Weirdest Foods

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Calihan, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Calihan

Calihan Captain

What are soe of the strangest foods you've ever eaten or heard of. If you can please describe what the food was and if you've eaten it or only heard of it.

I have a couple books of trivia which would list some but I have to find those so off the top of my head I can only think of one and I think this sounds great.

The food is technichally called something like Mad Mango Ice Cream but it's ice cream with habanero peppers in it. I haven't tried it yet but since I don't find anything spicy my sister bet me that I would be in pain it's that hot. I can't wait to try it.

2. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

These are more in the line of drinks than solid food, but clearly can be defined as weird.

Jones Soda Company, Seattle, Washington:

Holiday Pack 2006
    Turkey and Gravy soda
    Sweet Potato Soda
    Dinner Roll Soda
    Pea Soda
    Antacid Flavored Soda

Holiday Pack 2005
    Brussels Sprout with Prosciutto Soda
    Cranberry Sauce Soda
    Turkey & Gravy Soda
    Wild Herb Stuffing Soda
    Pumpkin Pie Soda

Regional Holiday Pack 2005
    Broccoli Casserole Soda
    Smoked Salmon Paté Soda
    Turkey & Gravy Soda
    Corn on the Cob Soda
    Pecan Pie Soda

Halloween Flavors
    Monster Mojito Soda
    Lemon Drop Dead Soda
    Creepy Cranberry Soda

3. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Most of Finnish traditional foods are weird :p at least for the foreing people :rolleyes:

My town traditional fish soup is strange even for other Finns. There is fish (as whole), no potatoes at all. And then you put there pepper and few eggs.

Also blood sausage isn't really the thing foreigns understand, or most of the blood food what we do.

And of course that good ol' Easter dessert, mämmi ;)

4. poison girl

poison girl Pathologist

Here we call that Morcilla. It's pigs blood with onion, and sometimes, other codimets like rice.

I don't know if this counts, but once a saw my brother eat a cold burger with buns and chocolate syrup. He said it all mixes in the stomach... :confused:

5. drummergurll

drummergurll Police Officer

rocky mountain oysters...deer style...

actually not to bad....

yum....

6. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

We use cow blood. There's either that as normal sausage or then where is rice. But no onion, nono. It's not part of the sausage :p

7. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

I eat blood sausage too but only when I go to Dominican Republic and yea we call them Morcilla too.

8. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

^^I do eat it too. It's called "morcela" in here, but they do have rice. Wait a minute, that was even my lunch today :p Never thought that was weird but I guess it can be to other people.

9. araSgerG

araSgerG Lab Technician

How 'bout fried cornbread slathered in mustard? Hunh, I'm sure there's more. We in the Southern U.S. have a reputation of eating weird stuff. Fried alligator! There's another! Some people think fried catfish is weird, is eating fried catfish weird?

10. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

How about fried Twinkies? Fried catfish isn't weird. I never tried the fried twinkies but it would be interesting to.

11. ModernDayDrifter

ModernDayDrifter Lab Technician

Iv had weird food and alot of it was really good Iv had sweet and sour chicken fat,flower petals(dont know what kinda flower)Deep fried pumkin,pumkin in hot pot, and thats all i can think of right now for weird foods iv had.And as for foods iv heard of theres been:
    Dog Hot Pot
    Rabbits Head
    Cat
    Rat
    and surpisingly thats all i can think of right now lol

lol that seems alittle strange but I would try it.

And as for weird drinks the chinese like scotch and sprite,and beer and cucumber(they put a piece of cucumber in their glass)I'v had it and IMO their beer taste better that way lol