The Fort for Nick?greg slash fans #19

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Wojo, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. only_true_love

only_true_love Lab Technician

Squeeeeeeee Fort #19!!!!

[​IMG]

*^^love that pic!*

See the boys are sooooo proud of all their fans that they are celebrating along with us. :thumbsup: And I bet if they were able to post along with us they say DONT worry about the g/f situation.

Speaking of 'her' briefly, I thought it could be an attempt of Nicky's character not fully ready to come out of the closet. We all know how comfy he has gotten in that closet. lol :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

And even if she is awesome as a character, new people dont do all that well. *think Ronnie*

I have a new idea for a challenge with all this discussion and worry over Nicky getting a g/f. Kinda close to what Jay did over on WMTDB but not quite. In this fic. Nicky has to date her. And it has to be more than one date.

If that sounds painful to write, it gets a bit worse. Nicky has to come across that he likes her. Whether it be genuine or just perceived that he cares for the girl.

But here is the fun part, she leaves!!! The way she leaves, is up to who ever chooses to do this challenge. However, she can die. I know it might be fun b/c then emtoinal Nicky comes out and we all know how good he is at that.

The simialrity to Jay's is you have one of the boys declare their love or fellings towards the other. It can be related to the girl leaving or not. Maybe even Greggo confeses but Nicky denies at first.

And here is a little something I did for The Love fans on another site. The manip isnt mine, but barrowed it to do the shirt.

[​IMG]

Welcome newbie and future newbies!:thumbsup:

And since there is sharing of ages, I'm 31!:p

2. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

To all newbies, please respect like Wojo said and the moderator has also indicated three lines per post on Nick and Greg.

I as a fan do not want to see anyone getting in trouble because they fail to comply to the rules.

You know, I've back tracked yet again with all this Nick gets a gf.... I've heard a lot or rumors, so i dont know which ones are true, and which are fake.

IF Nick does get a girlfriend, then like Seabird said it wont sit well with me. Lets all be grownup about these things, if CBS was going to make Nick and Greg a gay couple on screen, then they would've done it by now.

Nick is stepping up- thats what Carol M said a while back.

They cut the scene ages ago where Bobby told Grissom that he's gay.

What im sayin is that I have a very bad feeling about the love.. I think that the woman stays... Saying that we have all come to the conclusion that Nick is gay, its fannon fact not cannon.

The laws of reallity on the show is totally different from real life lol.

One word that sums it all up, Beard.

Oh by the way, my age is 32, im going to be 33 in July. So no I'm not the typical love fan age....

3. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I totally agree. I do not ever really see CBS going ahead with The Love as a real relationship on the show. I think with the overall top demographic of the show being older adults they would look at them and more likely know they would not go for it. But it is always fun to live in fantasyland (as it says in my thing under my icon) and think that they could be a couple. That's why fanfics are so much fun to read. Maybe one of these days I will venture out and do a fanfic on them. I've written a few but none for The Love yet.

4. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

I do too! Nick with the long hair is my favourite. After Greg with the long hair, obviously, that goes without saying.

Dizzney - gutted! I like your new banner too but *sigh* if you're retiring the old one I most certainly volunteer to give it a new home :) Waste not want not, etc.

I'm glad to see some people in their 30s, I was starting to feel old. :(

Good observations on the photograph, guys, I had honestly never noticed that before and now find myself rifling through similar shots taken for the DVD inside covers to find further evidence...

I see your point Candygirl1uk, but still think that just because we havn't seen it on screen yet that it will never happen. Look how long GSR took to really properly become canon. It's not that much of a stretch if you ask me. If not, I console myself with the fact that they are the perfect couple....in my mind :lol:

Liking the fic challenge only true love - I may have a go, though I think as you say parts would be very difficult to write. I like a challenge though.

Hi to new people, welcome :)

Nat xx

5. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

I see your point Candygirl1uk, but still think that just because we havn't seen it on screen yet that it will never happen. Look how long GSR took to really properly become canon. It's not that much of a stretch if you ask me. If not, I console myself with the fact that they are the perfect couple....in my mind :lol:

Well in my view, GSR was there since the start.. Sara always had a thing for Grissom, even pre-CSI. ( Her love goes back to when she was training and he was her lecture)

True - but lets all remember that homosexual relationships on the tv are uncommon to say the least, not unknown far from it, but CSI's GLBT fan based has slumped- that is a fact...

OTL- I love your manip very nice...Now only if we can print it off and sent it of to CSI.... Hmm...

