Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

2. alynch

alynch Dead on Arrival

Eh, not much of a loss. I mean sure the character was underwritten, but it cuts both ways. She still didn't make much of an impression on those few occasions when she was given something to do. I never got the sense that there was a great character just waiting for the chance to emerge. The character was an insubstantial, easily forgotten, empty vessel.

3. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I doubt it had anything to do with salary. Since they don't have to pay WP full time, they had already cut their budget. I think this is part of the 'creative changes' they alluded to in an interview. Losing 3 characters in a year hurt; this is one they could get back. And having Sara back is a way to bring Grissom back on occasion.
    I feel bad for LLS. I think the writers had difficulty developing her character because they were too focused on Ray. But I won't deny, I couldn't be happier to see Jorja again. :)
    It still sounds like she is only back part-time, so I don't really know what to think. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. But I'm definitely looking forward to season 10 and I didn't think I would be.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  4. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

First off, I thought actor bashing was a BIG no-no? Second off, WTF?! LLS was great I thought. I do agree that they brought her on at a weird time. TPTB, and some of the pathetic fans here, (see above :rolleyes:) are blaming actors and characters for issues THEY are creating. They make LLS all angsty, preparing this season for her backstory, and than they just boot her for JF no doubt?

It's quite sad. In a way, I almost can't wait for CSI to be over. The crap hole that it has become is quite depressing. Someone cut the actors loose please. The remainging actors (GE, MH, LLS and ES) deserve so much more than what TPTB can give them.

This pathetic excuse for a show needs to get its priorities straight. This may just be the final nail in the coffin for this CSI fan.:scream:

5. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

Unfortunately from a lot of what I had read, Riley was not very well received. I know I tried really hard to like her but there was something that just seemed to be missing about her character. I don't want to place blame because what good does that do. But I don't think that she fit in for a lot of fans of the show.

That being said, I do feel sorry for LLS. It's not easy to come into an established show and try to act like you belong. And it's not easy when there are so many fans who didn't give her much of a chance.

6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Desertwind, when someone says Sara sucks or such you are not happy with them, why? because you love the character and you want them to be respectful of that. But then you jump in with the above? That isn't anymore acceptable then people saying that about Sara. You like them could have said you "disliked" the character and your reasons why. People may respond to your reasons why, but right now they are responding to your choice of words, as I am sure you would.

I think EVERYONE again needs to CHILL OUT! Calm down and Relax.

7. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

Destiny: Maybe a rule should be made that if you wouldn't say it about your grandma, then you shouldn't say it about an actor/character?

No? Just a suggestion....:cool:

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Sorry Destiny but I did give the reasons why, I 'DISLIKED THIS CHARACTER' not the actress, she's a pretty sweet girl, my reasons were to me valid and almost eveyone disses Jorja/Sara on a daily basis and I just deal with it up mostly, disliking friction or confrontations. She was on one season, and apparently the writers weren't content with her persona, or she would have stayed. Jorja was on for 9 years, a whole lot of difference, and that's a wrap~ I didn't focus in on any one particulary, and I wanted to like this character very much, but ep. after ep. I was disapointed and let down, apparently the CSI staff were too. I did decipher my words, and that's how I felt. Sorry if that offends anyone, but I do understand, but am offended constantly, by anyone who chooses to disagree with others comments. So sorry about this, moving on~~~

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  9. Snowkitty

Snowkitty Victim

Oh, sure, Jorja was never in any independent films (Memento, Food for the Heart) or you know, two hit TV shows before CSI (ever hear of ER or the West Wing?)

I apologize for the sarcasm, but your post was not only nasty, but inaccurate. (And it was Sara who pined for Grissom, not Jorja.)

I feel very sorry for LLS too, she was never given a chance. I wasn't sure about Riley as a character, but I don't think that was the actress's fault. It's got to be hard to come in when she did, and I think she did a fine job with what they gave her.

10. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I'm sorry we're losing Riley, because she had the makings of a good character. I wonder if they will leave the slot empty? I think it could still work that way, even after Jorja leaves. Again.

11. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

Ok, Ok, we get it. If a fly drops dead on the CSI set, it's Jorja's fault. If I break my nail, it's Jorja's fault. Recession is Jorja's fault.

Now that that's clear, maybe it's just that the timing of Riley's introduction to the team was very unfortunate, even moreso considering they were also introducing Morpheus to the show. I don't care one way or another about her being out since I didn't get to see her, but best wishes to her and there's the hope that she lands a role that's more suited for her.

I'm waaaaay beyond excited to see Sara back! However, I'm having abiguous feelings about her coming back as a CSI. Unless she comes to help them a little bit and then something happens and she has to stay there, I don't know how TPTB will be able to pull that off. Because she's supposed to be honeymooning with Grissom around the world, and she's supposed to be burnt out and all that. Having Sara back on the show? Great idea. As a CSI? Hhhhmmmm...

P.S.: Is it just my impression, or does it sound in the interview like Grissom will also be back at some point?

12. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

13. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Sure. TPTB. Focus on the returning character all you can and give up on a wonderful new character that had potential to develop a nice storyline, plus keep shoving the other characters that are still around to the background.

If the producers aren't just trying to get people's attention and what they say is really going to happen, I hope, and I mean it, that season 10 is Marg's last season on CSI. I'd hate to see her go, but I'd hate to see her talent wasted much more.

14. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yes I agree with you. I really would love to see George every week as well, but the talent is being wasted on a character and an actress who walks in and out whenever they want instead of to loyal actors.

15. alynch

alynch Dead on Arrival

Well, their isn't really much point to bringing a character back if you're only going to have her stand around and deliver exposition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.