The 30 and Over Club

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by CSI_Kat, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Oh my face has gotten worse with Acne as I got older. I really hate it. When I was a teenager I never had any. Now my face is always a mess and I am seeing a dermatologist for it, but things work for a while and then they stop working. They said it is due to hormones...lovely. :rolleyes:

2. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

I didn't have as much problem as a teen as I do now either. It's weird.

Isn't that fun?....Acne, wrinkles and grey hair. :p All because of hormones.

3. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Yeah the Grey hairs keep sneaking up on me here and there but nothing too bad, yet.

4. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

I never saw CCBB, and have never had a desire to see it. Glad to know that's not just me. :)

As for getting sick, the only things I really rememeber were chicken pox and mumps. I rarely ever got sick as a kid. Of course, now I seem to have a cold at least a couple times a year, and the occasional ear infection. :rolleyes:

And my allergies are worse now too. Seems like they really started when I hit puberty, and have only gotten worse over the years. I used to just have the seasonal pollen allergies. I used to be able to be around cats, but now if I get to close to them, I'm miserable.

5. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

I get more pimples now than I did as a teenager. It's not fair. Bad enough the grey hair and wrinkles, but pimples too, come on!

I had my kids and hubby cracking up one day at a flee marker. Do you guys remember the old phones we had back in our youth? The ones you had to dial? and it took forever for it to go one way then come all the way back around. I found one at the flee market and told my kids that was my phone as a teen. it sucked. Go through all those numbers to get a friggin busy signal and have to do it all over, no call back or redial...just twirling that dial around. I demonstrated to them what it was like to call a friend and get a busy signal. Kids get upset cause they have to push a few buttons now. spoiled!

6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I got mono at around the age of 35, and the doctor was so kind as to point out that it's much worse when "older" people like me get it. :shifty:

I remember my brother and I couldn't WAIT for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang to be on TV one night when we were little, and then my mom got mad at my sister for something and made us ALL go to bed without seeing it. I'm not quite sure I ever forgave her for that because it made my brother cry. :(

7. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yeah I liked Chitty Chitty Bang, Bang, especially when my much older brother exchanged the C for an S..;):guffaw:

I've been watching clips of the Muppet Show recently, especially after Jon Stewart showed a clip of the Manama tune where these two pink things are dancing around singing and this jazz guy keeps running up to them going, "manama.."

8. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Don't you just love people like that?!:rolleyes: When I moved here and was looking for a bank I was about 35 and I went to all the local banks for information. ONe of the women oh so kindly pointed out that they have a silver checking account for those people who are 50 and older. :eek: Keep in mind that even now people think I'm roughly 7-10 years younger that I really am (luckily I've aged well).
    Needless to say...We didn't go with that bank! :p

9. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Yeah. No speed dial. No caller ID. No call waiting. Some had party lines where you had to wait until your neighbors were off the phone.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  10. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

My parents still do not use caller ID or call waiting.....

You know I never did see CCBB...but I did like Mary Poppins and the Wizard of Oz.

11. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Kat your parents aren't the only ones :) We don't have caller ID but we do have call waiting. We don't actually see the need for Caller ID. We don't get a lot of phone calls anyways :)

12. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yeah we had that when I first moved into our building, but then we all got our own phones. I used to love the old dial phones..they were awesome!

13. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

I have one at work and when we study how much technology has advanced in the past 100 years I pull it out and show it to my students. They think it's amazing.

14. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

OK, here's further proof that I'm over 30 (and quickly approaching 40, cough cough)

My cousin came to visit so we took a stroll through Stanley Park. He sees a swingset and says, "Let's DO IT!" (He's a year or so younger than me). Anyway, it was pretty fun, but we both started to feel queasy and then we had to get off! :lol: We were both feeling a little nauseated for about half an hour so we just went and sat on the beach and inhaled the fresh ocean air, hoping that would help! :lol:

15. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Godmorning all.

I hope you all have a great day and are ready for some thinking.

As allways we had a debat at work. (lol know you heard that one before:)).

But here goes:

What is turning points in peoples life?

As some of you know I work with teens and sometimes kids from ordinary homes with ordinary parents go very very wrong in life. And sometimes kids from really terrible upbringing turns out ok.

When I went to school I had one classmate who went on to become a full time criminal. I also had a few classmates who shoplifted but they later went on to get ordinary jobs and lifes.

So this is a question for everyone having kids or not ----or ---working with kids or not --- what could be turning points in life?

I also have a more personal question. (This is just as to your worklife)

I read in a magazine about a women that designed kidsclothing at home. She had a studio up stairs and loved her job especially because she felt she was able to balance her familylife and worklife on her own time.( I hope you get my drift).

So I am not thinking of your familylife but only on the worklife.

Are you - and how did you find out - working with something that makes you fufill (damm spelling). Well I am not expecting happy or in extase but ....

For you who has my mail please feel free to mail your answear.

I know this is some "serious" questions, but in here we are so different as to origin and or place in life I hope we/I get some very interesting point of view.