What's Your Blood Type?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Mar 3, 2006.

1. sissi59100

sissi59100 CSI Level Three

awwww no dont felle sorry **huggles cabcere***... imsorry for you dad :( but i know what you mean about dont giving your blood..... you feel kinda "guilty" to give your blood since you knwo you have that factor...but you know if your doctor said it would'nt affect the person who will receive it, trust him ;)

2. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

It's okay Inge :).

Cabcere, that must have been a terrible ordeal to get over. The information is useful actually. I never knew blood clots could prevent someone from being able to donate blood. Makes me wonder how lucky I am...

3. Caro86

Caro86 Rookie

i've got A+, like so many others ^^

4. carlz31

carlz31 Coroner

i've got AB+ too, WolfeSanders and inge...or so my mum tells me...everyone else in my family has more common ones, all except me!

5. never_a_promise

never_a_promise Pathologist

Shuriyu if your parents both have type O then you will have it as well.

6. pizzapie

pizzapie Pathologist

O+, universal donor
    We actually did a blood typing experiment in a summer program I was in once. Mine was hard to tell because I had so much blood on the slide. Bled too much where we pricked our fingers.

7. JDonne

JDonne CSI Level One

O- is the "universal donor" not O+, because O+ cannot give to someone with O- and AB+ is the "universal recipient" when dealing with packed red cells. Though the terms universal donor and recipient are not at accurate, but the explanation would be long, drawn out, and maybe a bit boring for some.

I am O-.

Ali

8. draig_goch

draig_goch Lab Technician

ye enyone can have my blood Orh-
    hang on i think I have alrady said this saoorry if i have

9. ladytrinity

ladytrinity Lab Technician

What an interesting question, specially because yesterday I donated blood and today one of my co-workers went to donate blood herself so we were talking about it all day long . . .
    It seems that man can't donate more than 4 times a year and woman not more than 3, with at least 2 months in between. Women can't donate more than 3 because they/we, whatever, loose too many iron on their/our periods.

10. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

I'm an O+ so what does that mean?

11. ladytrinity

ladytrinity Lab Technician

That you are as cool as I am!!!

And I believe it also means that you can give blood to anyone except the ones with 0- blood type. And I think that we can only receive 0+ blood. Could anybody else check this?

12. ancienttomb

ancienttomb CSI Level Three

I'm AB-.......only 10% people in East Asia is AB type and only 5% people are AB type in Caucasion......what if I got Leukimia?.....

13. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

Ancient! Don't think that! :lol: AB is a wonderful blood type because the people who have it are one of a kind. In a good way I might add! :D

14. ancienttomb

ancienttomb CSI Level Three

I know my blood type is rare.....you know when I was a little kid, my parents always said:" If you got Leukemia, that equals life sentense....".....lol :lol:, I cried as if I really had leukemia.... :lol:

15. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

Your parents said that?? Whoa, that must have frightened you! What were they thinking telling that to a kid.

Well don't worry. Leukemia patients are usually pale, weak and get sick easily. It would be really aweful if someone with a rare blood type gets this cancer. It'll be hard to get a bone marrow donor. :(