The Best CSI Episodes

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by AFIS, Jun 14, 2011.

1. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

I thought that having a thread that allowed fans to rank their favorite CSI episodes of all time would be a fun thing to do so...here we are.

Rules of this thread:
    1. Only five episodes allowed.
    2. Any season is acceptable.
    3. Give a short or long explanation of why you've ranked these episodes as the best of the best CSI has to offer.
    4. Make a note of which season your episode choices come from.

Now let's start since I've got the intro and rules out of the way:):

1. You Kill Me (Season 8)
    2. Rashomama (Season 6)
    3. Gum Drops (Season 6)
    4. A Bullet Runs Through It Pt.1-2 (Season 6)
    5. A Thousand Days On Earth (Season 8)

• You Kill Me - One of my first episodes that I started my CSI obsession and even now I still love it. It's the perfect mix of dark humor and interesting cases that made me fall in love with CSI in the first place.
    • Rashomama - The differing perspectives that helped to add up to one conclusion wasn't just creative but hilarious to watch.
    • Gum Drops - This episode made me not only like Nick but helped me understand the character a lot better. I normally don't like when one CSI is the focus of an episode but this was an example where it was done right.
    • A Bullet Runs Through It Pt.1-2 - I've always thought this was a great example of a story where the audience is just as in the dark as the CSIs. It made the two episodes emotionally intense.
    • A Thousand Days On Earth - For some reason, I always think of this episode when I think of CSI. Maybe it was Cath's passionate approach to the case or the idea of a dead child just made me more inclined to pay attention but this episode just sticks with me. An episode like that deserves a place on my top five list.
    Now it's your turn to rank your favorite CSI episodes. I know it may be hard but you can do it.:lol:

2. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

Ok i'll rank mine then :

Grave Danger ( season 5)
    Bull ( season 8 )
    Stalker ( season 2 )
    Boom ( season 1 )
    Poppin Tags ( season 6 )

Reasons for each one :

Grave Danger - A very good ep and it kept me on the edge of my seat and Nick being in box alone made me cry but was overjoyed when he was saved.

Bull - Another good ep and Nick's reaction to the stuff in the truck made me giggle and the explantion was funny and Nick's face was like ''wtf".

Stalker - This ep really spooked me and the roof crashing down made me jump and all in all was a good ep.

Boom - One of the best eps from season 1 that i enjoyed and watched over and over just knowing that Nick never killed Kristy and his joy at being cleared was emotional.

Poppin Tags - Wasnt keen on the music but the chase with Warrick and Nick kept me on edge and i loved the ep apart from the music but overall was a great ep

There's mine phew

3. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

This is kinda tough since there is so many to choose from:

Unfriendly Skies (season 1)
    A Bullet Runs Through It 1 & 2 (season 6)
    19 Down/One to Go (season 9)
    Grave Danger 1 & 2 (season 5)
    Way to Go (season 6)

Unfriendly Skies - to me it had it all. Great science, great chemistry between the whole cast. Add the humor and the thought provoking end scene and I count it to be my favorite episode.

ABRTI 1 & 2 - because it was a very emotional with Sofia and Brass and also the innocent cop and the boy that were killed. And the ending with Brass and the wife always makes me tear up.

19 Down/One To Go - loved the introduction of Ray Langston. Loved Nate Haskell in those episodes. He scared the heck out of me. Finally it was a great send off to an iconic character.

Grave Danger 1 & 2 - Tarrentino. The acting was superb. Great interactions with the cast. Throw in a little Gorshen and Curtis and you have yourself a classic.

Way to Go - not just because of the last scene. It also has a cool story, one of my favorite CSI lines - "that'll distinguish it from the other severed heads I find"(Nicky), John Keane's music during their sifting through the evidence is one of my favorite instrumentals. Brass pulls through and everyone standing outside his room. Oh and yeah, for me, the ending didn't suck...

4. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Oooooh just 5, that's a toughie, but I'll try

1. Rashomama- It's funny, love the flashbacks and different point views, especially Greg's :adore: also love how they're able to solve the case even without the evidence

2. A La Cart- It's funny, love the go carts and the team doing something together outside the lab, love GSR and Yo! Bling, Brass had some funny quotes, Greg makes bombs, and the scenes with Ecklie made me :lol:

3. House of Hoarders- The hoarding is quite interesting, love Sara, I also like Nick and Sara's sibling fights, missed Catherine and wished they mentioned her, but still good use of all the other characters, it was also a little humorous

4. Fannysmackin'- I hate seeing Greg getting beat up, but still a great ep, Eric did superb, love the end scene in the locker room, love getting a bit of backstory about Greg, Greg and Sara's scene, Nick punching K Fed :thumbsup:

5. Turn Turn Turn- Love how it takes place over an amount of time with the different cases, George Eads did a great job cause I still cry at the end, Taylor Swift did a great job :thumbsup:

Oh man there's sooooo many more

5. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Boy this was tough. I really had to narrow it down. I finally went with the ones that really grabbed my attention, were memorable and are generally the ones that I watch again and again most often.

1. A Bullet Runs Through It (Season 6)
    2. Who Shot Sherlock? (Season 5)
    3. Gum Drops (Season 6)
    4. Rashomama (Season 6)
    5. Inside the Box (Season 3)

• Bullet - I love the epicness of this episode. The crime scene was so vast and the implications of the case were so severe that it really pulls me in. And all of the cast gets a moment to shine. Also really cemented my love for Sofia.

• Sherlock - I love the Holmesian feel of the ep. To me it is also the best Greg episode. And a plus with the murderer showing the extremes one can take cosplay.

• Gum Drops - The best Nick episode. And the case itself is truly tragic and really gets you sucked in. Bonus on Eads performance here. I swear I did not cry at the end. There was just something in my eye...

• Rashomama - CSI comedy at it's best. Well, "You Kill Me" is also comedy gold, but I went with this one. The way each POV tells more about that character than anything else is great. And the dark humor is absolutely perfect here.

• Inside the Box - My favorite Catherine episode. And Sam was my favorite guest character. The interaction between the two was great. And you never really know what to make of Sam. He's good and evil all rolled into one.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  6. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

It was difficult to narrow this down to five episodes, my top three is pretty much in cement but the rest can be interchangeable depending on my mood.

1. A La Cart (8x02) - No, not because of the GSR and Yo!Bling but mainly for the final poignant go-karting scene where it shows the team out of work having fun which was a treat to see. It was also slightly sad knowing that this was the last episode to have the original team all together. :( Also, I really enjoyed the cases, particularly the go-kart case and there were lots of memorable moments. Not the best CSI episode in terms of forensics or drama but my personal favourite anyway.

2. Fannysmackin' (7x04) - A key episode for my favourite character who finally got some much deserved screentime. However that's not the only good thing about the episode, the case is unusual given that it's identified early on who the delinquents are and it's also disturbing to watch to see teenagers going around beating people up "for fun." Lots of great dramatic moments in this as well such as Greg's beating and subsequent scenes with Sara and Grissom, Brass interrogating Tara (?), the locker room conversation at the end, and Sara beating the crap out of a sandbag. :lol: Fantastic episode overall.

3. Rashomama (6x21) - Definitely the funniest episode in the entire series. There are some many great moments from not just the main characters but the guests as well. I particularly love the diner scene, the wedding toast, Brass' scenes, Nick's ride being pimped and of course, the infamous flashbacks. :lol: Really excellent light-hearted episode.

Here's where it gets a little tricky... :p

4. For Warrick (9x01) - Warrick was never my favourite character on the show but his death was really sad, even to me, who's known to have a heart of stone. ;) Two really emotive moments in the episode are when Catherine sees his body and starts crying and Grissom's eulogy at the end, both of which make me feel slightly teary-eyed I admit. The rest of the episode is taken at a good speed and I think McKeen got what he deserved, with a little help from Nick.