Jay Your picture made me laugh, yes Sara & Gil cannon fact, Warrick & Cath- heavy flirting there and lots of subtext. Brass and Doc??????? Have they had much air time, is this the senior love that speaks no name???????

Ahh and to our beloved on screen heart throbs... Nick and Greg.

The legend has it that they was once upon a time, friends, subtexual boyfriend and boyfriend... Friends who had been through the worst, and yet they still came out- so to speak- kicking and screaming...

Greg protects Nick, Nick does cover for Greg.. When Nick turned on Greg's music after he gave him and Grissom a brief report- that's a cute piece of respect there....

When Greg displayed the Crime Stopper all over the lab, much to Nicks frustration... Why cause that was Greg's way of telling him the he respects and cares for him... (plus its a form of the playground game- come and chase me...)

Nick and Greg both owned a dreamcast, but probably Greg now owns a wii, whilst Nick has stopped playing computer games.. he makes toys instead...

As someone else pointed out, it was Nick that first stated to call Greg by all the different nicknames.... It was Nick that told Greg that he shouldn't be reading Surf and Sands but like cars instead.... A few years later, bang! Greg's also into cars.... Greg told Nick to use pile cream on his acne...

If what has played out was a hetrosexual couple then they'd be married by now... See thats love, if you take away their names and called them N and G, you would've thought that they belonged together...

Silly CBS!

6. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Totally agree with you candygirl. Sara was all over Grissom from the start! Well and so were our boys :p;) But as you've pointed out, GSR is a straight romance (for straight viewers) - no one could/ would take offence. Nick and Greg on the other hand ...

You're so right, if the same things had happened to people of the opposite sex, they'd got more subtext and flirting, as they already had. I also believe that CBS has to think about their sponsor, and as I've read on the Nuke Wiki, they're not really happy about a gay couple (hence Nuke hadn't had a kiss in forever - and are on the way to a break-up, but that something else)
    Anyway, my point, even if the writers did all, or even some, of the subtext on purpose, there is no way in hell, they'd make them canon!
    LGBT people will always be victims or suspects, at least in Las Vegas!

Oh, btw, I'm 27 and still in school (as a teacher:p)

Isn't there a new episode tomorrow? Hope for a lot of good slashy moments, the Love really needs some positive news now!

And to say something (else) on topic. I loved it that Greg took Nicky's advice and read Car&Drive. I can at least recall two episode where he made a comment about cars.

I also noticed that, especially in S3 promos they are photographed standing together.

7. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

This is true. I know what you're saying, I can only only apologise for being an insufferable optimist :lol:

It's sad that it's so uncommon, I don't know what's sadder, that writers are so afraid of gay relationships or that it's probably true that a significant proportion of audiences actually would have a problem with it. *sigh* love is love, people...I realise I'm preaching to the converted here but still. I don't think I will ever understand what there is to be offended about.

Aw, thanks for reminding me of all those cute little moments. Greg just can't hide the fact that he would do anything to impress Nick, his behaviour just gives him away.

Nat x

8. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Wow, you all have been busy! First off welcome to the fort LeggoMahGreggo! Love to see new people here.
    Only_true_love, that shirt is pretty cool.

I know that Nick getting a GF is really upsetting to us and our ship, but if we hang in there and not give up or get too discouraged true love will prevail.

9. jay

jay Witness

You know, I never got the whole "LGBT people are only victims on CSI Las Vegas". EVERYONE they talk to, regardless of race/color/creed/sexuality are either victims/ witnesses/ suspects. It's a crime show, that's who they talk to.

And really, I remember an episode with a couple dying from Carbon Monoxide Inhalation because they were having sex on the floor of their college dorm. Greg interviews the neighbor who just happened to be out of town visiting his boyfriend. He wasn't a suspect. He wasn't a victim. He was just someone they needed to talk to.

I really think that sometimes we're so quick to be upset, that we don't step back, turn our own personal biases off and just observe. I know I'm channeling Grissom, humor me. :p

I realized something else. Look at the major ships.

Gil Grissom and Sara Sidle. Aliteration. GG and SS. Both names share something in common.

Warrick Brown and Catherine Willows. Warrick's name starts with a W. Catherine's last name starts with a W.

Nick Stokes and Greg Sanders. Both of their last initials are S.

