Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Quench Your Thirst!'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Previous Thread

As the old thread is nearing the end and no doubt excitement for the new season is growing, I've started a fresh thread to get the ball rolling.

[highlight]***[/highlight]Need to know real quick what's on the horizon for CSI:Miami and don't want to wade through discussion? Check out the Spoiler Reference Guide. Contains brief overviews of episodes. Updated as the information comes in.[highlight]***[/highlight]

Welcome to the Spoiler Lab! Feel free to post and discuss any spoiler-related material to your heart's content in this thread. :)

But first, here are a few things to keep in mind before posting:

Rules:

*~~* You can post and discuss any spoiler information in this thread, but if there is already an episode thread open, please post spoilers relating to that episode in that thread. All episode threads will look like this:

We will only have one new episode thread open at any one time, to prevent possible confusion.

~*~ It may seem obvious, but there is no need to allow spoiler space in this thread, or use the vBulletin code 'spoiler' function. Please remember to use one of these methods in threads without a spoiler warning.

~*~ Regarding copyright violations and sources:

Please note that posting Spoiler information word-for-word will not be allowed due to copyright infringement. Please place any Spoilers in your own words--especially if the info is rather extensive. FieldMouse, myself or The Administrators reserve the right to edit/remove any copyright violation.

That being said, please keep in mind that while you may have stumbled upon some fairly long-winded spoilers, not everyone wants to know all the details. (Eg: Who the killer is). A basic overview of the episode, interesting revelations and which characters are involved are the main points of interest.

Casting sides/general sides are a bit of an 'open secret' but they are not to be pasted in this thread. Simply let us know in your own words what you've found in relation to future episodes.

Please do not name sources if they're not major magazines (TV Guide, Entertainment Weekly, etc.) or well-known web columns like Ask Ausiello or Kristin at E! Online. Keep in mind that naming sources aside from these makes it likely that those sources will dry up.

*~~* Please keep this thread Miami Spoilers Only. Should you need to post spoilers from either LV or NY for whatever reason, please use the 'Spoiler Code' out of consideration to those who may not want to be spoiled for either of those shows.

*~~* With regard to discussing various 'ships', unless it pertains to the episode directly, please post shipping speculation in the relevant thread in 'Shipper Central'.

Also, we cannot confirm or deny the validity of the spoilers posted as they are as always, subject to change.

If you have any questions/concerns, feel free to PM myself or FieldMouse. :)

So let's continue! :D

----------------------------------

-CSI:Miami season 8 will premiere Monday, September 21st in its regular time slot. Thanks to nwolfson22 and SpoilerTV for the information.

-Eddie Cibrian ('Third Watch', 'Invasion') will be joining the cast of CSI:Miami and will presumably be playing a police officer. Thanks NicknGrissom and SpoilerTV for the information.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Ooh pretty new thread. Thanks Geni, & NickNGrissom. :p

This news has me a wee bit floored. I can't yet comprehend the reason behind having a "regular" who plays a cop, when we already have a regular who plays a detective/sargent. I hate to go crazy already with speculation but I really hope this isn't a replacement for the beloved Francis. :eek:

3. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

YAY! Spoiler thread is open!

Double YAY! More eye candy for us to enjoy. Welcome to CSI: Miami Eddie Cibrian!

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I love Eddie, but I hope he's not replacing any of our guys. Maybe he'll be a cop at first, but then switch to being the M.E. if he's had medical training. That would be quite the twist. We've had ME's switching to CSI's, but never a cop switching to an ME. It doesn't say he'll be a regular, just that he's joining the cast. That could mean anything. He could just be on for a certain story arc. Or he could be recurring like Angell was on NY.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  5. electra

electra Pathologist

Well,that is for sure a fine guy.Miami is definely and eye candy show .:drool:

6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

TVGuide says that he'll be "joining the cast", but in the article with People it says he'll be joining the cast as a regular. So, yeah, who knows. :p
    He is quite the hottie. :devil:

Just to be sure, I do have one question, & if anyone can give me a REAL answer I'd certainly appreciate the confirmation. I know Adam Rodriquez has apparently re-signed his contract & also that a reporter has said that he will return in the fall - but do we know FOR SURE, like from the mouth of Adam, that he has actually RE-SIGNED his contract? I don't mean - "oh well Adam stated that he's returning, so it must mean he signed" - because a statement like "I will return in the new season" isn't much confirmation to me, the person has to come back to die or leave, & I really don't want that for the character, so if anyone can confirm, please do so.

7. luf100

luf100 Coroner

It's sad how excited I just got over the fact that there's a date for the season 8 premiere and the spoiler lab is baaaack! :D

I don't know who this new guy is, but as long as he's not replacing a character, I'm good. If he's hot, yay, a bonus!

8. csi_miami_babe

csi_miami_babe Rookie

I'm excited for Eddie to join the cast as long as all the other guys will still be on. Miami is just getting more and more full of hot men every season. When I first read the announcement about Eddie joining I thought he was going to be a CSI, not a police officer. It would be kind of nice to have another CSI in the lab and he seems like he would fit in right away.

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Oh crap! I just thought of something. Someone on imdb message boards said Eddie Cibrian is full blooded Cuban. Isn't Eric supposed to be part Cuban? Remember that rumor a while back about Eric finding out he has a brother he never knew about? Hmm.... interesting. Coincidence? I'm not sure.

Anyway, here is his IMDB page in case anyone isn't familiar with him and wants to see what he looks like.

10. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

thank you so much for linking to his imdb super helpful. OMG he was on baywatch nights! I used to watch that !!
    :O)

11. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

Eric's brother... ooh that would be interesting... or Ryan's brother *LOL*

I'm sure Adam is coming back, in this day and age, if adam was off the show we'd hear about it, those sort of things can't be kept a secret, so I'm sure he's coming back...if not...tptb have some splanin to do!

but i'm also sort of wierd about new people being added to a cast I like, becouse I like everyone on the show, which is rare, and adding someone new, i'll have to see who he is, and what his point of being there is, and as long as he doesn't mess with any of the story lines I care about, I'm good :)

12. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Why are they adding another character?I really think TPTB and writers have problems providing stories and screentime for the characters they have now.Is he going to be rotating time with Frank? Perhaps there will be an A case and B case at times so that both Frank and Eddie work the cases with different CSI's.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  13. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

Eddie is good looking guy and i hope he would a detective, not ME. And i really hope he is NOT Eric's brother, how many Eric's siblings we see? Next time they how his grandmother and grandfather? Lets show Ryan, Frank or Natalia siblings!

And i hope Eddie's character would be friend with Ryan, he really need real friend in this lab.

I don't care about Adam, i would happy if he leave the show (no offence ;))

14. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Maybe they just want someone to be a cop on the cases other than Tripp. Although it's also possible they are just in the mood to expand the casts this year because NY is also getting a new regular.

15. Cath.S

Cath.S CSI Level One

WOW Eddie Cibrian... Well he would be the second good reason (after Jon Togo) for me to watch CSI Miami. ;)

I agree with you in all points. ;) But I think he won't replace Adam. Since Yelina left the police there is no second detective so I can imagine that at first he is going to have a smaller part in the show and they will see how it works and when he makes a good job they will enlarge his role.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.