The Official Pet Thread pt2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, Jul 24, 2008.

1. allmaple

allmaple Judge

2. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Yeah, it's dumbo. I have 3 dumbos here, and some rex. I really love rats who's rex (aka curly fur). It's an easy choice for me. Rats anyday. I mean, I can always visit my mum....

Can I borrow your kittens for a while? I mean errrhm "borrow" them :lol: They are adorable. Foreman is sooooo cute while sleeping like that (the others too, but Foreman is more awesome).

3. .speed.delko.

.speed.delko. Rookie

Awww! :adore: I want Foreman, he's adorable. House is as well! :D

I'd do the same thing, name them from TV series, but I'd pick several not just one :p Can I take one of the two, please? :D

I remember having kittens, two of my three cats I got when they were just over the age which they could be adopted. :D I have pictures of the oldest one as a kitten, I have to take a picture of the photo and upload them on here and then to photobucket.

4. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

I have three cats :] I have Chicago, Rambo and Blomster-Finn. Blomster is norwegian, and means flower, so his name in english is Flower-Finn XD
    I love all of them : D
    I have also had three horses, Liselotte, Maja and Frøy. Frøy was so adorable when he was a baby :] Unfortunately, we had to return them to their owners : (

5. robotnik22

robotnik22 Rookie

I have a cat named T.J and i am currently looking after my sister's cat Cougar

6. Joycie84

Joycie84 CSI Level One

This is my 8 week old rabbit Oscar:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_B0N43wUtJJo/SvKCV-jNlHI/AAAAAAAAAXg/tvtg1CC4CZA/s1600-h/PA250408.JPG

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_B0N43wUtJJo/SvKCV9LBghI/AAAAAAAAAXY/nMgbKOjws7E/s1600-h/PA250406.JPG

He's really super cute and a bit weird. He has this toilet in his cage, which he used as a toilet. But now, for two weeks he started using it as his bed. Oscar is very curious animal, not scared at all and very fluffy. When I hold him, he poops and he really eats A LOT. You know that his mother was white? Weird huh?

Oscar was a birthday present from my friends. My other rabbit, Mr. Floppy, passed away this summer and Evelien and Irene told me they where going to get me a new one for my birthday. I thought it was a joke, but clearly not.

7. Gaseous Anomaly

Gaseous Anomaly Rookie

8. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

^ Aw, poor baby! :( I hope that Misty starts to feel better soon and that everything turns out alright. She looks like a sweetie.

Joycie, Oscar is cute :) I always wanted a rabbit but have never had one. He sounds like a real character.

9. Gaseous Anomaly

Gaseous Anomaly Rookie

Thanks SpeedyMeg25. It's tough to get her to take her med, she spits it out and she's also refusing to eat now. I fear the worst at this point. :(

10. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

^ Aw, poor puppy :(
    My bud has a family member who have a golden retriever named Clipper...Clipper has cancer, a tumor over his shoulder and serious arthritis in his joints, and they won't put him out of his misery...He's lived 2-3 years longer than he should (he's 15) and nobody's doing anything....It's SO sad.

On a slightly happier note (is it?), my black labrador, Koda, has this insane talent (granted he's a VERY smart dog) for jumping onto the counter and getting at food even if it's pushed to the VERY back...we have to block EVERYTHING with chairs from the dinning room table to keep him from getting at food that's sitting out....his favorite is pizza...oddly enough....does anyone have any ideas as to how to make this stop?? Molly doesn't do it (my other 'white' dudley lab), but her eyes are so bad it'd be impossible anyways...

11. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

I m getting a female kitten next week. Been wanting to get one or two for a while now and was wondering on traveling vs staying home topic. The thing is that I go to my parents house on weekends and did some research on leaving kittens at home. 99% of the people said it's fine to leave a kitten home for 2 days if you provide extra food and water and clean litter tray, unplug electrical equipment and make the room kitten-safe. They also said that traveling is stressful for cats, more stressful than staying at home. So I was wondering if any of you experienced people could comment on this. What do you think? Should I leave her at home or take her with me?

12. allmaple

allmaple Judge

it depends on the cat. i know people whos cats love being in cars or on airplanes etc. my cat is not one of them, even the 10 minute drive to the vet is really bad for her. whenever we go away we have someone come in and feed pixie. since she gets wet food twice a day we cant really leave extra of that out. you could try traveling with your new kitten, she may be one of the ones that likes it. and if you start early she could get used to it. but if you cant i would probably hold off going away for a while until your kitty adjusts to her new home.

13. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

thank you , I really appreciate it! :D

14. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

And my advice is that you get two. I know, it's a double work but they'd keep company to each other, someone to play with and perhaps, perhaps your furniture and wallpapers are more safe ;)

And yes, be with it until it feels home.

15. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

Considered it but I don't know if I can handle two. I know that it would be best to take two but I doubt my powers of being a good cat-mother.