5. Unfriendly Skies (1x09) - Okay, I have a slight bias to this due to my love of aviation, but the episode was really good at portraying the CSIs as a team. The re-enactment at the end is one of my favourite moments in the entire series as well as the conversation at the end between the team which too was a really great moment. An excellent classic episode. :)

Honorary mentions go to: Grave Danger, Who Shot Sherlock?, Appendicitement, Turn Turn Turn, Play With Fire, Loco Motives, Stalker, Sqweegel, A Bullet Runs Through It, Identity Crisis, Post Mortem and 19 Down/One to Go. (Okay, I'll stop, there's too many episodes to love. :p)

There doesn't seem to a large amount of agreement on a certain episode, I think it would be interesting to see which episodes everyone hated, I could probably automatically think of at least two. :lol:

7. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

I agree with this :thumbsup:

8. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Yeah! :lol: I already have three in my mind - two are season finales and one "milestone" :rolleyes: episode.

Okay here are the best episodes for me:

1. Grave Danger (Season 5) - love the team work
    2-3. 19 Down / One To Go (Season 9) - Grissom went out with a bang!
    4. For Warrick (Season 9) - strong, powerful episode
    5. If I Had A Hammer (Season 9) - fantastic Catherine episode

9. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

1. Grave Danger (season 5) - By far the best finale in the CSI franchise history!!!It amazes me no matter how many times I've watched it!!!

2. 19 Down / One To Go (season 9) - That was an awesome two part episode made to say goodbye to our favorite bugman...

3. The Finger (season 2) -In my opinion the best written episode (plotwise) of the season and one of my favorite Catherine episode...

4. Monster In The Box (season 7) -Despite the fact that I'm not a GSR fan by any means I really liked season 7 and the whole miniature killer story arc!!This episode is a great example of how inspirational the CSI writers are!!:thumbsup:

5. Jackpot (season 4) - Grissom working solo!!!What else can you ask??:lol::lol:

10. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

I should rewatch all seasons to give a decent and well thought answer, but I guess by the time I have watched season 1 through 11 this thread is already long forgotten :cool:

So I go for the episodes which I remember and have seen more than once..

1) A Space Oddity --> the reason I started watching CSI again and the episode I discovered that I have a thing for lab rats in general and a certain trace tech especially.. ;)
    2) You kill me --> because of the above
    3) Rashomama --> I knew the episode, didn't know it's name... It's very interesting the different point of views :)
    4) Grave Danger --> Still creeps me out, the thought of being trapped in a box beneath the earth..
    5) A bullet runs through it

I know it's not very original, but I guess It says something about the episodes Rashomama, Grave danger and A bullet runs through it..

11. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Yeah, pretty sure I'm thinking the same three as well. :lol:

My favorites (this is hard!):

1. Ending Happy - Loved the humour in this episode, with all the twists and turns with the CoD.
    2. 4x4 - Really liked the way it was done with the transitions and overlaps between segments.
    3. Rashomama - Another more light-hearted episode.
    4. Wild Life - Liked both cases, and both had some humorous moments, especially the animal one.
    5. Redrum - Not a typical case, but I liked the change. I liked the younger CSI's initiative when they knew something was wrong.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  12. cikmaoto0732

cikmaoto0732 Victim

[spam]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2011
  13. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

That would be fun. I have a long episodes of episodes that I'd rather never mention again when refering to CSI.

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I can but won't go back but from S/9 and on all of them and I was one fan who LOVED "MASCARA" the girl who was chased down by this creep and brutally killed and she was a friend of Ray's. The voo-doo drums and the voo-doo spooky house with all the lit candles and him there too. How they talked to everyone and finally found the one who committed this horrendous crime. And how he was psycho-babbling about "I didn't do it, but boo-wa-wa or something inside of me did it" and how Ray attacked him and said "You did it" and Brass pulling im off. Intense. And the last scene with Ray going over her writings, so poignant so beguiling.

All the rest since LF came on as Raymond Langston came on were all fantastic. Some of the best to me in CSI history:bolian:

15. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

"For Warrick" So sad and touching and . . . and . . . :sniff: :sniff: :(

Forgive me for not knowing the title of this one and being too lazy to look it up, but I really liked the first time we met that creepy little girl who Sara tried to nail because her older brother was covering for her. That kid was evil and the little girl who played her was terrific. I also really liked Sara in this one and I'm not a very big Sara fan overall.