The Rant and I Cannot Say This Out Loud #3

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Second Rant Thread

Please try to have your posts have details and not just one or two simple sentences with no details.

My rant for this time of year.

To Women . Please stop wishing me a Happy Mother's Day. Yes I'm a woman and of an age where you would assume I have children. But guess what I don't have any children so please stop wishing me a Happy Mother's Day. You know what they say when you 'assume' and you are making an a$$ out of yourself but not me. I choose not to have kids but I truly feel sorry for the women who can't have kids that you wish a Happy Mother's Day to. It's bad enough that they have Mother's Day crammed down their throats since the beginning of the month but do they need to be reminded of it by being wished a Happy Mother's Day. Can't you just say Have a good Weekend.

2. Jessica_Lynne

Jessica_Lynne Witness

To My Parents: I realize I'm your first child to even graduate high school, but STOP with the putting pressure on me. I'm not going to college this fall. I NEED a break. I need ME time. I need time to figure out what I'M going to do with my life. I got on the Honor Society because I stayed home studying 24/7 and I don't regret it. I actually went to my Prom this year SOBER because of you guys. I HATE to LOVE you but I LOVE to HATE you. I can't live with you and I can't live without you.

My Friends (One being Prom Queen): I HATE that you guys are perfect in more ways than one. I HATE that you copy ALL of my work, just assuming that I won't mind. I HATE that you guys take advantage of me. I HATE that you guys push your relationships in my face, pretty much telling me that I'll never get that. You guys pressured me into losing my virginity to a guy I don't know.

Me: I hate that I let it all happen to me. I need to find out what and who is real in my life. I'm glad I found this thread and was able to rant to anyone who may or may not care. It feels good and a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders

<3 <3

3. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Dear Customers: Please just listen to us when we ask you to park up, yes we are a drive thru but we can't have your huge massive order ready in like 5 seconds it takes time and when you order a grill you will have to wait just cos you can't pick out your stupid pickles its not hard. And yes there is space i can even point to you so when you say there is no where to park you're clearly lying and it won't help you get your food faster.

And please tell me what sauce you want instead of sayin is it in there I am no mind reader so i don't know what you asked for and if you told the person on till it isn't put through so i do not know and i can't guess. And I won't give you 4 bbq for one meal i'm not stupid not wil i give you 6 sauces for 2 meals when you will actually only use three and waste the rest.

And finally whe have 3 signs saying order at the speaker post so order there.... saying i didn't see it is lying and plain lazy and when you moan then that you have to park up its your fault everyone else ordered at the post and we have there orders not yours... and when you drive past the 1st window and forget to pay and then go there is no one there... you didn't even stop so how did you know. And then you get to window and go oooh can i order something else here.... NO i have no till i'm not allowed to use anyone elses till and it wastes time in getting everyone elses orders out so please get your order right. And when you say you ordered it you clearly didnt if its not on the receipt and even if you say you did its not there so you have to pay for it... i will not give it to you for free if its not ordered.

Sorry I have many a peeve working in Mcdonalds it comes out in one huge rant a lot of the time.

To Myself.... get out of there soon, its sending you mad and you have a degree but the economic climate leaves you up s*** creek in terms of looking for a job its taken a year and nothing there... but look... anything is good enough.

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

What kind of a country is this where we can just evict people and say "Oh well...I don't know what you're going to do, but you sure can't live here if you can't pay the $800 a month for this crappy place"? And then we have homeless children who try to pretend everything is okay when they can't even keep any of their stuff after they're evicted because there is no place to put it.

And don't get me started on health care. See the movie "Sicko"...see it...see it.

I just continue to have hope that things are really going to change now. They have to.

5. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Oh gosh I know that feeling....ironically I was going to post a rant about people and their large order.

Dear fans of coming in with large orders...no matter if it in drive thru or at the counter:

You seriously expect your 6 sandwich order...which happens to have all of them as special orders to be ready just like that? Just because you ordered at the counter doesn't mean you can be angry that ppl in drive got their normal food before you. Umm no sorry but I'm one person with 2 hands and it will take as long as it does. Learn some patience or don't order so make special makes.

6. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Don't get me started... I could go on forever.

Dear customers who like ordering big orders:
    Please don't come through drive through because you think it will be faster... It won't. Ordering 8 happy meals and thinking I will have them all there won't happen because we aren't that fast, I will end up parking you and yes the most of you don't moan the few who give me that look I will not have your huge order back log everything else. Or if you order 4 big tasty meals... Yes you will have to wait, we hold 2 at max in busy period 4 if your extra extra lucky so it won't be fast and when you go "its meant to be fast food" you say that and you will have me purposely go slower.

7. Jacqui

Jacqui Police Officer

To Dan: What do you say next year, we just skip this whole Mother's Day thing. I mean, clearly you don't care about the whole thing and since I don't have a mother, no one will notice! It's a win-win.

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

What about Happy Furbaby Day for women who have pets!:) They are just as much babies as kids.

I'm really annoyed with the government..why are they allowing so much development in my area. Good god! I want our town to stay a town..not a big freakin' huge metropolis like Brampton or Mississauga. I like my little town.

9. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

To the professor who seems to "love" me so much:

Damn get another student you can look over the shoulder all the time... I HATE that. It wouldn't be as bad as it is when you would at least stop to say my mistakes out loud so every person in the room knows excactly that I don't get the stuff you teach us... It's not that I'm not clever enough, it's simply that I'm not interested in your shit!!! I'll never need your shit again after finishing my study and so I don't sit my ass flat in your lectures and bother my brain with the stuff you find as important as I found it shit.

Look for another victim please because you'll never get me to the point where I'll do something for your lectures... thank god I see you only next week again...

To my flatemates:

Damn can't you see that cleaning the toilet with crutches is a little bit hard to handle??? Are you that stupid??? You must be because otherwise you would have let me clean the kitchen or something... THANK YOU VERY MUCH GIRLS, I LOVE YOU TOO :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

To the people who show no respect towards the older people:

Damn is it that hard to stand up in a full bus just to let the poor old grandma's sit??? It seems like that... and so you need me stand up and that even I've only one foot on which I'm able to stand on at the moment... Great, just great... :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

10. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

To other drivers on the road:

Red means stop!! Period. It does not mean proceed though an intersection when it's my turn to turn left from the off ramp. Yes people were looking at you funny because you thought it was alright to just mosey on though. Obviously the stopped cars on your side meant nothing as did the silver car and black SUV that turned before I did...because we had a green light! Seriously go back and take your drivers test again...I honestly do no think you should have passed the first time...

To the elder generations that still drive:

I'm glad there are some that are respectful and can drive well. Then we have the ones who feel they are entitled because they are older....newsflash you cry respect and whatnot when you feel someone has done you wrong or cut you off...yet you don't do the same for others. Honestly yearly testing for anyone over the age of 70 should be a law. I do not enjoy having to slam on my break because you cannot stay in your lane and swerve all over the road...in rush hour traffic no less.

11. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

Aww NickyFan. *hugs* I'd come help you clean if I had a transporter.

To my ExHusband.

You shocked the life out of me when you called last night. After over a year of no contact. Well I'm glad we sorted out plans for the apartment but seriously, you didn't have to tell me to call my own mother. And calling her on Mothers Day? WTF? We split up over 2 years ago. You're the one who doesn't talk to your own mother, so what now you're going to take away mine? She and I had our ups and downs sure, but she's still my mom. F-Off and leave her alone.

I wish we were divorced already.

E.

Dear Boss.

Thanks for noticing my funk today. I know I got a lot of work done but I couldn't tell you how or what. The day passed in a blur I have so much on my mind. Thanks for asking. And thanks for letting it go. I'll snap out of it soon enough.

E.

Dear Friend.

