Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Quench Your Thirst!'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Mrs.DelkoWolfe Lab Technician

That's a very good point GNRF. :thumbsup: I don't think I could agree more.:)

2. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

I agree completely. CBS/the producers of the show have NO logical reason to boot him.

No we don't! :scream: I feel like a kid who just got their favorite toy snatched from their hands. :p

That's what I thought too. But then again, since she's been on the show so long, and is such a well-loved character, I bet the producers would be more willing to give her a lot of slack as far as working hours, etc. if she had a child. And also, when you think about it logically, CSI:Miami definitely has more behind it than it does ahead. My guess is that they'll have 1-2, maybe even 3 more seasons before it ends. I'd think that Emily would be more willing to stick with the show, even with a kid, if she knew it wasn't going to last that much longer, and they were more flexible with working hours and such.

To my knowledge, Rory left the show partly because he didn't enjoy the hours/working conditions associated with a weekly, hour-long TV show. By the end of the second season, it was clear that Miami was not going to be cancelled, and that it had the potential to have quite a few more seasons. So if Rory didn't like that, it was logical that he got out of it sooner rather than later.

Nothing against Adam, but if that's part of the reasoning for his possible departure, I really don't see it as a smart move. CSI:Miami really made Adam Rodriguez. As I expressed above, by now, in its eighth season, the show won't last longer than a few more years. Career-wise, I think it would be more sensible for him to stay until the show's end. He could still do movies while the show is on break, and he's also shown that when necessary, he can do the show AND a movie at the same time (like he did while filming the last few episodes of Season 7 while simultaneously flying back and forth from Atlanta for the Tyler Perry movie). Like Emily, he's been there since the beginning, and is a very well-loved character. I'm sure the producers would also be willing to cut him more slack than say, Eddie Cibrian, so he could do more movies and still be on the show.

That's just my two cents. ;)

3. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

When I listened to that I didn't get any impression that she meant Adam was leaving the show. the impression I got was that she was hinting that Calleigh and Delko's relationship might go cold and her comment sounded more of a gag than anything serious

4. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

Nooo!!!

he can't leave, I just i'm too upset right now... is that what he meant by "9 more to go..."?

first Paula Abdul... now Adam (thats a joke) I don't know, he'd better stay on the show, I like him... stupid contracts... if that is the reason, if he's leaving...

Gaah, I'm going crazy, will return later hopiong news is better :)

wait... so that new guy is Adam's replacment...

*faints*

5. mjszud

mjszud Captain

CSIAJ- That was my impression also, I think she may have been kidding around like she was saying that the romance was in a contract or something.

Not to say anything bad here, but really no one aside from Adam himself or a CBS/TPTB/Spokesperson has any right to even comment on another actors' contract status, especially when nothing else has been released about said actors' contract. Basically, until I hear more I'm just letting this one go as a joke....for now. :p

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  6. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

Ok when I first got online, i see he's on facebook and I was like cool, then I read this bit of info and I went into panic mode and was screaming, and now I've calmed a bit, I have read waht all of you have said, and it all makes since...

so I'll be calm untill Adam himslef tells us what is going on... :cool:

maybe it is all just a joke... they can be pretty tricky those CSI people :)

7. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

I've never really trust any of these "Entertainment" shows with their news these days and this is no exception. Unless Adam posts on his website or blog (If he has those) or we get some word from the studio that he is leaving, I say he's still here.

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

It is possible that by "contract negotiations" she was referring to storylines... like an episode that involves contract negotiations as far as Eric's job is concerned. Maybe it's a shift switch or maybe they'll do with him like they did with Ryan and he'll have to find some other kind of employment for a while until Horatio can pull some strings and get him back as a CSI. We just don't know for sure what Emily's comments meant.

9. electra

electra Pathologist

I hope we find soon the information abot Adam's contract.I enjoy the show as a whole but I would probably stop watching the very next day after Adam or Emily leaves.Evey fan needs a draw to watch a show and they definely are mine.

I agree that it looks like a bad interpretation of something Emily said but is enough to worry.

10. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

TV guide magazine just reported something about Adam Rodriguez and his position on the show.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think that maybe there will be some episodes that Eric will not appear in due to his injuries and recovery... but I think that once he's fully recovered, he'll be back to work full time. :)

12. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

^ I hope so!

13. Wasabi Power

Yah...Uhm I'm not sure how much I can post here about this news sooo. You guys'll have to go find it. I dont wanna get in trouble or cause panic. :thumbsup:

14. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

I can't find anything. You do mean TVGuide.com, right? Someone give me a clue, lol.

15. Wasabi Power

tvguidemagazine.com

Anddd. I'm pretty sure I can't post links? I'm not sure on the rules anymore. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.