10x05 - 'Killer Regrets' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

I was not impressed with this episode. I liked the beginning, but that would be something I would want to see in a movie or something non-Miami related. I coukdn't pay attention because I was downloading iOS 5 for my phone and it took hours for my PC to get it together.

Overall, really boring episode. Miami just keeps straying from the great show it used to be. The cases had more variety, the CSIs had little conflicts with one another, and it wan't a freaking set out of Minority Report.... Seasons 8&9 were pretty great, so I'm surprised at this. I'm not even excited for next week because I feel like it will be more of the same..... Does anyone have an idea as to what has changed this season to make it less than stellar?

Ps, sorry if there are any grammar/spelling mistakes. I don't feel like checking and this phone is typing super slow.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Fast Forwarded through the first few minutes. Yawn!

Oh so Horatio hitting Memmo was Memmo's request. "Damn, you've been holding onto that for a while, haven't you?" heh.

Walter's dad's a teacher. We learned something about Walter's family. :)

E.C. powder? Never heard of that... at least I don't think I have.

Luke ... err Scott's hair it too short. Man has he aged since Gilmore Girls.

LOL at Cal saying she will have the guy arrested if he messes with her car again. You go, girl!

New lab tech. I wonder how long she'll be there before she too disappears.
    I wonder if this is the tech who loses her job in an upcoming episode.

"What am I, your barista?" :lol:

Eric's shirt is a nice color.

"Sometimes you gotta dance with the devil to get out of Hell" :D Best line ever!

The husband's alive? :wtf: Didn't see that coming.

Memmo, that's the second time you've said "nothing's for free".

Walter: I would never work for that guy. (O'Shay)
    Cal: I know you wouldn't... but it might not be a bad idea for him to think you would.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  3. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Well I thought it was better than last week's. There were some surprising plot twists. In some strange way, Horatio has been slowly developing an almost "respectful" relationship with Memmo. I don't see the hatred for Memmo that he seems to show other characters. In turn Memmo seems to be in a small way reaching out for forgiveness and redemption. I am interested to see how this progresses. I don't mind the Marisol flashbacks because I always liked her. It was also nice to see Calleigh back in action. And as always I enjoyed Ryan in the cop role!

4. Linda&Horatio

Linda&Horatio Witness

LOL I too thought the song Won't Get Fooled Again was a nice touch. And on the radio or somewhere to boot. LOL That Jerry Bruckheimer, he's so funny. Wonder if that was his idea. :lol:

I love Marisol but even I have had enough of that storyline. I agree completely that it is like hitting your head against the wall. And to sound like a broken record, that's ERIC'S storyline, not H's. Geez, enough already. :scream: :wtf:

I never thought the husband was a killer and to show up at the hospital to kill his wife was a bit of a surprise. But they had to flush him out so I can see how that would be a good way to get him.

Could Memmo have any more tattoos?! all he needs now is his face covered. That may happen if he comes back for another episode. :rolleyes:

I do like that Eric and Ryan worked well together. At least Eric didn't tear Ryan to shreds in this episode. That's a good start.

That O'Shay is one sleazy weasel, trying to get Walter in his corner. Let's see how all this turns out in the end.

There were moments that I was bored but I did enjoy it overall. Sure looking forward to next weeks epi.

5. GregNickRyanFan

I don't think he showed up there to kill her. I think he was genuinely concerned for her. He didn't put his hand on the gun until he knew Horatio was there... and he was upset with her for betraying him... but even then, he didn't attempt to kill her, only to shoot at Horatio. He did tell her he loved her before he turned the gun on Horatio, knowing it would get him killed.

6. davester64

davester64 Victim

"knowing it would get him killed."

Yea, Horatio doesn't seem to know how to make a wounding shot, only the kill shot.

7. GregNickRyanFan

LOL. I always wonder why the writers don't allow Horatio to sometimes (in some cases) just shoot them in the leg (if they're running from him, but toward innocents - shooting them in the back of the knee will often times cause them to flail enough to drop the gun) or arm/hand holding the gun, causing them to drop the gun. If that had been possible in this case, they were already in a hospital, so he could get care for the gunshot wound before they took him to the jail lol.

8. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

I have always understood it's police policy - to stop any chance of a comeback.

9. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

When one is facing an armed opponent who is intent on shooting you, only an idiot would deliberately use a wounding shot as that would leave the assailant with a clear kill shot on you.

For Horatio, this is not a game. He does not like to kill. He gives and in this case gave many warnings. But when time ran out and it was kill or be killed, he killed. He didn't play games.

10. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I thought this episode would be a yawn fest from beginning to end but I found myself intrigued and surprised by the plot twists. I wasn't expecting the husband to be the bad guy and to be alive and to have actually fallen for her. I liked Anita. She wasn't a damsel in distress and could certainly hold her own. I guess that's why I found the hug in the end with Horatio rather nice as opposed to :rolleyes: like I usually do when the poor victims fall in his embrace. I thought the scene in the hospital was intense and I really felt for Anita to have her husband die in front of her.

Can I just say how totally AWESOME Calleigh was in this episode!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :D The scene with O'Shay was pure gold and her getting frustrated with the Hummer was a great little scene. I really, really missed Calleigh in action and talking back to her superiors :lol:. At least I think he is her superior. That was one of the things I really enjoyed about her scenes with Stetler.

Negative things about the episode:

Memmo.... Memmo

There were quite a few jumps of credibility which I chose to ignore completely.

Memmo

Mala Noche, Marisol, Memmo

Oh and Memmo

11. GregNickRyanFan

First of all, I want to put a disclaimer so there's no misunderstanding. I LOVE Horatio and am NOT in any way, shape or form saying anything bad about him. This is a writer issue ONLY that I am referring to.

Police policy is to stop the threat and that can in SOME cases be done without killing the suspect. Cops are trained that if possible, wound the suspect in a way that would disarm them without killing them. This may also be why many cops now carry tasers, so they can stop the threat without killing the suspect. But it IS possible to disarm as suspect with a wounding shot rather than killing them. I know its happened on plenty of shows as well as real life. CSI related, I specifically remember that Stella did it on NY one time. They were in a warehouse or boiler room or something like that I think and he was running from her, but stopping to shoot at her. She was able to successfully disarmed him WITHOUT killing him. So, it is very possible to do.

I honestly don't believe this guy intended to shoot Horatio. I fully believe his whole purpose was to present as a threat in order to commit suicide by cop. I don't think he actually would have shot Horatio. He wanted to die, wanted Horatio to kill him because he couldn't bear to live knowing the woman he loved had turned against him. And if he had intended to shoot Horatio, maybe in this case there was less of a chance of a wound to disarm rather than kill shot. Although as good a shot as Horatio is, I do believe he might have been able to shoot the guy in the hand that was holding the gun, which would have disarmed him (this is tv after all lol). However, then you run the risk of the gun possibly discharging as it hit the floor, so it may be a no win situation.

That said, it IS highly possible in SOME cases to disarm a suspect, thus removing the threat WITHOUT killing the suspect. I just would like the writers to allow Horatio to do that at least once. I'm not sure he ever has LOL. If Stella can do it then I know Horatio can because he's awesome like that. :)

12. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

Liked this one a lot more than last week's. Funny, but I don't mind seeing Memmo anymore. His character is really beginning to develop into something beyond just a lowlife thug and the personal connection with Horatio makes it all the more compelling. Call me crazy, but I think that Horatio may be able to forgive him one day for killing Marisol. :eek: It's just a feeling I got after watching last night's episode.

Good for Walter! I'm proud of him for sticking by H and the team instead of falling for O'Shay's schemes. :thumbsup:

The only things that bothered me about the episode was that no one came running into Anita's hospital room after hearing the gunshot, and I think given their situation, Anita and Carlos would have been relocated somewhere much safer than a beach house with a bunch of open windows and only ONE police officer standing outside.

A great ep overall and I loved the interaction between H and Memmo. I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him, or O'Shay.

13. Zipster

Zipster Witness

I agree - also, H has just recovered from being shot, so maybe he's just not chancing another... :thumbsup:

14. GregNickRyanFan

That's a good point. I never thought of that. :)

15. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Although I am getting sick of the Mala Noche and Memmo, I was surprised that I rather liked this episode.

Random Thoughts:

I agree with the posters who liked Anita because she wasn't a damsel in distress. She was pretty brave going back, knowing she had a good chance of being killed.

Having her husband the assassin and faking his own death was an interesting twist.

Okay, since O'Shay is part of this citizen committee, that gives him the right to wander the halls of Miami's crime lab and bark orders? Kodo for Calleigh for getting in O'Shay's face. I love festy Calleigh!!

Although Ryan wasn't in it a lot, his scenes were quality.

No Natalia.:angryrazz:

"Sometimes you have to dance with the devil to get out of hell"--I love Frank.

While I am glad they showed Walter telling Calleigh he wouldn't work with O'Shay, if he approached Ryan, we wouldn't hear that comment and we'd assume Ol' Ryan was a narc.:scream:

Walter's dad is teacher. Wonder what Ryan's dad does?

I am not ragging on Walter.

Looking forward to next week.