I remember the day we met. Clear as a bell. Ok, I didn't remember you THEN, and when we saw each other again months down the road it took me a minute to remember you. But that was years ago and you are now an important part of my life. We have so much in common you and I, from our crappy childhoods and rotten parents to our battles with depression. And good things too like knowing how to shop for a bargain and enjoying sitting out in a park just talking.

And now. My heart is breaking for you because you cannot SEE what an amazing person you are, and what an AMAZING mother you would make. I know you are shocked, scared, panicked terrified and a baby is NOT what you and your fiance were planning for. I know your mother is a selfish, unthinking, unfeeling creature. That doesn't mean YOU are. Please, Please PLEASE don't let her ruin yet another wonderful thing in your life. Please.

Whatever you decide. I'm here for you. I love you. You are amazing, cool, loving, kind, talented and independent.

E.

12. Jacqui

Jacqui Police Officer

Aw... E! My heart hurts for you and your friend! :(

Rant:

Dear Dad:

Nicole is not a special mom because she's divorced. I'm sorry - she's not. She CHOSE to get married and have children, and then she CHOSE to get divorced. She knew what that entailed. She's not dumb, she knew what she was doing. So I *really* do not want to hear about how I should feel sorry for her because she "legally" doesn't have her children every other weekend and I also do NOT want to hear about how sad that is. Particularly because she's not even a single parent anymore. Because guess what? It's not sad. It's not like they're not coming back, it's not like they're not in capable hands, it's not like they don't like their father, it's not like they're unsafe.

I don't get that break. I don't get every other weekend to catch up, spend time with my husband, have a clean, quiet house. I get almost *zero* breaks. And guess what? You could make it easier by - I don't know - BEING A GRANDPARENT and spending some time with the kids, let me take a load off or catch up on laundry for chrissake, but do you? No. No, I have to bribe neighbors when I want to see a movie that doesn't include a dancing animal. But you'll watch Nicole's kids when she needs you. It's great that you're close and all, but seriously. She's got a pretty damn sweet deal, so don't ask me to feel sorry for her. Nobody feels sorry for me and the life I chose and the consequences of what I chose, so don't ask me to weep over the three seconds she truly misses her kids every other weekend.

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Aww E..

Rant:

Dear neighbour:

Stop selling drugs out of your house! There are children in this complex for crying out loud. I'm sorry you have a drug problem, but get help. You're almost 50 years old.

I see the cars pulling up and stopping and nimrods getting in and out of their cars, running into your house and back out with their litle treats as if they've gone into McDonalds or something.

Will you please get a grip and stop it. Or just move off somehwere and sell your crap where I don't have to see it.

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

To the lawn care people:

Next time you're putting fertilizer in the backyard, try not getting it in the dogs' water and food bowls! It'd be nice if you didn't get it in their pens either. But, especially not in their food and water bowls. Pay more attention to what you're doing next time! :scream:

15. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

Thanks for the hugs Jacqui and mfcsi.

Dear Friend,

I think you made the appointment too early. It's the one thing I couldn't tell you when we talked today. A one month waiting list isn't too long and it would have given you time to talk to professionals, and to really think this through. You haven't even made your decision yet. Or, you haven't admitted to yourself what your decision is.

But next week is too soon.

You are already prone to depression, and it could be that the hormones and changes in your body are causing such confusion and doubt and worry. There aren't many people who are ever ready to be a mother. You are not alone in that! And no mother is 'perfect'. You are holding yourself up to an ideal that doesn't exist.

It breaks my heart. Your mother still has this power over you. And now, more lives will suffer because of it. Yours, your fiance...and your baby.

I'm with you no matter what you do, but please, please talk to a professional before you do anything else. It makes me so very sad when you say that no matter what choice you make, you will feel bad about it. :(

I love you. I care about you and I'm hurting for you. I'm glad you feel you can talk to me, I'm glad you appreciate my thoughts and my words. I'm glad I can be there for you. You are important to me and that will never change.

But I'm still heartbroken.

E.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.