What's one thing you wish hadn't happened in CSI?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by dna1009, Jun 22, 2008.

1. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I totally agree with everything you just wrote. My understanding was that Sofia's departure had more to do with another show that Lombard was doing, so it wasn't so much the fault of TPTB. As for GSR, I can't really stand it, but I'm still glad it's there, just because it seems so important to so many fans. It would just be nice if TPTB did more to explore other characters, and maybe even other ships, to satisfy the fans that aren't GSR fans. It's felt so weird this season to go between GSR soap opera and the rest of the team focusing on pure science. It feels like two different shows. It would be really nice if there was more balance between the two -- like if Grissom was a bit more professional and the rest of the characters got a bit more drama.

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I agree the "Dear Mac" kiss off was extremely lame. :rolleyes:

3. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

I wish they hadn't made Hannah West into a full-on villain. I liked her the first time and wanted her to come back, but not as a villain (it seems like almost every kid on CSI is evil).

And I soo wish Two and a Half Deaths hadn't happened! and I wish Sara hadn't left.

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Oh I've got a nice long list.

What I wished never happened..

1. That Nick's fall out from being buried alive was minimal. C'mon you can't tell me that you spend 24 hours underground being eaten by fire ants and you're mentally sound..yeah..right..I'm not saying the guy needed to go on a downward spiral into drugs and alchohol...but gees couldn't we have had a few nightmare scenes.

2. Kelly Gordon hadn't killed herself-that would be one storyline that could have continued-killing her off was TPTB's way of distancing themselves from the Grave Danger because it interferred with GSR..

3. GSR-I hated because it changed Sara for the worst. It was hyporcritical of Grissom and he became weak and pathetic because of it.
    - also it got in the way of character development of the other CSI characters and..

-GSR fans spend time complaining about little screen time when they had Butterflied, Committed, Nesting Dolls, the final scene in season four, the final scene of season six, the final scene of season eight, the entire episode of season 8- episode one. Holy crap...and they go on about not enough screen time..ENOUGH WITH THE GSR ALREADY. It almost drove me to stop watching CSI all together..after Grissom announced his marriage proposal, if Jorja Fox hadn't announced she was leaving-I would have stopped watching..

Oh and it got in the way of For Warrick, I actually skip those scenes when I watch on my tape. It bored me to tears with the second episode-and I can't even remember the name of that one because it was so boring and drove me to tears in Leave Out All the Rest..

I suffer from GSRPTSD GSR Post-traumatic Stress disorder..

4. I never liked the Kristy/Nick storyline as it kind of grossed me out to think of Nick doing the deed with a diseased-riddled hooker-but Nick paid for it on Evaluation Day..so...plus I heard George Eads hated the storyline himself..and was glad it was done..

5. That Warrick died..oh I miss that guy..I really hated that we only found out he had a son AFTER HE DIED-I blame GSR for that one.

6. That we barely get any scenes with Mandy-especially with Nick..those two have awesome chemistry..

7. That the writers are convinced Nick has no emotions now..he's the Mr. Spock of CSI now.

5. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

That's true but TPTB should say why Sofia gone etc. Left character with no explonation why is "just a bit" stupid.

Very good point. We can see how they were "exploring" Grissom and Sara relationship and then nothing about other characters - they're just working. A good balance must be or the show would end like a two pieces (it can be sometimes good for the movie but movie can last for three hours so that is possible but not for the TV show which lasts only a bit more than 40 minutes).

So true! GSR destroyed both characters but especially is painful for me 'cause of Sara. I really liked her but GSR made her weak too. And I'm afraid that too many times she and Grissom were making "signs" (which were for me so forced) that would end up together. Scary and often it was making for me hard watching those parts in eps.

So many GSR and we can't forget about more subtext which was earlier too. So many great ships are in CSI and only GSR was on the spot. I'd like more to see even more Yobling which was more natural than GSR and not so forced.

