Strictly Come Dancing series 4

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by RBC, Oct 22, 2006.

1. kitty_koo

kitty_koo Hit and Run

I cant believe Lousia and Vincent got voted off, they should have been in the final. Does anyone else think that the dance off was biased in Emma's favour? Louisa is great but her American Smooth wasnt great which was a shame but in the dance off people are going to vote for the best routine out of them two and not think about other weeks, it seems SCD is doing everything to keep Emma in, but if she's not popular (except with the judges) she shouldnt be in the competition anymore.
    Anyway, im going to be voting for Matt and Mark next week, and hopefully Emma will be voted out next week
    One last thing, did anyone else hear the story about Mark in one of the Sunday papers? apparently he's been cheating on his wife for 15 years, but i dont believe it

2. RBC

RBC Coroner

Didn't hear that. He doesn't look like the type that would do that though. Too quiet and shy. I was thinking exactly the same with that dance-off. I thought, boy they're doing everything they can to keep Emma in.
    Funny coincidence btw. Louisa said that she passed her driver's exam (when? the day before?) when she went for the third time. I have to go for the third time tomorrow, maybe it's good luck :) *knocking wood* How old do you have to be in England to start? 16 or 17?

3. kitty_koo

kitty_koo Hit and Run

you have to be 17 in the UK
    and here's a link about Mark's affair
    http://newsbox.msn.co.uk/article.aspx?as...ae=windows-1252
    i was really shocked when i heard about this but im still going to vote for him: Emma cannot win!

4. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Good luck RBC !

I watched Strictly on Saturday night but kind of missed the last part. Can anyone explain to me how the dance off worked?

I think, however it worked, it's going to be seen as a ploy to keep Emma in. I'm sure she will go next week now, even though personally I think she is a good dancer.

5. kitty_koo

kitty_koo Hit and Run

Basically, the 2 couples definately through to the semi finals were announced and then the other 2 couples had to dance their highest scoring routine of that night again (Emma and Darren did the Tango and Louisa and Vincent did the American Smooth) and then whoever got the most votes out of them stayed in and the other got voted out.
    I agree with you it definately was a to keep Emma in. Louisa should have gone through!

6. Astrid

Astrid Rookie

So glad Louisa is doing the Christmas Special. Although normally it's the top 3 couples so dont know how they are doing it.
    The judges so just gave Emma huge votes as they know if she was anything but first on the judges scores she's be out.
    Utterly Farce!

7. RBC

RBC Coroner

I'm really confused now. First they said on the bbc website they were going to do a Christmas Special. Two days later it became a New Year's special, which is it still according to the website. But according to Claudia it's a Christmas special. Maybe we are lucky, and they have both :)
    Now Claudia isn't that all reliable though. She often makes mistakes. The latest one I remember is saying that Aled Jones was a finalist, which he wan't. Bruce makes mistakes too. When he was talking to a former celebrity participant in the public a couple of weeks ago he made the same mistake. But I guess this is too big a mistake to actually be a mistake isn't it?

8. kitty_koo

kitty_koo Hit and Run

It's a Christmas special, from what i read in one of the Christmas tv guides, its couples from series 3 dancing the highest scoring routines again so i dunno why Louisa and Vincent are in it, but it'll be great to see them again.

9. RBC

RBC Coroner

But then you have a problem, since the final is the day before Christmas Eve. The two finalist will hardly have time to practice. I really hope a non-winner will take the title this time. I was kinda bummed that Jill and Darren won the previous Christmas Specials.

10. kitty_koo

kitty_koo Hit and Run

In the Christmas Radio Times, it said there will be 6 couples in the Christmas SCD special, so far Zoe Ball, Colin Jackson, Mark and Louisa are lined up to be in it. Does anyone know who the other 2 couples will be in it? (I hope Emma's not in it, as you might have guessed i dont like her,lol)

11. Astrid

Astrid Rookie

No idea at the moment. Will post if I find out.
    Quick it's starting! *runs off to TV whilst wearing ballroom gown* ;)

12. RBC

RBC Coroner

Mark and Karin's argentine tango was simply amazing! I'm probably sounding like a broken record, but Emma was again overscored. It's not that I don't like her, I actually hope Matt gets eliminated tonight and not Emma, but I'd not be fair if I said they deserved the two 9's. Arlene's 7 was a little harsh though.

13. kitty_koo

kitty_koo Hit and Run

RBC i agree, Mark and Karen's Argentine Tango was fantastic! The score of 39 was thoroughly deserved and he should definately go through to the final.
    I still want Emma to go, she was overscored again,and while Matt wasnt as good as the other two, i dont want him to get voted out

14. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I kind of thought that Matt should have gone last night. Although Emma was definately overscored on the salsa, it was an 8 performance but not a 9.

I don't like the argentine tango generally, but Mark and Karen were fantastic. I really want them to go on and win the competition now. :)

I do think it was a little unfair not to have the dance off again, it just makes the one they did last week seem even more ridiculous. Anyway, I'm definately looking forward to the freestyle dance next week, they will be fab! :p

15. RBC

RBC Coroner

I thought it was a shame that Louisa went out last week. She and Vincent would have done a fabulous Argentine Tango.
    Who do you think should win?

I think Mark and Karen should win the series, and Colin and Erin or Louisa and Vincent should win the Christmas special.