And with my picture, maybe this got lost in the post, but my point was that Doc Robbins and Brass were NOT in the same pose as the other couples. The couples were posed one above the other. Brass and Doc Robbins are side by side, indicating they aren't a couple. Nick/Greg, Sara/Grissom and Cath/Warrick are all in the same pose.

Speaking of which, if anyone has the ability to make banners/avatars/LJ icons that are animated, please PM me. Please? *pouts*

Oh, and I apologize if any of my comments offended. I have a habit of being a little outspoken.

10. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

Well...I'm losing hope. What people are saying...I want it to happen so badly, but I don't think it will. Yes, I said the Taboo. Got a problem? deal.

*sighs*

Uh... came in 14th place in the school spelling bee. Intermediate. I didn't win the uber-cool dictionary. My sister (Fuzzy_Wolf) was like, "Who would want a dictionary, anyway?" And I'm like, "I would..." :( *tear*

Ahem... So, I guess we're all in the same general age range? Yeah, I'm the baby of the group...*Cries*

Hope you people don't mind, but I've got another quiz of sorts;

Who likes what better? Fluff, drama, casefile, what? What's your fav genra.

Also, everyone, I've written a new N/G drabble.

You see, my school was locked down for about two hours this afternoon. We where told to put everything (text books and notebooks included) out in the hall and close the doors, sit under our desks, and wait for the all-clear. Now, I do NOT like lockdowns. I've seen what happened in Columbine and Virginia Tech and have been terrified of something like that happening to me. So, to calm myself, I stared thinking up stories. One, was a drabble. It's about 110 words and entitled, "Favorite place" and I'm gonna post it over at WMTDB...sometime today...

Okay, me thinks I'm done here.

-Lynn

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  11. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

Angst angst angst angst!!!! Sorry, but I am a die-hard angst fan. I also am a fan of drama and a little bit 'o' fluff for me. I don't know why, but I love angst soo much. It's the most fun to read and write in my own humble opinion.
    Lynn- once you put up your story, could you post the link? I'd love to read it sometime! And to relate to your lockdown story, I too hate them. Especially the way most of my classmates treat them. They think it's funny and a joke.. and if it was serious, well, who knows. If they're loud like they usually are then I doubt I'd still be around for much longer. >.<
    *waves cane at noisy youngins*

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  12. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

Sure! I just got done posting it;

http://www.nickandgreg.com/desert_archive/viewstory.php?sid=4853

Yeah...

lockdown = bad images for Lynn. :(

So...uh...too answer my own question, I like casefile, for the simple reason Nick/Greg is just great when a case is in the background. That, combined with my own suckieness at the genra. But...yeaaaaaah....:thumbsup:

-Lynn

13. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

^-^ Thanks! I'll try and read this sometime soon. Tonight's a school thing so possibly tomorrow. xD
    I enjoy reading casefile.. but I dunno, it's really indepth and I'm kind of in the deep end when reading it and don't always know what's going on. So for me it's all about their relationship and how they deal with it.
    Some people do the job awesomely and explain it magnificently, though, and then I love it. Me trying to write it is laughable at best. :lol:

14. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

My fave genre? Hmmm. Guess I'd have to say I like drama, fluff, and smut. I am not into casefiles. BTW Katlynn, I read your drabble (reviewd it too) and I liked it, it was cute.

I'm not too worried about Nick getting a GF, I said that before but I also wanted to add that I never expected TPTB to ever make N/G canon. I don't think they have the guts to do it. I also think that Nick & Greg's on screen chemistry is a direct result of George and Eric's off screen chemistry. That is why we get so much subtext..IMO. I am one of those people who believe not only in Nick/Greg but George/Eric as well.

15. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

RANT TIME!

You know what annoys me to no end?

These people on fanfiction.net that will...reprimand you, for writting slash! arg, it really gets me mad! I mean...listen to this;

"I didn't read this fiction. But, I'm sure that if I liked same sex relationships, I would. You really should put that Nick and Greg are a couple in the summary. People might be offended. I will read all your fic that doesn't have slash in it. It's not right, imao."

or, this;

"Ew. I so did not need to read Nick/Greg."

Gar!!!! It...it...ah!:scream::scream:

That last one is really what got me going. You know, I'm to the point where I just might not post Nick/Greg on fanfiction.net any more. Yeah, I guess I'll have to take all my stories to WMTDB from now on. But, god, does that annoy anyone else?

Sorry if I'm totally out of line, and I'm sorry for any axcidental swearing that maybe have been typed up there by mistake, but, god... P*?!ed me off to no end...

-Lynn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.