wondering if the potential grandchild will keep them from moving to Oregon?

5. Hardline Pro

I think I figured part of the conspiracy theory out. The accident wasn't and accident, the drug lords or whatever were trying to kill him. Damn, I'm really bummed that it's gonna get canceled. :scream:

6. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

It's sad that the show isn't doing well. This is a unique show. I wish we could have more episodes. Based on some articles I read, looks like we're going to get more questions by the finale which more likely wouldn't be answered ever.

7. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Wow. I loved last nite's episode! Jason Isaacs gave an incredible performance.
    Things are coming to a head as he is remembering things, and the conspiracy theory is starting to be really interesting. Who, in deed, can he trust?
    I liked that he met his partner in the 'other' dream world (now with the possibility that he could be dirty, but I hope not); and I loved the ending when he finally reconnected with his son.
    Still not sure how this will be wrapped up in a final episode (I don't know if there are one or two left), but I'll be there!

8. Hardline Pro

I'm glad that the last episode of season 1 of this show was written to be a series finale. It was a good show. :)

9. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Great finale; although I can't say I thoroughly understood what it all meant, but maybe we weren't suppose to. lol

I laughed at the 'dueling' psychiatrists. And Cherry Jones' character having a freeze frame moment was genius. I thought something was wrong with my tv. :lol:

And Jason Isaacs was again awesome throughout. Loved when he kind of melted into himself on the bed. :cool:

At least he got the bad guys, and girl.
    And he had some type of happy ending, even though it seemed a little surreal. Was he waking up from a bad dream, actually two bad dreams, or was he descending deeper into some other dream, that was at least a happier one? It's too bad it's over; it would have been interesting to see where the show went from here.
    But, like a good movie, sometimes you end with more questions than answers. And I'm actually okay with how it ended.

But I will miss this show. It was truly riveting TV in the last few episodes.

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  10. Hardline Pro

Just watched the finale of, what a great ending! It reminded me of Inception. Truly a great show. I'm glad they ended it on a happy note. :)