Only never liked? I hated it. Probably the most forced thing in CSI, completely unnatural and with no sense. Just how a such intelligent guy could end up with her? Why? And I'm here not mentioning my personal thoughts about Nick. Well, I don't need to. It was screaming from TV screen that was artificial (no matter of the many opinions about Nick). And it's not a surprise that George hated it. Maybe he had the same thoughts like me or yours myfuturecsi (what is very possible 'cause what else you can think about this stupid fake storyline?) why guy like Nick could go to bed with a hooker - a very stupid hooker.

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yeah, not to mention how many diseases she probably had. They should have had another episode with Nick at the doctor getting a prescription for some VD he caught when he slept with her. Nice PSA moment it would have been.:guffaw::guffaw:

Doctor: Mr. Stokes, you have [Insert VD here].

Nick: Oh [insert profanity here]!

Yeah and the GSR-loved the balance there:rolleyes: When TPTB announced that season seven was more about personal storylines-I was excited-than the season came and it was all about Grissom and Sara-now I take what TPTB say with a grain of salt. They could have a whole eppy of Greg and Nick taking a road trip [nonship] and I'd say, "Yeah right I'll see it when I believe it."

7. Stokes4Me

Stokes4Me Cute but Pshyco Premium Member

Yup, so true! I wish we could get some after effects both from Nick and his Grave Danger experience as well as Greg's Fannysmackin' incident. We got some from Play with Fire with the hands shaking but that was it.

Never liked the Kristy/Nick thing either - he so would not do that!

Lastly, yeah, Nick seems to have become such a tough guy, who has this wall built around him, lets no one in and lets nothing out besides anger - he is in big trouble if he continues like that.

(Note: I have yet to see SE9! I don't know how his carachter developes during this season!)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  8. Della

Della Police Officer

Oooh, I missed this thread. I had thought it was to do with CSI LV and not about all of them.

....So here are my fervent "I really wish they hadn't done that!!" thingies...

1) Killing off Speed - Looking back, that was the beginning of the end of CSI Miami for me, though it took two years for it to finally sink in.

2) Why oh why oh why oh why did they have to go turn Horatio Caine [​IMG] into this superhuman, [​IMG] hypocritical, vigilante bastard??!!!

3) Considering number 2, why oh why oh why oh why did they only 'fake' Horatio's death - chuckle.

4) Why oh why oh why oh why did they have to shoot Delko in the head? Served no purpose whatsoever, other than to have Horatio pass on the news that his sister was dead oh and later promote the Eric/Calleigh rubbish. (Not intended to insult the E/C adorers, it just doesn't wash with me that's all)

5) Why oh why oh why oh why did the PTBs feel it was a good thing to completely eradicate the 'incredibly at ease with each other' feeling that Calleigh and Horatio had in the earlier seasons?

6) Why oh why oh why oh why did they have to show Horatio Caine executing a Mala Noche Gang member? Horatio Caine inexplicably dealt himself a serious head wound at the same time in my opinion.

7) Why oh why oh why oh why did they have to show Horatio Caine on the verge of beating the crap out of a 'suspected' Paedophile? Considering number 5), well, this just about killed the character off for me.

:)

9. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

OMG, and ITA! This storyline was really a crap. What this supposed to be? Pretty Woman in CSI? Give me a break. The worst thing ever, even worse than many other things which I don't like.

10. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: I think that just made my day!

Anyway, you're completely right. And that love scene was just gross. Like right out of a bad adult movie :scream::rolleyes::shifty: I have no idea what TPTB were thinking with that.

And just because this is the right thread for it:
    I will never ever forgive TPTB to kill of Aiden!!!! :scream::scream::scream:

Oh, and before I forget, I really really hated the way Gil treated Warrick in Cockroaches. I think it was Cockroaches. I haven't watched the rest of S8 yet but that really made me so angry. Grissom will never be the same for me after that and I'm really looking forward to see Lawrence Fishburne on the show.

11. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Nick wore a condom...making VD very unlikely. At least he was smart enough to do that!

12. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Well, they're not 100 per cent, but yeah he was smart about that.

But it demeaned the character IMHO.

But he paid for it in Evaluation Day.

I wish hadn't happened on CSI is Nick being made to look like some bumbling idiot not even worthy of being in charge of a shift such as in Ellie.

I wish Sara hadn't shown a nice shade of green when Nick got the promotion in season four-which was subsquently taken from him. She was sooo sure she'd get it after doing the bump and grind with Grissom in the 'pin-me-down' scene. She was so sure her intimate relationship with Grissom assured her a promotion. But then when it was given to Nick-she went all snippy with him-i.e. COUGH DROPS. Then she finally coughed (no pun intended) up a 'congratulations' to Nick in which by then he didn't really care either way or another if she congratulated him or not-it didn't excuse her prior behaviour and he indirectly let her know it when he said. "Boy that was really hard for you wasn't it."

Seriously why was it okay to show Warrick and Nick in a healthy competition where one would congrad the other when the succeeded. Whereas Sara is shown to be jealous and snide when someone else gets what she wants.

Has it something to do with a little thing called 'gender'!

13. Misscrankypants

Misscrankypants Hit and Run

I wish they hadn't killed Holly Gribbs, because then we would have been spared eight seasons of little miss "who-did-Grissom-hand-pick-to-work-here?"

I wish they had waited, with Riley. It really feels like we got more back story on her in one ep. than we did Nick and Greg in eight seasons.

I want to know why we have yet to see Greg topless. :drool:

Also, the grave danger follow through. I remember an interview where Angelina Joli didn't want to do a movie because she was afraid of where it would take her emotionlly. I think it was probably the same for George Eads too, inhabiting the mind frame of such a huge trauma for weeks of filming would be really hard.

14. andunesilme

andunesilme Lost in the parking lot

I just watched again CSI LV's eps, and now I wish they wouldn't have killed Keppler. I thought he was interesting character, it's a shame. And from LV, Warric's death was totally no good too. I'm not that fond of GSR either, but after Sara left it hasn't been that bad.

From NY. DL is the worst. Hmm, I take that back a bit. I don't like DL after 4th season. And to be exact, this 5th season has been the worst. But in season 3 I almost hoped Danny and Lindsay would get together.. :D And I think that Mac/Peyton relationship was a bit too long, although I don't wish it ever been happening. It was kinda ok. And now when I saw Ed Quinn in show called Eureka, I wish that he wouldn't have been the crazy-boyfriend of Stella's. I wanna see more of him! :D All Access was a great ep, but again one great character was terminated by death :rolleyes: Except Peyton. That 'Dear Mac' letter was tacky (and she wasn't that good character either)..

From Miami, Horation changing into supercop. And faking his death. I would've been soo happy if he had died then. But.. there's no point killing the lead character of the show. Nah. Oh, and even though I don't watch Miami that closely I wish Calleigh/Eric references don't happen. Worst couple ever :D I don't know what happens in Miami now, stopped watching it after the first ep of this season :rolleyes:

15. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Grissom changing into someone I don't recognize anymore. I have no idea when it started but what really made me realize that he had changed was his behaviour toward Warrick in S8. Well, actually his whole behaviour at the end of S8. Completely out of character. I mean since when did he give a **** about what the undersheriff wants?

Realizing he had changed I remembered his behaviour in Daddy's Little Girls. Come on, Nicky was buried alive and all he has to say to him is, "It's over now". WTF? :wtf:

Oh, and although I don't watch Miami and I haven't watched S4 and 5 of NY I don't like how TPTB handle all the couples. I mean first GSR and then DL and now Eric/Calleigh. Great fanservice for those who ship the couples but really, is it a crime show or a soap opera? Don't get me wrong, as long as I can see a connection I'm OK. I'd have loved for Cath/Warrick to become canon because they really had potential but it seems to me that TPTB just want to suck up to their fans.
    OK, somewhere I lost my point ...:wtf: